Why are so many expats in Thailand FOS?

bwpage3

1 minute ago, pgrahmm said:

I must lead a sheltered life.....

It's not full of braggarts, although a few have served in the military....And, a very - very high percentage of our acquaintances fit your category "A" profile.....

Not sure we know anyone that fits your "B" profile.....

I'm not sure of the reason for your post.....Not sure that I really want to know.....

I think I missed categories A & B.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

SAS, special forces, mobsters, millionaires, rich and famous, overly educated, drug dealers, gangsters, you name it, they are all here in droves.

I havent seen any TV posters claiming to any of the above , although saying that , some probably do fit into the above categories

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

I must lead a sheltered life.....

It's not full of braggarts, although a few have served in the military....And, a very - very high percentage of our acquaintances fit your category "A" profile.....

Not sure we know anyone that fits your "B" profile.....

I'm not sure of the reason for your post.....Not sure that I really want to know.....

Why does any one need a reason to post? A post is to incite dialogue.

1 hour ago, My Thai Life said:

Horrible materialistic questionnaire.

What's even nuttier is the people who come to Thailand, don't like it, go back home. Then spend their time on Thai Visa complaining about Thailand and the foreigners who prefer to live in Thailand.

Must be an awfully fulfilling life you've gone back to.

Does make ya wonder about the OP.  He has a very odd behavior. He left back to the U.S. and could not stop going on and on about it. Now he spends a copious amount of time posting on TVF about expats here.

1 hour ago, My Thai Life said:

Horrible materialistic questionnaire.

What's even nuttier is the people who come to Thailand, don't like it, go back home. Then spend their time on Thai Visa complaining about Thailand and the foreigners who prefer to live in Thailand.

Must be an awfully fulfilling life you've gone back to.

You are the exact type this post is aimed at. Not one bit of truth in your response. Why even respond? Did this post affect your personally?

You should stick to the post, tell everyone what category you fit into and how your life instead of making up accusations how you think mine is.

If you have nothing to hide, tell the truth. Stick to the post. Don't make it personal.

32 minutes ago, Get Real said:

You sure everything is okey with you? Take a valium and relax, dude! Either you are trolling your underwear off, or you just have all the wrong friends.

Interesting fact. All the good expats I knew in Thailand for 10 years, there is only 1 remaining. The rest all moved on. The one remaining has been there 24 years and owns a few Subways and other aviation business.

Of the ones that moved back, mostly all advanced education, not retirement age, decided they could make more by going back and saving up. No idea if they will ever move back when they retire or not. For me, no.

One was working in Thailand for 36 years, just retired to Australia, but splits time 50/50 in Isaan.

4 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Why does any one need a reason to post? A post is to incite dialogue.

That's not dialogue.

You are simply slagging any reason which with any of us who have chosen to remain.

You've painted every expat with a broad, vindictive brush.

Don't claim that as dialogue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

That's not dialogue.

You are simply slagging any reason which with any of us who have chosen to remain.

You've painted every expat with a broad, vindictive brush.

Don't claim that as dialogue.

First. Learn how to read.

Then tell us what category you are in or are you hiding from your own truth?

Do you have any clue what the post is about?

If you can read, you can understand 100% that the majority of posters at some point post complete exaggerations of themselves and their living situations.

I don't need to go back and dig these examples out for you do I? Because you probably read them 1000 times.

The post is asking if everyone is so set and happy in their life, what is need for all these exaggerations?

Any ideas?

• Confused 1

My goodness, what a bitter post.  Perhaps the problem is not with lies, its with forums.  Maybe they just attract people with personal  issues?  Or maybe its the company the OP keeps.  hang around in bars anywhere in LOS and you are unlikely to meet 'regular individuals' . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If you have nothing to hide, tell the truth. Stick to the post. Don't make it personal.

You've made it personal, slagging virtually any expat who chose to live here.

I've always told the truth.

I came here when my career path came to a halt and decided on teaching English, derided by you in your OP.

I'm happier here and I'll stay as long as that is the case.

Yet you've chosen to insult me and many others doing the same.

You came to Thailand unhappy with your home life, were unhappy and miserable in Thailand, returned home where you will be perpetually bitter and unhappy.

I'm sorry for you sad judgmental state of mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

First. Learn how to read.

Then tell us what category you are in or are you hiding from your own truth?

Do you have any clue what the post is about?

If you can read, you can understand 100% that the majority of posters at some point post complete exaggerations of themselves and their living situations.

I don't need to go back and dig these examples out for you do I? Because you probably read them 1000 times.

The post is asking if everyone is so set and happy in their life, what is need for all these exaggerations?

Any ideas?

You made categories expressing virtually anyone living here and then made derogatory comments about each category. Don't accuse me of no reading comprehension from a rambling, incoherent post.

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You've made it personal, slagging virtually any expat who chose to live here.

I've always told the truth.

I came here when my career path came to a halt and decided on teaching English, derided by you in your OP.

I'm happier here and I'll stay as long as that is the case.

Yet you've chosen to insult me and many others doing the same.

You came to Thailand unhappy with your home life, were unhappy and miserable in Thailand, returned home where you will be perpetually bitter and unhappy.

I'm sorry for you sad judgmental state of mind.

Sorry friend, I came to Thailand when my company sent me over there.

Then I decided to return to Corporate America where I am making a killing and living large with all the benefits, kid going to Uni of Florida, you name it.

If I ever wanted to retire to Thailand when I hit that age, which I don't, I sure as heck wouldn't be teaching English.

Why? Because I am smart enough to plan, plan, plan and then plan some more.

If you grew up dreaming of teaching English in Thailand, good for you. Somehow that doesn't seem to be the case.

Desperation maybe. Retirement?

There is a story somewhere how that happened to you.

Edited by bwpage3

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

My goodness, what a bitter post.  Perhaps the problem is not with lies, its with forums.  Maybe they just attract people with personal  issues?  Or maybe its the company the OP keeps.  hang around in bars anywhere in LOS and you are unlikely to meet 'regular individuals' . 

Huh? Hang around in Bars?

You are helping me make the point.

Move 10,000 miles to live in a bottle and make up stories!

It's true, we all know it.

The question is with all the Thai happiness, why all the made up stories?

Not bitter, trying to get some logical answers.

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

Sorry friend, I came to Thailand when my company sent me over there.

Then I decided to return to Corporate America where I am making a killing and living large with all the benefits, kid going to Uni of Florida, you name it.

If I ever wanted to retire to Thailand when I hit that age, which I don't, I sure as heck wouldn't be teaching English.

Why? Because I am smart enough to plan, plan, plan and then plan some more.

If you grew up dreaming of teaching English in Thailand, good for you. Somehow that doesn't seem to be the case.

Desperation maybe. Retirement?

So you accuse people of being SS, billionaires, etc and now now you're making a killing? Same BS

I never grew up dreaming of teaching in Thailand. It suits me now and there is nothing wrong that. You're a bitter, twisted kind of person who needs to snipe at others to feel superior

Get over yourself.

Just now, bwpage3 said:

Huh? Hang around in Bars?

You are helping me make the point.

Move 10,000 miles to live in a bottle and make up stories!

It's true, we all know it.

The question is with all the Thai happiness, why all the made up stories?

Not bitter, trying to get some logical answers.

There  isn't a logical answer.  Some  farangs in LOS are just dick heads,  sad cases without hope or a life worth recalling;  end of.   Just stay well clear and they won't bother you. 

Just now, duanebigsby said:

So you accuse people of being SS, billionaires, etc and now now you're making a killing? Same BS

I never grew up dreaming of teaching in Thailand. It suits me now and there is nothing wrong that. You're a bitter, twisted kind of person who needs to snipe at others to feel superior

Get over yourself.

Once again learn how to read.

I stated people telling stories they are SS, millionaires etc.

Never accused anyone, simply mentioned all the people telling these stories here on TV.

Corporate America pays a little more than a Thai school teacher. Sorry I didn't make the pay scales!

Not bitter at all, I am bringing out the bitterness in posters that have a hard time facing or telling the truth.

Look at all the bitter posts already?

How words simply incite feelings to those that never seem to tell the truth.

I for one am not bitter. However, getting to the truth some times can be a bitter experience