Apple Maps on Apple Car Play now available

Wiggy

Hi,

I rarely connect my iPhone to Apple Car Play, but last night whilst driving home I noticed that Apple maps is now functioning on my Honda Civic. It was never there before due to some regulation for Thailand (apparently), but is now working normally. I just thought I'd share it.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

great.

Carplay is suppose to include google map in your carplay in the next IOS release next month. I would appreciate an update when you notice Waze or google map. Thanks

Yes, hopefully. I'll update as/when it happens. Cheers.

Getting built in navigation for our Civic was the worst ฿100K I ever spent. The hardware is crap, takes forever before it’s ready and has almost no poi’s. 

I can sit it the the parking lot of a 10 year old McDonalds in Ubon and search for McDonald’s and will tell me the closest one is in Bangkok. 

Any idea which models or years will support Apple CarPlay?

On 9/1/2018 at 8:30 PM, Guitar God said:

Getting built in navigation for our Civic was the worst ฿100K I ever spent. The hardware is crap, takes forever before it’s ready and has almost no poi’s. 

I can sit it the the parking lot of a 10 year old McDonalds in Ubon and search for McDonald’s and will tell me the closest one is in Bangkok. 

Any idea which models or years will support Apple CarPlay?

Mine is a 2016 Civic RS. It has CarPlay. It didn't when I bought it hence my post. 

On 9/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, Sumarianson said:

I have a brand new top model HRV RS and have no Android auto nor Apple Carplay. I am so mad as I was told that the car would have maps. I hate Honda.

You should hate whoever told you. Honda's website shows that the Civic does have CarPlay, the HRV doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived