Phuket governor reiterates unregistered croc warning

webfact

Phuket governor reiterates unregistered croc warning

By The Phuket News

1533280500_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong has reiterated his warning against unregistered crocodiles in Phuket. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Still strong in his belief that the crocodile caught last Sunday (July 29) near the rocks off Koh Kata, just offshore from Layan Beach, is an escaped crocodile, the Phuket Governor has again warned crocodile owners in Phuket to register their unregistered crocodiles at the Phuket Fisheries Office within August 10.

Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong said that Phuket has announced to crocodile owners in Phuket to register their unregistered crocodiles at Phuket Fisheries Office within August 10 or face penalties under sections 19 and 49 of the Wildlife Preservation and Protection Act B.E.2535.

If the owners do not register their crocodile, they will be fined up to B10,000 or face one year in jail, or both, if they are caught.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-reiterates-unregistered-croc-warning-68112.php#jb18XGfdBGhjAffL.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-08-03

Hmmm...shouldn't ownership of such dangerous animals be illegal unless it's a regulated and official croc farm, rather than some vague register that is so weak and impotent that no-one bothers with it? Come on! Gordon Bennett Thailand, and you lamely try to appeal to these owners' (who are contemptuous of everything) better nature by requesting they do the right thing and tell you have  man-eating beasts just hanging out in their lives/homes etc...what could go wrong? Can I swing by the local pet dealer and bag myself a lion or tiger to make me look chic...I could go on but won't. 

• Like 1