Phuket Lobster Festival 2018 now underway

webfact

Phuket Lobster Festival 2018 now underway

By The Phuket News

1533530589_1-org.jpg

The third annual Phuket Lobster Festival is now underway and will run until August 31 at over 200 participating restaurants and dining venues across the island. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The third annual Phuket Lobster Festival is now underway and will run until August 31 at over 200 participating restaurants and dining venues across the island.

Details of the Phuket Lobster Festival 2018, organised by Phuket province, Pracharath Rak Samakkee Co Ltd and members of the private sector, announced details of the 2018 event at a press conference held at Central Festival Phuket last Thursday (Aug 2).

In attendance at last Thursday’s press conference were Phuket Vice Governor Snith Sriwihok, Managing Director of Pracharat Raksamackee Co Ltd Veerachai Pranveerapaiboon, Kowit Gao-aian of the Phuket Fisheries Office, Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand (Phuket Office) Kanokkittika Kritwuttikorn and other relevant government agencies.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lobster-festival-2018-now-underway-68142.php#iB05kp4EUowOSEMD.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-08-06

I used to live in New England.  I'm not sure what is in the above picture being passed off as 'lobster'?
This is a lobster:

images.jpeg.12df1edd38601580257277f4ce0d47c2.jpeg

I'll pass on the Phuket Crawdaddy Festival thanks much.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, connda said:

I used to live in New England.  I'm not sure what is in the above picture being passed off as 'lobster'?
This is a lobster:

images.jpeg.12df1edd38601580257277f4ce0d47c2.jpeg

I'll pass on the Phuket Crawdaddy Festival thanks much.  :thumbsup:

Phuket lobsters are overpriced, don't have much taste and don't have the claws, probably the best part. 

Canadian lobster is available in Phuket, it's cheaper, more flavoursome and has more edible meat.

Ridiculous really.

• Like 1

Anyone up for $50 to $100 for a lobster dinner? I stopped eating the lobster here a long time ago. Way overpriced. The best lobster in the world is from South Africa, Australia, and Baja California. Maine lobster is marginal. Ever tried it without butter? There is a reason they drown it in butter. Does not taste like much. The local lobster? 

In Baja you can get absolutely delicious lobster reasonably. Have never tried the Aussie and SA kind. Just heard alot of stories about how amazing they are. Any comments from the peanut gallery?