670,000 Chinese cancel trips to Thailand after Phuket boat tragedy

rooster59

Today 670'000 less Chinese to spend and poo all over.....tomorrow it will be a million foreigners/expats from other nations who will get word and fedup of all the hassles, dirty beaches, overcharging, taxi cheats etc...and will spend their money in another country......

• Like 1

Suspect the only people that will miss them will be those money grabbers that are putting lives in danger and the TAT officials that are investing so much energy in telling the world that the tourism industry is a juggernaut that can't be stopped.

6 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I find it really hard to believe that each Chinese tourist spends an average of $1500 in Thailand. The only places I have ever seen them in hordes is out shopping or being ferried about by their tour group leader.

ย 

You don't see them out boozing, you don't see them out eating in restaurants, even on recent visits to Phuket they just seem to be chilling in the hotel 24/7.

ย 

It would be very interesting to see where their money is actually spent in Thailand.ย 

You need to look in the duty free shops...ย 

are we sure there are no other factors at play here?ย  d we really believe nearly a million chinese would cancel their vacation plans to thailand because of a boating accident?

ย 

china isn't exactly recognized as a land of health and safety.ย  i'd like to hear how outbound tourism to other destinations has held up over the same time frame.

ย 

could have something to do with the chinese stock market dropping 30% or more year to date, along with dropping rmb and more trump trade wars coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

No you got it all wrong. Thais are never wrong, you are wrong for thinking ๏ปฟa Thai can be wrong.

Reminds me of Christopher Walken in "Joe Dirt":

ย 

โ€œYouโ€™re talking to me all wrongโ€ฆ Itโ€™s the wrong tone. You do it again and Iโ€™ll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!โ€

Edited by Damrongsak

sounds like all the people actually living here and spending real money on a daily basis are very happy about this news...

ย 

so the loss of 22 some odd people results in the loss of over 600,000

hmmm

interesting trade off