UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

MPs Simon Hart and Andrew Percy join Christopher Hope to bust some Brexit myths on this week’s podcast. First up: the idea that the UK’s relationship with the EU is fixed after Brexit day. In their view, Brexit "is a process and not an event” -- and their Brexit Delivery Group of Tory MPs plays a role in that process.

Also on the podcast: Professor Matthew Goodwin from Kent University on public opinion on Brexit, and Telegraph columnist Juliet Samuel takes a deep breath and sums up everything that’s gone wrong with the divorce negotiations so far. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/11/02/march-29th-start-brexit-process-say-tory-mps-leading-brexit/

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I will end up in the spirit house in the front garden. I refuse to have my ashes dumped in the river as I can't swim.

My wife suggested leaving my ashes at the airport and I told that if she does it has to be behind either KFC or McDonald's in case I get hungry in the night. 

I might post a bit of mine out to everyone I know and some I don’t!

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why are you surprised?

You have never met me and have little idea of the way I think or vote.

As for returning to the UK under labour, you must be joking.

As for JC supporting the ending of the frozen pension. When you are in opposition you can say what you like, but when you are in power it is a completely different kettle of sausages.

At the last GE I voted Tory to keep the Lib Dems out of the seat and Labour + UKIP never had a chance, and the election before that I voted UKIP.

Not so.  You told us that you voted UKIP before, and that you voted Tory last time out can hardly come as a surprise.  You are also vote 'Leave' aren't you.  You have also told us at length about your formative years, that you were in the forces, that you have 3 pensions, and live in Thailand with your wife and son!

Oh well! There are the facts about unfreezing your pension for instance and your reply disqualifies you from ever moaning about it again.  Jeez, you try to help someone....

Edited by mommysboy
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

If people are working illegally, and people hire them illegally, why would they bother paying minimum?

Because they get caught, lose their home and get sent to Gail. Just the same as any other law

Just now, Grouse said:

Then listen again

I said I trusted him more not that I think he is right. English as you know is quiet subtle.

Even if I changed my mind and I have not  I would still vote leave as we will be finished if we go back to the UK with our tails between our legs.

In fact my resolve has increased that leave is the best thing to do in the longer term.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

MPs Simon Hart and Andrew Percy join Christopher Hope to bust some Brexit myths on this week’s podcast. First up: the idea that the UK’s relationship with the EU is fixed after Brexit day. In their view, Brexit "is a process and not an event” -- and their Brexit Delivery Group of Tory MPs plays a role in that process.

Also on the podcast: Professor Matthew Goodwin from Kent University on public opinion on Brexit, and Telegraph columnist Juliet Samuel takes a deep breath and sums up everything that’s gone wrong with the divorce negotiations so far. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/11/02/march-29th-start-brexit-process-say-tory-mps-leading-brexit/

Yes the forthcoming 'deal' is no such thing as it's just a deal to do a deal. There is no real date defining a significant point when we really leave, and we are likely to be kept in limbo for many years, and decades possibly.

The problem with a deal is that it does in fact keep us effectively in the EU, aka, BRINO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

I said I trusted him more not that I think he is right. English as you know is quiet subtle.

Even if I changed my mind and I have not  I would still vote leave as we will be finished if we go back to the UK with our tails between our legs.

In fact my resolve has increased that leave is the best thing to do in the longer term.

You sound a bit like that funny little fella with with side swept hair and the little black moustache.

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Because they get caught, lose their home and get sent to Gail. Just the same as any other law

I Grouse worry about you!

nope there are millions of illegals working in the UK I don’t know of a single employer that has gone to jail the establishment know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Yes the forthcoming 'deal' is no such thing as it's just a deal to do a deal. There is no real date defining a significant point when we really leave, and we are likely to be kept in limbo for many years, and decades possibly.

The problem with a deal is that it does in fact keep us effectively in the EU, aka, BRINO. 

BRINO the worse nightmare cooked up by the actions of remainers like Starmer and Adonis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

The Tories you all hate have constantly put the minimum wage up above inflation each year!

There is a EU flaw in the minimum wage widely abused so:

Romanian company wins contract to replace glass in large building. They arrive with staff who will be paid effectively. Romanian wage rates as are excluddd under the minimum wage directive. Bit like if you worked in the UK but moved around you are still employed in the UK.

This scam is wildly used on big construction sites in London.

the question of minimum salary is not an easy one

I would hesitate to call this a scam

Romanians are in need of satang, aren't we all, they have less than most in Europe

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do brilliant work

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do quick quick work

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do beautiful work

Romanians can get contracts because they do cheap work,

that is their competitive edge, they can live with lower prices,

make this illegal and they lose out big time and remain in poverty

its a bit like child labor in the 3rd world, police it and make a stop to it and families die

multi faceted shit this

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

the question of minimum salary is not an easy one

I would hesitate to call this a scam

Romanians are in need of satang, aren't we all, they have less than most in Europe

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do brilliant work

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do quick quick work

some glass replacers can get contracts because they do beautiful work

Romanians can get contracts because they do cheap work,

that is their competitive edge, they can live with lower prices,

make this illegal and they lose out big time and remain in poverty

its a bit like child labor in the 3rd world, police it and make a stop to it and families die

multi faceted shit this

Yes I agree I was just discussing the foibles with the minimum wage.

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

BRINO the worse nightmare cooked up by the actions of remainers like Starmer and Adonis

Well, that's what it looks like you're getting and it most closely corresponds with what leave planned in terms of the economic relationship with the EU.

So, yes, in this respect you've been shafted!

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A couple of hundred metres off target with a nuclear missile won't make much difference.

hah hah, true enough

but seems PM has different views though

anyway, there are missiles that are not nuke

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Like 1

Just now, tebee said:

OMG did he think it came from Sainsbury’s from the magic food making machine!

Actually, my mum bless her used to have a magic cupboard whenever I ate her cake and biscuits on my next visit it was full!! Yes full again with those foxes sugared ring biscuits Madeira cake all full again. 

Unfortunately, when she moved into the retirement castle the cupboard stopped working and I haven’t found one in her new home yet.

Maybee Raab has found it? Or it’s on a boat?

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A couple of hundred metres off target with a nuclear missile won't make much difference.

Well, in the event UK sends it's nukes to fly, even 10.000km doesn't make any difference whatsoever. The only use of the nukes is never to use them.

6 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Well, in the event UK sends it's nukes to fly, even 10.000km doesn't make any difference whatsoever. The only use of the nukes is never to use them.

I’ve always wondered if we can use them without the Yanks day so

55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

anyway,

am interested in this as I have some knowledge re such systems

the UK cabinet is ill adviced, with the hint of 4 billion, was it? and 4 years. I think pm tm said that.

I'd say a minimum of 10 years if things go smooth and close to 10 billion pounds.

and I am not at all sure that UK has the right people to pull it off in 10 years

enjoy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Funny how wages are going up faster than any period since 2007?

Rater have the rich actually at least they are successful more than the EU gravy chain club!

Don't you mean wages have not gone up since 2007 or  wages have gone up for the first time since 2007. 

• Like 2