Transfer extension to new passport fyi

I live in Bangkok. Recently got a new passport . I was told at Cheang Wattana that in order to transfer extension I have to go to Samui(surat) immigration where I first received my extension. They will not accept 90 day report till extension is transfered.

Im at Samui office. Paid 500bt, waiting.

A very expensive new passport?

I assume that you used to live in Samui but have recently moved to Bangkok. If so, have you yet filed a completed TM28 change of address report form at Chaengwattana? This needs to be done (if it hasn't already) before you can file 90-day reports and apply for new extensions of stay there.

Moreover, even though Chaengwattana don't enforce the TM30 requirement, I suspect that it might be prudent to provide them with this completed form as well. That said, I will happily defer on this particular point to those who are more familiar with the detailed procedures and requirements at Chaengwattana than I am.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

I assume that you used to live in Samui but have recently moved to Bangkok. If so, have you yet filed a completed TM28 change of address report form at Chaengwattana? This needs to be done (if it hasn't already) before you can file 90-day reports and apply for new extensions of stay there.

Moreover, even though Chaengwattana don't enforce the TM30 requirement, I suspect that it might be prudent to provide them with this completed form as well. That said, I will happily defer on this particular point to those who are more familiar with the detailed procedures and requirements at Chaengwattana than I am.

Yes I moved to Bangkok 8 months ago and did the address change as well as tm30 to be on safe side. 90 ok so far. Thanks for the post.

Now im wondering if i have to update anything else immigration related with new passport number?

banks!

Edited by Srinivas
spell check

In your situation, with the TM.28 and TM.30 done, I believe the Bangkok immigration office should have done the transfer of the extension to your new passport. Dereliction of duty on their part. Asking to talk to a superior official or calling the immigration helpline 1078 might have done the trick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

In your situation, with the TM.28 and TM.30 done, I believe the Bangkok immigration office should have done the transfer of the extension to your new passport. Dereliction of duty on their part. Asking to talk to a superior official or calling the immigration helpline 1078 might have done the trick.

i mentioned it at the Samui office, the guy got a little angry and said sternly,loudly "  extension in surathani , have to transfer in surathani" 

The superior official in bangkok was also stern about this. said it in a your problem not mine, "i will not accept 90 day report till you have this transfer"

i guess the address change means nothing.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes!

See the new/ongoing thread on that subject. I recommend you tell them.

@Srinivas Most definitely you should. I got caught out when I tried to obtain a new passbook from a Bangkok Bank sub-branch in a local shopping mall near Rayong shortly after I had renewed my passport a few years ago. I was told to go to their main Rayong branch where I had opened the account in order to get my new passport number registered in the bank's systems before I could be issued with a new passbook. So, if your account is still with a bank branch in Samui, another exceedingly long trip back there from Bangkok MIGHT (and, I stress, MIGHT) be needed on your part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

@Srinivas Most definitely you should. I got caught out when I tried to obtain a new passbook from a Bangkok Bank sub-branch in a local shopping mall near Rayong shortly after I had renewed my passport a few years ago. I was told to go to their main Rayong branch where I had opened the account in order to get my new passport number registered in the bank's systems before I could be issued with a new passbook. So, if your account is still with a bank branch in Samui, another exceedingly long trip back there from Bangkok MIGHT (and, I stress, MIGHT) be needed on your part.

Went to a Kasikorn branch in Bangkok, they updated to my new passport number.

I thought they might tell me to go to main branch too but ok so far?

• Like 1