High-profile men arrested for alleged paid sex with males under 18

snoop1130

High-profile men arrested for alleged paid sex with males under 18

By The Nation

A famous Thai university lecturer and a “high-society” man have been arrested for allegedly buying sex services from males under 18, a source at the Royal Thai Police’s Anti Trafficking in Persons Division (ATPD) said on Wednesday.

A police probe concluded that the two men – who say they are innocent - were among some 200 members of a Line group chat targeting those who wanted sex with boys and would buy sex services arranged by a middleman who also worked as a convenience store employee.

Following their investigation that confirmed that boys were being solicited, APTD officers applied for arrest warrants for 6-7 suspects, including someone the police are labelling a “high-society” man, over charges of allegedly buying sex services from males under 18.

As well, the unnamed store employee faces charges of alleged human trafficking, the source said.

The university lecturer was allegedly later implicated as a customer, leading to issuance of an arrest warrant and his arrest on Wednesday.

ATPD officers are to host a press conference on Thursday to discuss both arrests at its head office in the government complex on Chaeng Wattana Road.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351235

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-8-1

50 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Teenagers are not legally allowed to consent to sex. Especially when the person that is buying them, is in a position of power and twice their age or more. A person like that is called a pedophile or child sex abuser and in some cases it's considered statutory rape. A teenager should never be given the choice by an adult to consent to sex, because though the teenager might not realise that laws are being broken, the adult knows well. The legal age in this country is 18 years old. Teachers and educators should not have sex or covet sex with their students. 

I hope they blow this wide open. ? oops.

Name and shame. 

Stop the priests and teachers. 

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am questioning the laws here regarding ages of consent and the nonsense that a male can have sex with a female minor at 15 if the parents agree. It is just wrong and if they are going to leave that loophole in there to satisfy their male lust then it should be the same across the board.

Otherwise the law needs to be changed and a girl at 15 should not be allowed to be in a sexual relationship with an older male just because they have given their permission. In all of these cases, money does change hands in the form of an outdated dowry.

22 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

Not you, but it is always interesting when this topic comes up how some want to make excuses for others sick/disgusting behavior. Sex with children has got to be the worst..

I do not condone underage sex, let's be clear about that. However, when a female minor has sex with an older male, money does change hands in the form of a dowry. I have seen it at least 2 times in my village.

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Nonsense, payment is always involved in the form of a dowry. Give it a fancy name but it is still payment for sex.

We are not talking about getting married .

What I said isnt nonsense .

Parents can allow their 15-18 year olds to be in a relationship , although if any money changes hands , the Child prostitution laws supersede the parental consent laws .

10 minutes ago, thequietman said:

I do not condone underage sex, let's be clear about that. However, when a female minor has sex with an older male, money does change hands in the form of a dowry. I have seen it at least 2 times in my village.

Dowry money is paid to the parents for their daughter to get married .

Dowry money isnt paid to have sex with their daughter .

(Sex probably will happened during the marriage , but the dowry money is paid for the marriage)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Oh please! A 45 year old Thai male want's to marry a 15 year old because he loves her? It's money for sex all wrapped up in a nonsense village wedding that he can walk away from when he tires of his new bride. 

If you think otherwise, then you are just lying to yourself or are very naive. 

I have no idea who the people are in your story .

Dowry money is paid for marriage , dowry money isnt a payment for sex .

18 years old is the legal age for marriage BTW

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am questioning the laws here regarding ages of consent and the nonsense that a male can have sex with a female minor at 15 if the parents agree. It is just wrong and if they are going to leave that loophole in there to satisfy their male lust then it should be the same across the board.

Otherwise the law needs to be changed and a girl at 15 should not be allowed to be in a sexual relationship with an older male just because they have given their permission. In all of these cases, money does change hands in the form of an outdated dowry.

I can understand the reasoning behind the law .

If two 17 year olds were in a relationship , they could both be charged for sex crimes .

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have no idea who the people are in your story .

Dowry money is paid for marriage , dowry money isnt a payment for sex .

18 years old is the legal age for marriage BTW

What's legal and what occurs in this lawless country are 2 separate things.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Oh please! A 45 year old Thai male want's to marry a 15 year old because he loves her? It's money for sex all wrapped up in a nonsense village wedding that he can walk away from when he tires of his new bride. 

If you think otherwise, then you are just lying to yourself or are very naive. 

But in fact there's a twist in the law that you should be aware of before you go chatting with parents. 

The girl or the parents can withdraw their consent and file a complaint at any time. As happened to a 17 year old boy living with a 15 to 16 year old girl. They broke up and she filed a complaint of sex with a minor. 

So, I have well warned my son about this law. 

It pays to read between the lines and not between the sheets. 

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

But in fact there's a twist in the law that you should be aware of before you go chatting with parents. 

The girl or the parents can withdraw their consent and file a complaint at any time. As happened to a 17 year old boy living with a 15 to 16 year old girl. They broke up and she filed a complaint of sex with a minor. 

So, I have well warned my son about this law. 

It pays to read between the lines and not between the sheets. 

Yes, similar happened in my village. They had sex, she withdrew her permission and he was going to be charged with sex with a minor and even rape was mentioned..

The negotiations started and his family had to pay 400,000 baht to the offended girl. A woman scorned and all that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Hurt who with what "a lot". ?

His bottom would hurt scottie 

As the boys bottoms probably hurt when that university lecturer stuck his paid for member in the back door. 

This is no laughing matter. I'm just hoping they name and shame this guy .