Xiaomi MI A2 mobile now available on lazada ? any feedback ?

gaff

hello,

anybody got the xiaomi mi A2 already ?

7490 thb on lazada for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Ram4/Rom32GB จอ5.99นิ้ว Android One

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-a2-ram4rom32gb-599-android-one-i247884014-s381705804.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.9.3adb79f8nq1rI6&search=1

Do you know if the screen quality is as poor as the A1 or is it better ? so many reports online of broken screen at the first shock, which I think doesn't happen with Samsung phones.

But I cannot stand anymore all the $hite samsung bloatwares pre-installed on all phones, and I only want an android one (any other choice ?)

thank you for feedbacks.

Use this link, comes with freebies and has reviews from Thai's. I personally think Xiaomi are now one of the up and coming market force's, a bit like Hyundai in the motor market. They are scaring the big name with equal quality products but way cheaper price. I've got a dash cam by them and its awesome quality and i'd definitely get this phone :-

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-mi-a2-432gb-13-1-i221750350-s350816078.html?spm=a2o4m.pdp.recommendation_2.5.27f8353bENqrLV&mp=1&scm=1007.16389.99110.0&clickTrackInfo=61b9e368-e88a-474a-b037-c645336225cc__221750350__3973__1

• Like 1

According to published specs, the screens look similar (technology, nits, ppi); with the A2's being a tad larger (1080x2160, 18:9 vs. 1080x1920, 16x9).

If you are in Bangkok the obvious solution is to trundle down to the Mi Shop where you can compare them side by side.

They look similar to me, the A2 feels quite thin, so the battery is probably a bit on the small side for a 6 incher?

It had 8.1 with the August security patch.

IMG_20180805_110228.jpg

IMG_20180805_110240.jpg

IMG_20180805_110223.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, car720 said:

I have got a Xiaomi Max 2 which is the best thing since sliced bread and only cost me 2000 rmb.

I got the same 5 months ago after doing due diligence, searching.  I am knowledgeable in technology and had Google phone, apple phone, Samsung phone before.  if Xiaomi continue doing same great job.  I will never buy any other brand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 12:08 AM, gaff said:

Xiaomi have stores in Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc.... you got warranty if you buy from Xiaomi official store in Lazada.  visit their website to find the stores location

Edited by Petchou

9 minutes ago, Petchou said:

Xiaomi have stores in Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc.... you got warranty if you buy from Xiaomi official store in Lazada.  

No, other sellers on lazada also have warranty for most xiaomi phones. I would not buy from xiomi directly as they are more expensive than most other Thai sellers.

Only Mi Max 2 has no warranty on lazada, maybe too old phone, the max 3 is coming.

2 hours ago, gaff said:

other sellers on lazada also have warranty for most xiaomi phones.

They certainly "say" they offer a "warranty".

You won't really know the details until you read the enclosed warranty card. If the phone is from another country, like India, then you may have to fly to India for warranty service.

I guess you could ask them for details, and then decide if purchasing from that seller is wise? There is often a reason why an official retail channel is more expensive.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Petchou said:

I got the same 5 months ago after doing due diligence, searching.  I am knowledgeable in technology and had Google phone, apple phone, Samsung phone before.  if Xiaomi continue doing same great job.  I will never buy any other brand.  

Install WeChat and see what really can be done with a phone.

4 hours ago, car720 said:

Install WeChat and see what really can be done with a phone.

I have it installed.  there is nothing special happening.  it behave the same way when I had it installed on other phones.  can you elaborate?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Petchou said:

I have it installed.  there is nothing special happening.  it behave the same way when I had it installed on other phones.  can you elaborate?

Just pointing out the versatility of Chinese software as well as hardware.

• Haha 1

My A1 has performed very well and has survived a drop!

Xiaomi are producing good value reasonable spec kit including dash cams, routers, fitness tech etc.

Their TV's look nice as well and hopefully will become available here.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Yeah, that's a big problem. Just the other day I tried it by throwing both my Samsung and Xiaomi out of the window. And what shall I say..... Both are broken. 

So I recommend to buy another brand 

Since when have phone been for driving at a brick wall like a motor car?

• Haha 1