Filing a small claims / suing a company

Sarah Parmer

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh do tell which sites in Thailand accept foreign debit cards.

fire away 3.2,1...........

Stop trying to twist what i posted, i posted some sites accept debit cards, you posted internet sites do not accept debit cards.

You were wrong just admit it.

• Haha 1

Just now, colinneil said:

Stop trying to twist what i posted, i posted some sites accept debit cards, you posted internet sites do not accept debit cards.

You were wrong just admit it.

Post which sites in Thailand accept foreign debit cards, save the bs for some one who wants to hear it.

Now, post at least 1 site in Thailand which accepts foreign debit cards

• Thanks 1

Just now, BestB said:

Post which sites in Thailand accept foreign debit cards, save the bs for some one who wants to hear it.

Never argue with a fool as if you do it only takes you down to their level, so i wont.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You say internet sites do not accept debit cards, well you are 100% wrong, some sites do.

I no longer have any credit cards only use a debit card, it it has been accepted by internet sites.

I said Lazada does not accept international CREDIT CARDS. Please learn how to read before writing, especially when you know nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gaff said:

I said Lazada does not accept international CREDIT CARDS. Please learn how to read before writing, especially when you know nothing.

Excuse me, i was responding to bestb  who posted internet sites do not accept debit cards.

So better if you read my posts before commenting.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, Sarah Parmer said:

Filing from the UK, would I actually have to be back in the UK for the court hearing etc.? plus when I briefly looked at the process it's hard to sue overseas companies and I'm unsure about DJI's UK assets. 

No, you do not need to be in the UK. I have made 2 successful claims through the small claims service, one from here in Thailand. You would need to use a UK address and be able to read the post fairly quickly, I use an online postal service. It would be up to you if you chose to make a personal appearance in court, both of mine were settled out of court at the last minute.

You are right about the overseas aspect, the claim would have to be against a UK entity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Both Central Online and Lazada accept my UK debit card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

A friend of mine in Pattaya only has a UK debit card and uses it quite regularly. He just bought a computer from Amazon and when I went to set it up for him he wanted to pay for a VPN. Got quite annoyed that there was no debit card payment option.

• Like 1

To the OP

I assume that if you have an issue with any brand, you first get it settled with the store where it was purchased (and not directly from the manufacturer) ?...unless I am missing out something ?

Which store was it purchased in Thailand ?

Was the drone remote set on anything similar like the "learner"  or  on "sport" mode ?

Did you have the  "obstacle avoidance" activated or not ?

Did you update to the latest firmware on the remote and the drone ?

Were you flying in a area with possible R/C interference (power cables, GSM relay, airport...?

Basic but stupid question....was your DJI a genine model or purchased on the stall of the Chinese market in BKK ?

Not that I mean to argue your case but if you do get a new drone, make sure to check these basic figures out as they can cause unpredictible issues.

I have a DJI too (the Mavic Pro) and to this day flies fine, however used it only abroad and never in Thailand.

Enjoy your next drone but DJI seems to this day to be one of the best. If you find anything better, do share.....good luck !

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

A friend of mine in Pattaya only has a UK debit card and uses it quite regularly. He just bought a computer from Amazon and when I went to set it up for him he wanted to pay for a VPN. Got quite annoyed that there was no debit card payment option.

Amazon is not Thai site

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Bs, they do not. Only local debit cards but foreign credit cards 

I have placed an order with Lazada yoday, using my Barclays Bank Visa DEBIT card. The order has been accepted - not the first time.

I have ordered from Central online many times using the same card.

Before you accuse people of lying you should check your grounds. Maybe visit the websites and look at the payment options.

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

I have placed an order with Lazada yoday, using my Barclays Bank Visa DEBIT card. The order has been accepted - not the first time.

I have ordered from Central online many times using the same card.

Before you accuse people of lying you should check your grounds. Maybe visit the websites and look at the payment options.

More bs, post screen shot of your order with debit card payment,making sure it shows foreign debit card was used 

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

More bs, post screen shot of your order with debit card payment,making sure it shows foreign debit card was used 

The order/confirmation does not give the card details. Just states "via credit or debit card".

You will just have to believe me - or not. Up to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Your words  "Now, post at least 1 site in Thailand which accepts foreign debit cards"

If you live in Thailand, all sites are in Thailand.

•  

Oh I see, so because I live in Thailand and my AU or UK or US bank is on Internet and accessable from Thailand then it’s Thai bank now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On July 31, 2018 at 1:45 PM, BestB said:

If you bought it in Thailand frok

a Thai registered business then OCPB will help you out but may take some time and totally free.

if you bought it from China then nothing you can do at all.

you said you paid with debit card, how? Internet sites do not accept debit cards, was it through someone like PayPal? In which case you can also open a case through them

I bought it at one of  the few 'authorized' resellers in Bangkok with a uk debit card (master card) in store. But I have no argument with the Thai resellers as it's the Chinese drone company that deals with the warranties/refunds etc....

On July 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM, new2here said:

I have to agree with the others, on the whole, the level of consumer rights rules and the system and process in place to enforce and protect them is just not of the same standard as that as perhaps in countries like the US Or regions like the EU. Right or wrong is a different conversation, but this is just to say that IMHO, on a comparison basis alone, you don’t have the same level of rights or protections here.

Could you move forward with legal action? Probably... but... before I did I’d want to first take a hard look at my case critically looking at the facts, what law, laws or company policies/warranties I have, what are the economics in play— then make a choice if the value is there for you to expend money to move forward.

IMHO, unless you have a pretty solid written warranty and documentation showing a failure, and the amount of money is material, I’d probably just move on or accept one of their compromise solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for this response. 

Yes I think I have enough proof that I am well within their warranty allowance and have proof of failure etc. However like you say it's probably not worth the money to move forward. 

The company takes over 2 days to respond, will only talk via email, and basically just say 'no no no', even when I present them with evidence, don't answer any of my questions, send poorly written responses that don't make sense.... so it's just frustrating.....

On July 31, 2018 at 4:04 PM, observer90210 said:

To the OP

I assume that if you have an issue with any brand, you first get it settled with the store where it was purchased (and not directly from the manufacturer) ?...unless I am missing out something ?

Which store was it purchased in Thailand ?

Was the drone remote set on anything similar like the "learner"  or  on "sport" mode ?

Did you have the  "obstacle avoidance" activated or not ?

Did you update to the latest firmware on the remote and the drone ?

Were you flying in a area with possible R/C interference (power cables, GSM relay, airport...?

Basic but stupid question....was your DJI a genine model or purchased on the stall of the Chinese market in BKK ?

Not that I mean to argue your case but if you do get a new drone, make sure to check these basic figures out as they can cause unpredictible issues.

I have a DJI too (the Mavic Pro) and to this day flies fine, however used it only abroad and never in Thailand.

Enjoy your next drone but DJI seems to this day to be one of the best. If you find anything better, do share.....good luck !

Hi, 

yes I bought it from 13 dji or something a long them lines - it's a big authorized dealer in Bangkok, but the store isn't going to help and I don't blame them. 
The case is basically:
DJI claim that "flying in ATTI mode voids warranty." The drone 'crashed/incident/flew away' in GPS mode (with all the normal settings etc.). It probably should have been in ATTI mode, but it didn't revert for some reason? malfunction?
So they keep saying 'flying in ATTI blar blar' but I continually send them screen shots of the drone clearly not in that mode, + backed up with other professionals reviewing the flight log, and it just goes round and round. Anyway that's it summarized... 

14 minutes ago, Sarah Parmer said:

I bought it at one of  the few 'authorized' resellers in Bangkok with a uk debit card (master card) in store. But I have no argument with the Thai resellers as it's the Chinese drone company that deals with the warranties/refunds etc....

Actually this is where you are all wrong, It is indeed the seller who is responsible for all the after service.

You bought from a physical store, who is supposedly an authorized seller, which means they are responsible 100%

You should be going back to the store and asking them to deal with it, if they fail to act, you contact OCPB  and they will take over from there.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 2:41 PM, gaff said:

I don't know why they not accept your cc card, but my european Visa card is full accepted. 

Edited by snowgard

On 7/30/2018 at 1:08 PM, Sarah Parmer said:

Hello, 

Yes I had both a license to operate and insurance

Whichever ways you try to accomplish gaining a refund for the drone in Thailand, will not be viable. Sorry, but the odds are stacked against you.

Doubt trying to sue the company from the UK will work, as any guarantees fall outside of UK jurisdiction and laws.

Your best option that once back in the UK, armed with any evidence you have that the drone was faulty and not negligent handling on your part, is to name and shame the company on the social media, whereas you`ll be outside the jurisdiction of Thailand`s defamation laws.  But some words of warning: better make sure your evidence is rock solid, otherwise the company could end up taking you to court. 

Law cases till 10000 baht are not opened at the Thai court. 

In that Moment you offered 50% you have been shrinking the case to 10000 baht and the Chinese Company wins 1:0.

Lucky you, coz the Lawyer would have costs the minimum Charge of 10000 baht and to open the case another 10000 baht, hence you would probably win and end up with unfortunate a win win situation 1:1.

They might have a Facebook page: batter them there until you get blocked or at least another promise.?

On 7/31/2018 at 8:35 AM, varun said:

Please read carefully. The purchase was made using a Debit card, not Credit card.

Chargeback is possible on UK debit cards also, though the modalities are different and it is not a right like UK credit card protection is.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Actually this is where you are all wrong, It is indeed the seller who is responsible for all the after service.

You bought from a physical store, who is supposedly an authorized seller, which means they are responsible 100%

You should be going back to the store and asking them to deal with it, if they fail to act, you contact OCPB  and they will take over from there.

The dealer is fully aware of this, but wants to get rid of the OP.

The dealer will direct the OP to DJI, and DJI will direct the OP to the dealer - and it will just go around in circles.

BTW, When someone says the odds are stacked against you, best do your own thing  I had a brand new Mazda CX-5 replaced much to the same opinion.    My fault for not checking properly and Mazda will never agree to it, blah blah blah.  It was replaced and delivery within 10 days or so.