Lottery vendor hits the appalling driving jackpot!

rooster59

Lottery vendor hits the appalling driving jackpot!

7fhbjabg85b7fgiaha96j.jpg

Image: Komchadluek

A story doing the rounds of Thai social media involved a 23 year old female learner driver who is a lottery vendor.

She faces four serious charges after driving her car up the sidewalk and colliding with a worker sweeping up outside a shop. 

Thidarat Kheukhun told Loei cops that she had been to a pub with friends the night before and was on her way to pick up a friend on Wednesday morning.

She mistook the brake for the accelerator. 

This was only the second or third time she had been behind the wheel of her Altis.

"No, I don't have a license", she said. 

Thidarat is a lottery vendor in the north eastern Thai town after just graduating from Ratchaphat University. 

Police said she had 121 mg of alcohol in her system, over the limit. 

Thirty seven year old Waraphit Karnjampee was the luckless worker sweeping up outside the shop in Kut Pong sub-district of Muang district. The victim now recovering in hospital had only been working for the shop for a month, reported Komchadluek. 

Thidarat has been charged with four offences: Negligent driving, driving causing injury, not having a license and drunk driving.

Thaivisa notes that the number of her car was 5885 though it was not reported if this was auspicious for the lottery on this occasion.

Source: Komchadluek

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-28

hkba8dbfdjki6b86abjdb.jpg

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, rooster59 said:
Thidarat Kheukhun told Loei cops that she had been to a pub with friends the night before

Wonder what alcohol level she had leaving the pub, 300?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

And I do sincerely wonder what out of this world number she had last night when she had been drinking and went home. 700 ?

• Haha 1

23 years, lottery vendor and driving in an Altis. Did she sell the tickets for 200 baht each?

But seriously, what's her license plate? Surely that number will win in the upcoming lottery draw :cheesy:

40 years ago, I worked up at the other end of Ruam Chai road where this happened.  This is on the corner where it ends at the main highway through town.  Didn't take long to "drive through" town on google maps street view and find the place. I know pretty much where the farm and equipment stores are located.  At least the poor fellow who was hit only had to go about 300 - 400 meters to the hospital.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4895127,101.7218606,3a,90y,350.29h,107.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVIGkfevErWCcJypLAD_1Iw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

image.png.e191eb8f75800ee13059bb2c68f65f15.png

image.png.3ae4205668a9688d852f8558645b1f29.png

Edited by Damrongsak

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Aged just 23 and working as a lottery vendor... I wonder whose paying for the car??

No licence again.. just go buy a car & drive.. priceless!

I would speculate, based on :-

1) The relationship between personal finances and age in Thailand

2) The Ratchaphat degree

3) Staying up all night drinking

4) The claimed low-paid job that doesn't quite make sense

5) The gender

6) The driver's age

7) The stupidity and irresponsibility,

that the car was bought (or finance guaranteed) by either mummy and daddy or "papa".