Best English Breakfast

stament

It's been a while since we've had one of these threads and the I've I found was closed so here we go again... 

My boys like English breakfast from time to time. For me Riverside expat buffet is the best by far but that's only twice a month and on a Friday so I can't take the boys there unless it's school holidays.

Sausage King quite often mentioned is agreeable and they have pancakes which one of my boys like but that's a bit of a trek for us.

Any other worthy contenders? Recently went to bake and better which was ok but looking for something better..... ?

55 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Interesting that I can't seem to quote the OP.  Doesn't he mean the twice a month, Friday morning buffet at River Market restaurant?  I don't know of one at Riverside restaurant.

Yes that one, apologies River Market not Riverside 

4 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

No disrespect intended, just an idea.

Does the OP not think that cooking for his own boys, along with them helping (laying a table, buttering bread etc) and watching him prepare their own breakfast is a good idea and family bonding session?

I aint no cook, but even I can knock up a half decent English breakfast for the missus and kids once in a while.

Yep....always do my own and have never bought one anywhere else better.

Make my own sausage patties ( don't like the processed sausages as much ) and hash browns and have it down to a fine art. Wifey has the bug and although she has an early Thai breakfast with her elderly mum she gets me to make her one for lunch !

Even visiting friends say it is the best they have had recently. It's got so that I really enjoy cooking it and am usually disappointed if, on occasion , I have it elsewhere.

Just a pity I can't get champignon mushrooms in the boonies.

• Like 1

The best all-round value is Mad Dog. Day in, day out quality consistency, at a price you can't beat. Try their Super at 145 baht.You get, bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, tomato, home fries.  Includes fresh orange juice, tea or coffee, and two slices of wholemeal toast with butter and marmalade. 

River market is way too expensive, albeit if you can eat tons then go for it. Archers don't skimp on quality, and the ones around UN Irish are all good, but higher prices for the same deal as above. As are others.

• Like 1

If you don't mind going out of the city, there's an extraordinary place called The Chiangmai Cream Tea House out in the middle of nowhere, but only one km. from Tiger Kingdom.  It sells English breakfasts that taste exactly like the best ones you can find in England, as well as other yummies like cream teas (as the name suggests!). It's a real find. Pictures here https://www.facebook.com/TheChiangmaiCreamTeaHouse/

Edited by jrmaanda
misspelling

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No disrespect intended, just an idea.

Does the OP not think that cooking for his own boys, along with them helping (laying a table, buttering bread etc) and watching him prepare their own breakfast is a good idea and family bonding session?

I aint no cook, but even I can knock up a half decent English breakfast for the missus and kids once in a while.

No offence, I can cook and do so sometimes but when I am on holiday I prefer not to. 

• Like 2

The River Market breakfasts are held from 9:00am till 11:00am on the first and 3rd Friday’s of every month. The cost is 300 Baht for non members and 250 Baht for members of the ex-pat club. Membership cost is 1000 Baht but not required to attend and enjoy a wonderful breakfast.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jrmaanda said:

If you don't mind going out of the city, there's an extraordinary place called The Chiangmai Cream Tea House out in the middle of nowhere, but only one km. from Tiger Kingdom.  It sells English breakfasts that taste exactly like the best ones you can find in England, as well as other yummies like cream teas (as the name suggests!). It's a real find. Pictures here https://www.facebook.com/TheChiangmaiCreamTeaHouse/

I had seen this place pop up on Facebook earlier in the year but nothing since.  On further investigation it seems they opened on 2 February, then closed down "for the season" on 18 March!!  Reopening "in October".  Seems like a solid business plan!!  Just in case anyone makes a special trip out there.

6 hours ago, thsxtreme said:

I really like Euro Diner & Bar. just down the street from UN Irish Pub

Gets my vote too. Chiang Mai saloon just beside is also a good choice although the staff is a bit slow...

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 1:57 PM, Denim said:

Yep....always do my own and have never bought one anywhere else better.

Make my own sausage patties ( don't like the processed sausages as much ) and hash browns and have it down to a fine art. Wifey has the bug and although she has an early Thai breakfast with her elderly mum she gets me to make her one for lunch !

Even visiting friends say it is the best they have had recently. It's got so that I really enjoy cooking it and am usually disappointed if, on occasion , I have it elsewhere.

Just a pity I can't get champignon mushrooms in the boonies.

Try your local Tesco Lotus, assuming there is one in reasonable distance .  They sell the SPC ( canned mushie's) brand in the Lotus in Sangkha which could be described also as the boonies. Never know, you may be lucky. 

They've got baked beans too!! ( much to the wifes chagrin given the after effects) 

I've been looking for beetroot for quite a while,  nothing in Makro or Big C in Surin. Lo and behold they had it in Lotus Sangkha imported from Germany. My salad or burgers will now be complete. 

Edited by tryasimight

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Try your local Tesco Lotus, assuming there is one in reasonable distance .  They sell the SPC ( canned mushie's) brand in the Lotus in Sangkha which could be described also as the boonies. Never know, you may be lucky. 

They've got baked beans too!! ( much to the wifes chagrin given the after effects) 

I've been looking for beetroot for quite a while,  nothing in Makro or Big C in Surin. Lo and behold they had it in Lotus Sangkha imported from Germany. My salad or burgers will now be complete. 

Yes....I tried the canned mushrooms once but unfortunately didn't like them on account of the brine. Max Value in Bangkok did fantastic button mushrooms and sometimes there would be a glut and you could get two punnets for 19 baht !! Amazing value and delicious.

We have a Tesco and a Big C nearby  ( even in the boonies ) but the new Big C only 3 kilometers away has a better choice of western food than the Tesco 20 k away. Choice of Ayer or Brook beans and absolutely the best baguettes anywhere. On entering just ask them to pop a couple in the oven and 20 minutes later you have a nice warm baguette. Didn't get that service in Bangkok even !

On 8/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, Gruff said:

Not everybodies cup oftea but for breakfast i like Mad Dog

Have to admit, I used to enjoy Mad Dog with some regularity.  And it was darn good and decent value.  But then I started putting on some serious weight, had to cut back.  Haven't been back there in years, but good to know they're still at it.