Illegal street racing foiled in Pattaya

webfact

Illegal street racing foiled in Pattaya

By The Nation

0b5aae6a2fe1a7b8d18589c73c3cf970-sld.jpe

Pattaya police detained 20 young motorcyclists early on Sunday and seized their bikes on suspicion they were planning illegal street races.

Muang Pattaya Police led by deputy superintendent Pol Lt Colonel Korn Somkanay began a sweep of Jomtien 2 Road at about 1.30am after receiving a tip-off about teenagers planning a race there.

No racing was going on when they arrived, but suspects were detained pending drug tests and their bikes confiscated to check if they were illegally modified.

If the suspects test free of drugs, their parents will be told to pick them up at the police station. 

The owners of motorcycles found to have been illegally modified will be given directions for readjusting them.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351011

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-30

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

Rebels without a clue ,thai style, riding Honda 110 cubs with a hole in the exhaust...these clowns are the typicle showboating thai male youth,seeking attention with noise....

"thai male youth".  With a pink bike? Check the photo.

9 minutes ago, mok199 said:

yes its a 2014 110 Honda super cub . they came in pink 2015 and 2014....I don't get your post..

I just wondered if girls are also into this street racing.

Only last week a poster commented on girls taking part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

Rebels without a clue ,thai style, riding Honda 110 cubs with a hole in the exhaust...these clowns are the typicle showboating thai male youth,seeking attention with noise....

Small scoots and small .................girl friends. My wife has a small one and the only modification is a twist grip rubber for a foot peg as the original fell off.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police detained 20 young motorcyclists early on Sunday and seized their bikes on suspicion they were planning illegal street races.

Yoof is Yoof and this is what they do so Plod need to come at this from another angle and offer the yoof out like some U S old bill do with " beat the heat '' .. Tape off Beach road Sat' evenings and then let 'em face off against the cops in drag races from say the cop shop down to Walking street .. The action is centralized then with no need for Plod to go looking for 'em .. Plod's Isuzu pickup v Somchai's Honda wave what's not to like about that .. all the ambulances , amulet and charcoal sellers , etc can park up in Soi's off Beach rd ready for the action .. No padding on the street furniture will further increase the attrition rate when they get it badly wrong .. 

IMG_20180729_205333.jpg

Give them 100 hours community service sweeping the streets of Pattaya, drain their bikes of oil and gasoline, crush the bikes whilst the owner watches and then take the wrecks out to sea on a barge and dump them in a spot to create an artificial reef. That should do it.

• Like 2

Not of this topic, but would it be possible to provide a page showing the ranks of Police Officers from Private through Generals. I know they all jump out of a plane to get their Parachute Wings but aside from that with all the stars and leaves I find it hard to tell who's who.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"bikes confiscated to check if they were illegally modified".

I never noticed anything being said about the cops asking for licenses.

It seems some poster thinks that racing teenagers caught putting peoples lives at risk should not be

asked for their licences, can this really be true?

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The owners of motorcycles found to have been illegally modified will be given directions for readjusting them.

Just as well the you'th don't have the dough to take it to the level of Scandinavian super nutter Ghost-rider's barking mad modified 'Busa .. It would take some " readjustment " to put this back standard ..

IMG_20180729_195124.jpg

IMG_20180729_195055.jpg

13 hours ago, webfact said:

the owners of motorcycles found to have been illegally modified will be given directions for readjusting them.

Readjust them in a crushing machine. Some may learn from that. :thumbsup:

Edited by lvr181
correction
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"thai male youth".  With a pink bike? Check the photo.

Why not? Pink is not taboo here as it is in the west...

My wife loves pink and has actually got me to wear pink shirts. A no no back home... never actually understood why pink is associated with homosexuality. Probably one of our (westerners) stupid ways of categorizing things we don't like.

46 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Why not? Pink is not taboo here as it is in the west...

My wife loves pink and has actually got me to wear pink shirts. A no no back home... never actually understood why pink is associated with homosexuality. Probably one of our (westerners) stupid ways of categorizing things we don't like.

I have worn a pink top back home in the UK, and I'm as far away from being homosexual as anyone.

One more thing, my football team Celtic had a pink third strip last season.

The delinquent bikes layed down to accept the inevitable .. Under the tracks of a motorcycle's worst flippin' nightmare .. A Volvo .!

Sacrilege to destroy perfectly good stuff...should have been auctioned or given to the needy !

Sacrilege ? There’s so many of these filthy dangerous noisy 2 wheeled death traps in the roads there should be a monthly public crushing of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I take it you're not a motorcycle rider/fan [emoji1]

Agreed that something should be done about the noise from idiots with aftermarket or modified exhausts

(no muffler) that applies to everyone from 18 wheelers,pickups,vans,sedans and bikes.

IMHO that something is to heavily fine the offenders and force them to use/fix their exhaust pipes...repeat offenders confiscate vehicle and auction it off.

10 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have worn a pink top back home in the UK, and I'm as far away from being homosexual as anyone.

One more thing, my football team Celtic had a pink third strip last season.

I think Celtic should adopt,  total pink colour on all kit for all games. 

bunch of Jessie's :thumbsup:

Rangers, Rangers, Rangers. 

Edited by stanleycoin