Annual Road Tax Renewal

Mattd

Couple of quick questions if I may.

My car is coming up for its annual tax renewal, normally I don't do this myself as working daily, this time though I will have an opportunity to go to the DLT office this coming Friday.

Am I right in thinking that you can renew up to one month (perhaps more) before it is actually due? (Mine is due on 24th August)

As the renewal will be at the Pattaya DLT branch and I do not mind paying one of the little shops there a small fee to do the donkey (waiting) work, then can anybody recommend a particular shop, or are they all pretty much the same and what is the going rate for them to do this nowadays?

Car is 4 years old, so just need to take the Blue book, Polobor and cash?

Cheers.

You can definitely renew more than one month in advance. I did mine yesterday, 40 days in advance! I think it is 90 days in advance.

I do mine at Sri Racha, another Chonburi DLT branch. Waiting time for tax is usually between 2 and 45 minutes. The actual procedure takes them 30 seconds. I cannot recommend a shop nearby the Pattaya DLT. Shops may charge you maybe 100 Baht on top (cheap) to 500 Baht (expensive) in admin fees.

Blue book, Phor Ror Bor and cash is all that is required. Most Phor Ror Bor outlets just attach a proof of payment slip to the blue book.

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You can definitely renew more than one month in advance. I did mine yesterday, 40 days in advance! I think it is 90 days in advance.

I do mine at Sri Racha, another Chonburi DLT branch. Waiting time for tax is usually between 2 and 45 minutes. The actual procedure takes them 30 seconds. I cannot recommend a shop nearby the Pattaya DLT. Shops may charge you maybe 100 Baht on top (cheap) to 500 Baht (expensive) in admin fees.

Blue book, Phor Ror Bor and cash is all that is required. Most Phor Ror Bor outlets just attach a proof of payment slip to the blue book.

Cheers, thought it was at least a month in advance, I'll rock up at the Regents branch and see (house is only 10 mins from there) I already have the Phor Ror Bor as part of the 1st class insurance.

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Any Post Office can do also.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks and yes I know, this time it will be easier to go to the DLT office, as it is closer to me than a post office.

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If the car is less than 7 years old you can do it in 7/11, but you need a Thai with ID card with you because they have to put an ID card in their card reader.

Thanks, worth considering.

14 hours ago, richsilver said:

That sure sounds like the easiest way to renew.

Yes, for most, except the postal service to my house is sporadic at best, Banglamung PO seem to wait until they have enough letters to deliver in the area, regardless of EMS or not, plus 90% of the time there is nobody at the house to accept the EMS post, which would mean going to Banglamung to get it on a Saturday morning, so in my case, it is probably easier to go to DLT and get it.

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Yes, for most, except the postal service to my house is sporadic at best, Banglamung PO seem to wait until they have enough letters to deliver in the area, regardless of EMS or not, plus 90% of the time there is nobody at the house to accept the EMS post, which would mean going to Banglamung to get it on a Saturday morning, so in my case, it is probably easier to go to DLT and get it. 

When i paid for it in 7/11 last year the tax sticker was just in my mailbox one day, so no signature required

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

When i paid for it in 7/11 last year the tax sticker was just in my mailbox one day, so no signature required

Really, they didn't send it EMS?

Also, how do they update the blue book with the tax paid if using this route?

Yes how would the book be updated ?
One option maybe to go to the Saturday mini DLT now relocated from Big C to the basement of Central Festival Pattaya Beach.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

Since i didn't have to sign it was probably not EMS, but i didn't pay much attention to the envelope back then. (but i don't know how they process this and if it might make a difference in which province you are and in which province the bike is registered)

The book gets updated when you take it to the DLT the next time (pay the tax there or change owner or province)

Well, went to the DLT office this morning, parked the car and decided to just go and do the renewal myself, apart from working out where to get the queue ticket from, as the machine is broken, so have to get from the information desk, it was a breeze, in and out in less than 5 minutes!

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 8:53 AM, johng said:

Yes how would the book be updated ?
One option maybe to go to the Saturday mini DLT now relocated from Big C to the basement of Central Festival Pattaya Beach.

Now moved upstairs next to the Pizza company  6th floor   Saturdays 11.00 - 19.00

P_20181020_112057.thumb.jpg.c9bd106f3b894e9ab8c0f0076fa9af27.jpg

Archived