banned breeds dogs

Has anyone ever arrived with an American or English stafford dog (or pittbull)?. On any website including Thai, I've read that those two breeds are prohibited to import in Thailand. Only 1 pet import organisation (by cargo) told me he can, but needed to be desexted, castrated (which he allready is) So I have send an e-mail to the Thai embassy in Belgium directly with the question  "can I bring my American Stafford with me on holiday"? And the answer was they informed and he CAN. I have it black on white, will bring the e-mail with me but I am still a little nervous.... Anyone has any experience maybe?

IMG_2460 (2).JPG

9 minutes ago, sanmeeus said:

Please do read my question good

I have, and told you that the breeds you mentioned are banned in Thailand. As regards the information given by the Thai embassy, if I were you or him or whoever, I`d obtain a second confirmation. Good luck.

• 7 months later...
Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand.
http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/BringingPetsIntoThailand

These are the favourite breeds of trailer park trash, highly dangerous and should be eradicated.

1866742127_pitbull.jpg.823ce61d2f40a5e40a021e164ca23595.jpg
the dogs or the owners, or both?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sanmeeus ..... If you are successful in bringing pooch, I'd recommend a muzzle when leash walking. One concern I would have about mine (a Brittany - breed) is that she eats everything in sight. Thailand being a tropical country, the outdoors is rife with critters. Mine would get herself in trouble for sure.

Good luck. Tread carefully.

18 hours ago, neeray said:

Sanmeeus ..... If you are successful in bringing pooch, I'd recommend a muzzle when leash walking. One concern I would have about mine (a Brittany - breed) is that she eats everything in sight. Thailand being a tropical country, the outdoors is rife with critters. Mine would get herself in trouble for sure.

Good luck. Tread carefully.

Thanks. He is a very calm dog. But we are always very very carefull. And have a muzzle on stand by

On 3/31/2019 at 2:24 AM, JessDoof said:

Thanks. He is a very calm dog. But we are always very very carefull. And have a muzzle on stand by

Brought my Amstaff/Malinois Belgium Shepherd, without a hitch some years ago from EU. Well in EU dog passport he is labeled as mixed breed, so if worried make sure you get documentation from vet reflecting it's of mixed breeds, and not a pure-bred, to get thru without raised eye-brows (or maybe brown envelopes). Exporting from EU, involved a lot of paperwork, but you weren't asking about that... What I found out was that arriving to Suvarnabhumi was the easiest step about the animal control steps of the way - very friendly staff and while they were handling the paperwork we got to go take the dog out for a fast "business" before boarding onward to CNX flight etc ???? The animal control were mostly checking that vaccinations were on point and that he was fit to fly after 15h of continuous flights.    

EDIT: this was actually for you both @sanmeeus and @JessDoof ????

Image may contain: dog

• 1 month later...

Archived