Small Car/Grab Mobile

naboo

I have a 5 year old daughter and now have sufficient funds to buy some wheels for the wife to drive her around in - we already have a Ford Ranger, but I need it for work and my wife really can't drive it.

We went to Suzuki today and looked at the Celerio - we were offered 410,000B for the base automatic model (36k off) with free insurance etc etc. My wife has demonstrated an interest in driving for Grab, so we could kill two birds with one stone with the Swift which was the same deal on the base auto model (there are now only auto models) but only 20k discount at 479,000B. It seems to me the Swift is worth the extra 69k in terms of its quality and with the bonus of being acceppted by Grab.

Looking at the other Grab options, there are the Honda Brio, Mazda 2, Mitsubishi Mirage and Chevrolet Sonic as alternatives. My fundamental objective is to provide a vehicle my wife can use to ferry my daughter around in for the next 13 years, and I'd really like to keep it as cheap as possible, but giving my wife the ability to earn some cash self employed as a Grab driver is quite appealing.. What advice does the forum have on the alternatives listed compared to the Swift, and is the Swift going to last 13 years if well maintained?

(Looked at the 2nd hand market - I'm buying for the long term as I did with the Ranger. Second hand prices don't appeal at all when I want something to lat 13 years.)