Savanakhet visa question

Hey,

My passport if from a country that has not to pay the 30$ visa fee for laos, but i wonder if this is valid as well if you enter by land?!

Secondly can please someone tell me the best way we shall use to fly and ride from bangkok as my future wife is 5 months pregnant we would like to avoid too much delays on route.

And is multi non o still give  out if  no finance proof is done?

And how much i can get out of 1 multi non o?

Thanks

The Lao visa exempt entry is by air or land.

Nok Air has the most options for the fly/ride service to Mukdahan. https://content.nokair.com/en/Booking/Where-we-fly/Flight-Service/Fly-n-Ride/Mukdahan

Air Asia also offers it via Nakhon Phanom.

No financial proof is asked for.

You can get almost 17 months of total stay from the visa if you do an entry on or shortly before the visa expires and get a 60 day extension to visit your of that last 90 day entry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dreckenfousnoll said:

thank you ubonjoe!

Will nokair pick us up @ the airport or how does it work the website itself does not really explain how it works

The bus will be waiting for you when your arrive at the airport. They will drop you off and pick up at the Ploy palace hotel in Mukdahan (shown at bottom of the page). If connecting via Sakon Nakhon or Nakon Phnom they will drop you at the bridge if you ask them to.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If connecting via Sakon Nakhon or Nakon Phnom they will drop you at the bridge if you ask them to.

And in case of flying in via Ubon Ratchathani, the van will go to Ploy Palace Hotel first, but you can ask the driver to take you to the bridge afterwards for an extra 200 baht.

I'm curious about on thing in the OP, "future wife". How would one qualify for that Multi Entry Non-O Visa without being married first?

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I'm curious about on thing in the OP, "future wife". How would one qualify for that Multi Entry Non-O Visa without being married first?

Nowadays, that is clearly not possible. Still technically in the rules, and once really possible, were what were referred to as "social visa". These were Non O visas to visit family and friends. At many consulates, saying you had a serious girlfriend was quite sufficient to get you a one-year multiple entry Non O. Those were the days ...

2 hours ago, Dreckenfousnoll said:

Future because we only married today lol

Many congratulations! It is perhaps a sign of the times that you are online on your wedding day. There was a time when guys would have had other things on their mind ?

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Many congratulations! It is perhaps a sign of the times that you are online on your wedding day. There was a time when guys would have had other things on their mind ?

Totally off topic,

I remember watching 'Come Dancing' on the evening of my (first) wedding day.

Wedding in the morning, reception in the afternoon, drive to a rural house in the country, and bang her for a couple of hours, by 8pm was watching TV, nothing else to do.

Edited by BritManToo

On 7/31/2018 at 7:26 PM, Dreckenfousnoll said:

thank you ubonjoe!

Will nokair pick us up @ the airport or how does it work the website itself does not really explain how it works

I made many times the trip, it will be cheaper (for my personal experience) fly to Ubon Ratchatani (from Don Muang), from the airport a taxi meter to the bus station is 80THB and then the bus to Mukdahan is 130THB, minibus 111THB. If you don't want harassment go for Nok Air, if you want to save on the budget do it yourself.