Bangkok Bank: How to withdraw big amounts?

Just now, khunPer said:

You can pay with your plastic card at a hospital's cashier, if the card is open for payment – just like when using a normal Master Card, and Visa card, and like – I talk from experience. Check with your bank, issuing your plastic card, what you're allowed to pay.

Best to check with the hospital as well.  I think virtually almost all private hospitals in TH are going to accept VISA or MC cards for payment. But I've run into some government hospitals, even in BKK, that will not accept card payments for certain things.

And if you want to use a debit card, obviously, you need to make sure you have enough balance in the related checking account to cover the bill, and that the bill does not exceed the daily Point of Sale purchase limit on your card.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

But I've run into some government hospitals, even in BKK, that will not accept card payments for certain things.

Understandable. Govt hospitals appear to have a negative profit margin, and are thus subsidized by the Govt. Why in the world would they add to their costs by paying plastic card interchange fees.....