Brits, French among 61 foreigners arrested for overstay in Thailand

webfact

24 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Sparrow's brain they did cross the border absentmindedly, a little understanding toward them please! 

You have misjudged him 5555555

You need to read much earlier threads on Big Jokes activities to understand

I believe I did read an earlier post in this thread which gave a pointer unless I am mistaken

Thais being honest with their numbers at last or have they finally learnt to count. Only 73 out of a target of 75. Should congratulate the officer on his maths skills. Nearly as educated as the Prime Minister. In 12 years I have never been stopped in Thailand. Two years ago I got lost in Kiev in the Ukraine and asked a couple of policemen the way. They immediately wanted to check my passport, which was OK. Then they offered me a lift back to my hotel. A much better service than Uber and it was free.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lampang2 said:

oh, really ?

I thought it was a dam.

It's also a washing machine.  I
Could never understand why my UK neighbours always referred to cleaning their pool as 'Hoovering".

With a washing machine??

19 hours ago, Chassa said:

In the UK it's a damn vacuum cleaner.

Everyone is not in the UK, for which I am sure many are grateful. " . . . Many things are called by the wrong name but everyone understands. e.g. Hoover is a vacuum cleaner!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THE REVERAND said:

Amazing there are people over staying. What about the rich and famous who slipping out (maybe under staying)  

Understaying is an understatement as far as you know who with his dented Italian sports car.  Must keep giving him priority posting.

1 hour ago, masuk said:

It's also a washing machine.  I
Could never understand why my UK neighbours always referred to cleaning their pool as 'Hoovering".

With a washing machine??

It's also a former president of the US and a former FBI director, but I thought it was a slang term for a girl who gave oral sex.

What a horrific crime!

An old man and other great apes crossed an imaginary line drawn by two armed gangs of other great apes in brown shirts, AND STAYED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE IMAGINARY LINE WITHOUT PAYING TO ONE OF THE BROWN-SHIRT GANGS FOR MORE THAN 1000 REVOLUTIONS OF THIS PLANET!!!

This is an outrage! Only stray dogs, and other lesser animals or apes should be allowed to cross imaginary lines throughout the jungles without permission or consequences!

The apes of the sheeple species, simply cannot be allowed to cross imaginary lines without paying brown-shirted sheeple apes for it!

The dangerous consequences of such unspeakable crimes are simply too great to contemplate!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JTXR said:

I've got no sympathy for those arrested and deported.  Easy enough to play by the rules.  Those that don't give other foreigners a bad name.  Good riddance.

Indeed

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Is it the tourist police's job to round up overstayers?

Thought it may be to look after the welfare of tourists and deal with crimes committed against tourists.

Silly me.

Taking illegals out of the tourist swamp does benefit the welfare of legal tourists--and remember, even those of us with long-term visas are no better than tourists.