Has this happened to you?

27 minutes ago, timendres said:

Wrong example. No comparison.

Thai girl dump farang, farang dump Thai girl. Indeed no comparison!

No.1 rare and shocking, No. 2 standard procedure.

Edited by bermannor
Addition

10 hours ago, Daveyh said:

She has definitely moved on ....... you should do the same. Don't dwell on it .......... no point. She's found something else that just might be better than what she had ............. Thai thinking is their family & what she can do to improve her quality of life. It's always money, money & money ............ which is of course "survival" here. My view? ............... relationships are for fools here. The women are beautiful & enjoy your stay here ................. "pay as you go" ......... you'll be a lot happier! Good luck & happy hunting eh?

Mr Daveyh or whatever your name is your probably the most sensible reply. The moment the tires of the aircraft you are traveling in touched down on the runway in Bangkok the game begins. It's just like a computer simulation my friend.

All these farangs started the game without reading the rules no wonder they got into troubles.

I m going to write a guide book called  "How to play the Simulation Game in Thailand for the recently arrived Farang".Or perhaps a better title for the guide book should be "In Siam Nothing is Real."

The moment you become aware that it is all not real you got a big relief. You then start to enjoy life like what Mr Daveyh said in his enlightening comments.

• Like 1

...it never 'was'....

...so after she made all calculations....the decision was clear....

...do you really think you ever were 'the only one'....???

...move on...and hope she didn't cost you too much....

7 minutes ago, madusa said:

Mr Daveyh or whatever your name is your probably the most sensible reply. The moment the tires of the aircraft you are traveling in touched down on the runway in Bangkok the game begins. It's just like a computer simulation my friend.

All these farangs started the game without reading the rules no wonder they got into troubles.

I m going to write a guide book called  "How to play the Simulation Game in Thailand for the recently arrived Farang".Or perhaps a better title for the guide book should be "In Siam Nothing is Real."

The moment you become aware that it is all not real you got a big relief. You then start to enjoy life like what Mr Daveyh said in his enlightening comments.

7 minutes ago, madusa said:

Don’t worry about the book it’s been done to death. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, madusa said:

I think I can add some to a few chapters.  I think a modern book with modern tools is needed.  Those older books were written before dating sites matured and the line and FB.   Before these Thai gals networked so much.  I do think the book needs to start 2 months before wheels down. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Haha 1

its time for the LIST!!

Her parents

Her self time   Per request i'm including Phone time... actually the phone is always present... but so is mine.

Food

GOLD

Her friends

Her family Dog

Family Buffalo  per request i add this.

IF she has a cat dump her already

Her work

Her coworkers

Her FB

And finally you and don't forget the support! I mean love

Edited by Elkski
insert gold somewhere above the dog.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Elkski said:

its time for the LIST!!

Her parents

Her self

Food

Her time

Her friends

Her family Dog

IF she has a cat dump her already

Her work

Her coworkers

Her FB

And finally you and don't forget the support! I mean love

You forgot the waterbuffalo!

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, maccastime said:

I retired in 2011 relocated to los.with a Thai lady that I met in Aus lived in aus for 13 years.after 1 year in Thailand and her heading off to hundreds of temples. I did a few with her but not as many as her. She meets a Thai lad. So after catching her out. Booked her on a one way ticket back to Australia.stayed alone for 6 months. Then met a lovely Thai lady we got on extra well. Then late 2016 she has a bleed on the brain never really recoved. Sadly she passed away in January this year.i think about her a lot. So sad but life can be so cruel. 

That is sad. Life can be cruel but try to be positive and you can meet another partner - there are many out there.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2018 at 12:17 AM, Byron Allen Black said:

Without intending to hijack the thread (because I have been accused of same previously, on more than one occasion) I have to state that personal or professional loyalty does not seem to be a strong point among the Thais - even educated, upper-class ones.

I worked for two and a half years at Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University when I was suddenly advised, with two weeks' notice, that my services were no longer required (1986). 

I composed a reply to the relevant Committee, pointing out that they had offered me a professional position, having brought me down from Japan, and that such a peremptory dismissal was not an accepted professional way to deal with foreign staff.

This apparently hit a nerve because they gave me a six-month extension of the contract, to arrange further moves and employment. I found that none of the contacts I had cultivated were interested in helping me find another professional position in Thailand (including the academic who had first arranged for my hiring) even though there had been no issue or problem during my stay there.

My conclusion was that your employment is anything but secure, above and beyond what is stipulated in your contract. 'Out of sight - out of mind' seems to be the attitude of Thai associates, even those with whom one has closely worked and shared personally. I was accustomed to the kind of support you receive when working in Japan (admittedly, the other extreme) but was amazed at the frivolous attitude I encountered among those I knew and trusted.

Just sharing some experience that might be relevant. Just because an organization can use you, do not assume they have any lasting interest in your welfare.

You're a professional hijacker aren't you.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:26 PM, nickmondo said:

WELCOME TO THAILAND MATE!!!

Would not have a serious relationship with a Thai woman for all the tea in China.

Enjoy, get bored, move on, NEXT.

Thats my advice.

I know the happily married ones on here will disagree.

I dont really care.

If a relationship is only based on sex then yes, I understand why you get bored and move on. If you ever meet a woman and fall in love, you may find it doesn't get boring.

• Like 2