Which car / brand should I choose?

PAV123

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

That means interior would be longer lasting,  colour fast with a cooler interior white car. Ok.  My next car will be white. 

The interior of a black car will last longer than the car itself, so you don't need to worry about that. 

The plastic dashboard of my 12 year old black fortuner still looks new without any cracks or color shifting. And I never put any protection on my windshield.

Cars are build to last in the cold and heat. 

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

Don't know where you're getting 60 degrees C from, but a white car is is cooler.

All I'm saying.

If you don't agree, buy a black car.

They are just some numbers. My point is, it will be hot in a white car as well after parking in the sun. Ok maybe 5 degrees less. I have a black car. As mentioned in ny other post, the heat is out after a couple of minutes with open windows and aircon turned on. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cheops said:

You do know that cars are sold with airconditioning, right?

If you park your white car in the Thai sun, you expect the car to be cool when you arrive at your car? 555

Yes, I do know that. I am informed by one of my Thai friends black for cars is popular among Thais because it has a professional connotation.

If I park a black car in the sun, it's going to absorb significantly more heat than the corresponding white or silver car. So the aircon will have to work a lot harder to get to a tolerable temperature. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Yes, I do know that. I am informed by one of my Thai friends black for cars is popular among Thais because it has a professional connotation.

If I park a black car in the sun, it's going to absorb significantly more heat than the corresponding white or silver car. So the aircon will have to work a lot harder to get to a tolerable temperature. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I have a dark blue swift. When it's in the sun, I drive off with all windows down for a few mins and put the air on. Most hot air has gone by then. Put the windows up and it will cool down quickly. A white car won't make a huge amount of difference - some high quality tiny will help as well. Then some guys wrap the roof of their white car in black lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Of course I understand that, but this thread is about fun and nonsense posts. Is that too difficult for you to understand? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I thought that Thais thought black rides were unlucky, in fact I saw a sticker on the back of a black ride saying something like "This car is not black", when it was...?

On 8/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, sharpjwe said:
  1. Sub Urban Vehicule is the meaning 
  2. as for choice of a vehiclule 
  3. there are so many different ones , all you will get is opinions .

you question is really to wide to answer 

SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle

Is the Thailand Motor Forum moderated? 

I Have a 2014 Michu Mirage we bought a couple of years as an inexpensive car while visiting Thailand (sold our pickup when we left and tired of renting every time we return)  We will be returning to Thailand next spring full time again and we will be in the market for a more substantial vehicle, we will keep the Mitsubishi for around town and sister in law to drive. 

So I see the title of this thread  "Which car / brand should I choose?" and i think to myself, perhaps i can get some inside on opinions from those who are there and have dealt with the choice.

After all these years on TVF I should have known better.

Five pages on which color is cooler in the sun. 

I know talking about cars is fun and I don't mean to be a stick in the mud and a party pooper, but how about some self moderation. If we are all interested in color and its effect  on heating up a car how about we start a  new thread, I might even jump in with my personal preference on paint job,solving the whole controversy. 

Image result for checker car paint

PS : if anyone says " yes but the roof is white" I will personally  come over and beat you senseless with a stalk of lemongrass :tongue:

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Is the Thailand Motor Forum moderated? 

I Have a 2014 Michu Mirage we bought a couple of years as an inexpensive car while visiting Thailand (sold our pickup when we left and tired of renting every time we return)  We will be returning to Thailand next spring full time again and we will be in the market for a more substantial vehicle, we will keep the Mitsubishi for around town and sister in law to drive. 

So I see the title of this thread  "Which car / brand should I choose?" and i think to myself, perhaps i can get some inside on opinions from those who are there and have dealt with the choice.

After all these years on TVF I should have known better.

Five pages on which color is cooler in the sun. 

I know talking about cars is fun and I don't mean to be a stick in the mud and a party pooper, but how about some self moderation. If we are all interested in color and its effect  on heating up a car how about we start a  new thread, I might even jump in with my personal preference on paint job,solving the whole controversy. 

Image result for checker car paint

PS : if anyone says " yes but the roof is white" I will personally  come over and beat you senseless with a stalk of lemongrass :tongue:

Well said. No, the whole reply, not just about the lemon grass.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:23 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Oh no it's not my China... We say when the fun is over....

We just getting started... THIS IS TVF ?

Talking about China........ then there is the 'LandWind X7'   [Landrover Evogue copy]  priced  685,000 - 762,187 baht !!!!!!!   or the 'Shuanguan SCEO'  [BMW X5 copy]

Shuanghuan SCEO-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you are lost in a bygone era, in our modern day engine stuff hp/tq can be achieved in many ways that do not need a V8...

In fact way back when a USA turbo V6 could trounce many a V8 on the quarter mile dash..

Open your eyes chap..:stoner:

Have you driven a fully loaded SUV here, a Quarter Mile Dash has nothing to do with getting a Loaded Fortuna up a Thai Mountain Range or a load of kids to School ,it revs its cobblers off. I refer to whats available here, i  use em,own em and they flat as witches tit exept when 1 up.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Have you driven a fully loaded SUV here, a Quarter Mile Dash has nothing to do with getting a Loaded Fortuna up a Thai Mountain Range or a load of kids to School ,it revs its cobblers off. I refer to whats available here, i  use em,own em and they flat as witches tit exept when 1 up.

Revs are involved with power chap, you find the rev range for the torque required...I hope you are learning from my replies....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Revs are involved with power chap, you find the rev range for the torque required...I hope you are learning from my replies....?

Not realy Mr Yesterday, your all based on theory, not hands on daily variety here. Stick to Tyre Pressure Gauges.As for the Topic, i think a Mazda 3, Honda City ,Toyota/Accord models suit most Ferang needs here, it the Thai Ladies who go for Showboats

1 minute ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Not realy Mr Yesterday, your all based on theory, not hands on daily variety here. Stick to Tyre Pressure Gauges.As for the Topic, i think a Mazda 3, Honda City ,Toyota/Accord models suit most Ferang needs here, it the Thai Ladies who go for Showboats

So why did my 7.0ltr V8 have no torque to get it moving at low RPM, it's power band was 4800 to 6800RPM...Yes I could have changed that to get up and go at low RPM but lost overall power ..

Modern day pickups have huge torque at low RPM because that is what they are designed to have/do. In fact some have more grunt than a V8 at low RPM...Think you are lost regarding the subject chap.....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps you are lost in a bygone era, in our modern day engine stuff hp/tq can be achieved in many ways that do not need a V8...

In fact way back when a USA turbo V6 could trounce many a V8 on the quarter mile dash..

Open your eyes chap..:stoner:

I owned a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 and it was the fastest factory production car I ever owned. A 2.4L turbocharged 4 cyl that produced over 1-1/2 hp per cu in. It only had about 51,000 miles on the clock when a lady made a left turn on a green light without yielding and was totaled 3 weeks before Christmas 2010.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

I owned a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 and it was the fastest factory production car I ever owned. A 2.4L turbocharged 4 cyl that produced over 1-1/2 hp per cu in. It only had about 51,000 miles on the clock when a lady made a left turn on a green light without yielding and was totaled 3 weeks before Christmas 2010.

Sounds like a fun ride...Sorry to hear about it's demise....?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right thread, however I have posted on a few threads on a few occasions that I am extremely satisfied with my Suzuki Swift, which is now nearing six years old, although I have no thoughts of changing it at the moment.

However if something did happen and I had to change it, I have often wondered if I would choose something else, if only by way of a change, and today I had a look round the equivalent MG hatchback which was on show in Central, and I have to say that it is an extremely good-looking car and looks very well made.

I'm always one for knocking on the metalwork to see if it's about the thickness of an aluminium can or not and also looking at the boot space (this was a hatchback) as well as comfort and interior space/instrument layout.

This is one I would seriously consider, however I would have to take it for a test drive to see if it matched the Suzuki, and at 589,000 baht it is about the same price..... so possibly an option for the future!

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

I don't know if this is the right thread, however I have posted on a few threads on a few occasions that I am extremely satisfied with my Suzuki Swift, which is now nearing six years old, although I have no thoughts of changing it at the moment.

However if something did happen and I had to change it, I have often wondered if I would choose something else, if only by way of a change, and today I had a look round the equivalent MG hatchback which was on show in Central, and I have to say that it is an extremely good-looking car and looks very well made.

I'm always one for knocking on the metalwork to see if it's about the thickness of an aluminium can or not and also looking at the boot space (this was a hatchback) as well as comfort and interior space/instrument layout.

This is one I would seriously consider, however I would have to take it for a test drive to see if it matched the Suzuki, and at 589,000 baht it is about the same price..... so possibly an option for the future!

My chum has just bought an MG Smart, not sure what model though, and I ain't seen it yet. But he reckons it's a nice drive, though l would have expected him to say that...

For him the clincher was what they offered for his trade in...?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ignis said:

Live in a little Village out in the sticks [63 houses]  notice today the 4 th house with a MG, all are the same model.  MG  ZS bought over the past 4 weeks...    maybe there good ?

Or MG staff are provided with accommodation there...?

4 hours ago, transam said:

4 hours ago, transam said:

No,  all have lived here many years, the newest arrival bought there house in 2009....... OK one man has a black one but he is not in Motor sales, + he kept his old Fortuner, his daughter a white one last week, she is a market trader.. 

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1