UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

I think the only people that screwed it up is people like you, If you had step outside of your London bubble  you would have understood that there was large areas of the country that were suffering from lack of funding, lack of investment. If remaininers stopped for  a  moment and said lets share some of the EU funding around ,  lets invest in other areas other than London and the south east, but no with remainers it was always me me me me like you business as usual comment
reaminers you reap what you sow
Corbyn: I think a lot of people have been totally angered by the way in which their communities have been left behind. We had high Leave votes in the most left-behind areas of the country. In a lot of deprived areas, working conditions have deteriorated over the decades,

I highly doubt that all the EU funding went to London....
Good luck for the deprived areas when they no longer receive the EU funds. Will Westminster provide those funds instead after Brexit?

To me you comment seems a typical Brexiteer reaction to blame the EU when actually the responsibility lies with Westminster....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

I highly doubt that all the EU funding went to London....
Good luck for the deprived areas when they no longer receive the EU funds. Will Westminster provide those funds instead after Brexit?

To me you comment seems a typical Brexiteer reaction to blame the EU when actually the responsibility lies with Westminster....

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I never said all EU funding when to London but I think a large part did, the majority of lobbyists are based in London

I  yet to see any Remain area acknowledge the fact that some areas were underfunded and if the Uk remained in the EU they would gladly give up their funding for the 10 years or how long it takes to restore the balance throughout the whole country.

No what you get is Remainers want Business as usual same old me me me me screw everyone else I am alright Jack 

And the  deprived areas  only ever  received little iany of  the  EU funding normally the crumbs   so they not losing out as much as a remainer area you can't take away nothing 

Of the money that the UK paid in the EU the amount excluding rebate that  came back with directions from the EU on how the money should be spent

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I never said all EU funding when to London but I think a large part did, the majority of lobbyists are based in London

I  yet to see any Remain area acknowledge the fact that some areas were underfunded and if the Uk remained in the EU they would gladly give up their funding for the 10 years or how long it takes to restore the balance throughout the whole country.

No what you get is Remainers want Business as usual same old me me me me screw everyone else I am alright Jack 

And the  deprived areas  only ever  received little iany of  the  EU funding normally the crumbs   so they not losing out as much as a remainer area you can't take away nothing 

Of the money that the UK paid in the EU the amount excluding rebate that  came back with directions from the EU on how the money should be spent

Maybe you should do some simple research before you post. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/01/mapped-where-in-the-uk-receives-most-eu-funding-and-how-does-thi/

And once again: do you think Westminster is going to compensate the poorer areas for the loss of EU funds?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Typical Remoaner trying to put the blame on Westminster when the responsibility lies with the EU

Nonsense, and by the way I am not a remoaner, rather a rejoiner. I prefer the UK to leave with a hard Brexit, think about the consequences and then rejoin the EU.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Maybe you should do some simple research before you post. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/01/mapped-where-in-the-uk-receives-most-eu-funding-and-how-does-thi/

And once again: do you think Westminster is going to compensate the poorer areas for the loss of EU funds?

You having a laugh now Are you saying that Cornwall is classed as a deprived areas

And yet again to fail to acknowledge the areas of the country that voted leave in large numbers haven't received large amounts of EU funding so taking away nothing leaves you with nothing

There were many cites in the UK that would have benefited from Hosting to the 2012 Olympics which included a large slice of EU money, So how I can't see the UK and European elites looking forward to bringing their friends and families to Leeds, Bradford, Middleborough 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Typical Remoaner trying to put the blame on Westminster when the responsibility lies with the EU

Please, keep blaming the EU for everything that was/is wrong in the UK. The UK government/bureaucracy didn’t do anything wrong! It’s all the enormous EU bureaucracy’s (about 40.000), not the UK’s (over 400.000) fault.........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tebee said:

Former Brexiteer Cabinet minister: "We are all toast aren't we. This is almost like the Titanic - she can't steer it and she is not going to let anyone else steer it. Normally rats leave a sinking ship - this lot have stayed on it."

Hey Tebee! Where you bin man?

The deck chairs are nicely arranged though!

Brexiteers like Trumpets have an obsession with nostalgia.... one Brexiteers is even videoed begging Garage to bring back the British empire.

Whatever your Brexit, it is a big step backward..... either to the immediate pre-war days of Fascism and Nazism, or if you prefer a more modern nostalgia, you could take Britain back to the pre-Brexit 60s and 70s and regain the title we had then..... "The Sick Man of Europe".....

Bit of a Hobson's choice, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Waiting in France,without a thought, of the feelings and the future of the British people who actually live in the U.K, under the control of the Unelected commissioners in Brussels.

But that’s what selfish people do.

The situation you describe doesn't exist......only a fool would fall for that tripe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

Nonsense, and by the way I am not a remoaner, rather a rejoiner. I prefer the UK to leave with a hard Brexit, think about the consequences and then rejoin the EU.

Apologies for the mis-labelling  - that makes you as bad as a Remoaner; in fact, a sadistic Remoaner.

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I blame the EU for nothing other than their (along with Cameron's) inability to have a blueprint for Brexit - Article 50 should have such a framework attached to it, their negative attitude and egotism in negotiations - and, of course, their course towards a United States of Europe.

I have equal (give or take) disregard for this government that could not organise the proverbial knees in a brewery. The UK Brexit team needed decisiveness - it has lacked it from the outset.   I vote for Fulham chairman Shahid Khan - he does <deleted> about - manager not getting the desired results?, OUT.

The EU didn't need a blueprint for Brexit as they knew it wouldn't happen.

Cameron didn't need a blueprint for Brexit as he knew it wouldn't happen.

The only people who needed a blueprint were those who led the Vote Leave campaign, but as they knew it wouldn't happen they didn't bother either, and then promptly hid their heads behind the parapet when they suddenly found they had "won".

As I have said before, the main reason the vote went the way it did was that nobody believed it would. This led to complacency among potential Remain voters, people casting an anti-Tory Government vote rather than an anti-EU one, etc. The great tragedy of Brexit, if it happens, is that it is based on what was essentially a freak result, one which people are clinging on to in the name of a sham "democracy". It is doubtful that it was the "will of the people" to leave back in 2016. It is almost certain that it isn't now, let alone March 2019. How anyone can equate that with democracy is beyond me.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

The EU didn't need a blueprint for Brexit as they knew it wouldn't happen.

Cameron didn't need a blueprint for Brexit as he knew it wouldn't happen.

The only people who needed a blueprint were those who led the Vote Leave campaign, but as they knew it wouldn't happen they didn't bother either, and then promptly hid their heads behind the parapet when they suddenly found they had "won".

As I have said before, the main reason the vote went the way it did was that nobody believed it would. This led to complacency among potential Remain voters, people casting an anti-Tory Government vote rather than an anti-EU one, etc. The great tragedy of Brexit, if it happens, is that it is based on what was essentially a freak result, one which people are clinging on to in the name of a sham "democracy". It is doubtful that it was the "will of the people" to leave back in 2016. It is almost certain that it isn't now, let alone March 2019. How anyone can equate that with democracy is beyond me.

I like this guy - he speaks unequivocally. What a shame he wasn't a Brexiteer.

Remainers need to listen to this - Leavers need to just ourselves EXACTLY what Cameron promised. PROMISED!

In/Out, once in a generation, no further referendums, out means out.

A real statesman.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Looks like May is finally going to take early Remainer advice....

Don't leave, just tell everyone we've left and the Brexiteers will think it's happened

It's a starting point - and a quantum leap from where we were.

The UK’s elected government, like the elected governments of the other Member States, were fully involved in each and every EU decision. But don’t tell the people that, otherwise we can’t blame the EU....
Which in no way answers to the point i was making. We were talking about Westminster making bad decisions versus the EU making them.

If a British person, living in Britain, dislikes a decision taken by the EU, how exactly does that person make their feelings known to the EU and get them to reconsider?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2