Khao Sarn vendors defy enforcement of hawking ban

snoop1130

Welcome to the New and Improved Kaowsan Road.   ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ZZzzzzzzzz ?

I wonder what iconic destination is on the junta's agenda to destroy next that gives Thailand its uniqueness. 

imageproxy_php.png.527215e870ae9880e6745ecf95aab776.png

23 hours ago, gaff said:

All these street food sellers deserve to go back to their rice farm because they are just too dirty people for any city ! Buy a proper food truck and you will be welcomed back !

Ae you for real?  

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, gaff said:

All these street food sellers deserve to go back to their rice farm because they are just too dirty people for any city ! Buy a proper food truck and you will be welcomed back !

I don't think there is any sarcasm in this remark, so that just makes you a racist snob.

And the worst racist snob I've read on here for sometime.

My suggestion - GFY.

7 hours ago, connda said:

Welcome to the New and Improved Kaowsan Road.   ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz ZZzzzzzzzz ?

I wonder what iconic destination is on the junta's agenda to destroy next that gives Thailand its uniqueness. 

imageproxy_php.png.527215e870ae9880e6745ecf95aab776.png

Chinatown is next up for the 'change' 

Many people replying to this topic do not know enough about the situation at Khao San.  Maybe they have not been here.

I have reason to be here 6 days a week.  I am continually annoyed by the motor cycles/cars/ tuk tuks and taxis beeping me out of the way on the road.  Obviously I cannot walk on the footpath.

Tuk tuks wait expectantly at the Burger King end waiting for unsuspecting tourists. Food stalls are positioned  anywhere on the street.  Impossible to walk in a straight line. 

Laughing gas is sold openly.  

The answer?...Make it a Walking street and register all vendors with a license that can be shown at any time to an official if he has the nerve to ask. This license would also be connected to a tax I.D.  All stalls would be marked out on the road (they are marked out already).  Prohibit vehicles after 4pm;  a strong barrier at both ends, especially in the case of terrorists driving a vehicle down the street.  No vehicles allowed to loiter after 4pm on the street.

There is a large vacant area on Ratchdomnoen road that can accomodate the vendors..   A cut through from KS to Ratchdomnoen exists already.  Therefore a 2 minute walk to the market with maybe music, stalls etc can be set up.

I know too much.

2 hours ago, BangkokTony said:

Many people replying to this topic do not know enough about the situation at Khao San.  Maybe they have not been here.

I have reason to be here 6 days a week.  I am continually annoyed by the motor cycles/cars/ tuk tuks and taxis beeping me out of the way on the road.  Obviously I cannot walk on the footpath.

Tuk tuks wait expectantly at the Burger King end waiting for unsuspecting tourists. Food stalls are positioned  anywhere on the street.  Impossible to walk in a straight line. 

Laughing gas is sold openly.  

The answer?...Make it a Walking street and register all vendors with a license that can be shown at any time to an official if he has the nerve to ask. This license would also be connected to a tax I.D.  All stalls would be marked out on the road (they are marked out already).  Prohibit vehicles after 4pm;  a strong barrier at both ends, especially in the case of terrorists driving a vehicle down the street.  No vehicles allowed to loiter after 4pm on the street.

There is a large vacant area on Ratchdomnoen road that can accomodate the vendors..   A cut through from KS to Ratchdomnoen exists already.  Therefore a 2 minute walk to the market with maybe music, stalls etc can be set up.

I know too much.

The problem is they won't do this. They will just ban everything, like they did in Sukhumvit. 

19 minutes ago, JennaBurrows said:

The problem is they won't do this. They will just ban everything, like they did in Sukhumvit. 

There is not middle solution in Thailand, it doesn't work, local are either too stupid or stubborn.

it's like road safety, until any drunk driver is sent 1 month to jail right away without discussion, they won't stop.

44 minutes ago, gaff said:

There is not middle solution in Thailand, it doesn't work, local are either too stupid or stubborn.

it's like road safety, until any drunk driver is sent 1 month to jail right away without discussion, they won't stop.

Bunch of vendors selling some street food, is a tad different to drink driving .  

Archived