UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

Just now, oilinki said:

Well, we have a strong common ground. Let's build, not destroy, on this. 

I don't like the people who abuse the system anymore than you do. In fact I hate the people who don't contribute to the common good and abuse others. 

One of the reasons Brexit was supported by the people on top level (Mogg etc), is that EU is actually going to be implement rules, which are more able to dig deep in to the tax haven schemes, UK's very rich people have been using to hide their wealth. I think it's perfectly ok to be rich. Yet I think everyone should contribute to the society in fair manner. Some of these very rich folks don't think alike. 

So what do we do? How can we have a fair society to us all residents of the European Union, while making sure that most of the abuse is being subdued, by the poor as well as by the really rich?

I believe that is what we, common working people, all want. Let's work towards that goal, instead of having fights among ourselves. 

Yes but the EU tackles us on finance they hate us for it. But they don’t do anything with the amount of Luxembourg registered companies building massive buildings in the City of London  as their tax is so cheap. All that money would be in the UK?

A lot of our money goes abroad and does not get spent on our economy so our productivity looks terrible when in effect Brits work the longest hours in the UK

4 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No The ecconomies that actually make money Germany in particular we account for large amounts of trade! Spain takes millions of our tourists and we buy their produce. Southern Ireland will go ban riot without us buying their stuff. 

Thats is why they will never stop our planes flying or put too many border restrictions. We can bring anything we want from around the world by ship so they are a bit stuck with no deal.

Keep on drinking that Kool Aid. Then why has Mrs May not brought back the deal of the century, if we have the power to bring down the EU and crash it’s economy? Is she part of the globalist conspiracy? Or is she just a leader negotiating with a poor hand, but dealing with it in a practical and realistic manner?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Ideed we will, we did from 1939 onward....

As for whining, it is you an EU bloke who is whining, not me..But don't worry, your EU clan will take care of you without the Brit cash, Turkey to the rescue....????

What did you think during those years of WWII? 

Had I been alive during those years, I would have thought that Hitler was a complete whiner himself. He managed to get along an army of whiners with him. 

How is this any different what is happening in today's whiners market? Brexit, Trump, Putin.. ah, actually Putin's Russia is finally really getting tired of him. It took an decade, but at the end of the day, people actually want to live in freedom, not under closed society. 

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

the table shows we sell a lot to Eire which understandable,after that a decent amount to sweden and a small amount to Latvia,the rest sell us more,so we export very little,even with a no deal spain will still sell us oranges,france wine because we cannot grow them,they know this and they aint worried about a no deal whatsoever,we mean little to them,yes there might be the slightest noticeable drop in trade but nowt to worry them,they have better GDP figures than us at present and will be just fine

No it will adversely affect them don’t mix GDP with profit ! GDP is total income turnover so gross not net.

There would be somewhere around 10-15 billion in tariffs to us from the EU if we went WTO plus 39 billion saved and almost 15 billion a year in saved contributions. So 109 billion extra for the UK over two years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes but the EU tackles us on finance they hate us for it. But they don’t do anything with the amount of Luxembourg registered companies building massive buildings in the City of London  as their tax is so cheap. All that money would be in the UK?

A lot of our money goes abroad and does not get spent on our economy so our productivity looks terrible when in effect Brits work the longest hours in the UK

Britain has a great financial market. There is no doubt about it. 

EU likes it as it's beneficial to EU. EU member states might feel jealous about it, but these countries also know that it was not a lottery win for UK to have it. They will and should compete for the markets, like in all aspects of business happens. 

If the British people and institutions are investing to other parts of the world, it is because they think that they are able to bring more money back home to Britain, than what left the island. 

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

If melvinmelvin is looking in, this is an example of the posts we were talking about the other night. 

ps olly, what is a "purebred birts". You know, people in glasshouses and all that.????????????

I don't know. Why don't you tell me. Isn't that what you want by closing the borders and "taking back control"?

2 hours ago, markaoffy said:

To Grouse without quoting His diatribe it’s “Drivel “

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's OK. It was over your head.

Why don't you post a rebuttal?

I would have given you a harder time but I just read your recent history 

Clearly special needs; would you like a biscuit?

Edited by Grouse

Eh? The goal of Brexit is to get out of the EU, not to get a better deal with the EU.

The "better deal" part comes from an independent world-wide trade policy, of which the EU would be a part, a diminishing part, as it has been for the last decade or two.

Most of the world trades under WTO rules, there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about trading under WTO rules.

The "no deal" scenario has been hyped up by the CBI and other reactionaries, but it's just a bump in the road to an independent trade policy. The alternative is a few more years of limbo.

People do get very confused about exchange rates - a weak pound is good for exports.

Wow simply wow. There is not a single word in that amazing piece of intelectual thinking that I have not heard old farts drinking Leo in bar stools across Thailand. Do you all read the same crap publications and propaganda and then regurgitate it as if you had thought about it yourself?

There is nothing to be concerned about trading under WTO rules? Ha ha ha ha you are quite the economist! You have no idea how WTO works? Bet you have gone to Google now!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes we want our country back and to wreck the EU!

I can understand that you want the feeling of getting your country back. I have no objection to anyone's personal freedom.

But why would you want to wreck the EU? EU is what we want and EU gives us the personal freedoms we value a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes but most foreign workers send money home it doesn’t get spent in the UK so drags down the economy. If it’s soent in a Romanian shop it’s not helping the UK economy 

I suppose all of these foreign workers also pay taxes to UK? They might save as much as they can to help their families back home. They might not live at large when they are working.

But who does that? I didn't when I lived in Finland. While my friends were buying foreign cars, spending their moneys in drinking beer, I saved every bit of money I could.. to travel and have great experiences. 

I never minded that I used a bicycle, instead of car to move myself from one place to another. I knew that by doing so, I saved a great deal of money to do something I really loved to do. 

The same applies to these people who come to work in foreign countries. The same applies to the people who come to work in oil rigs or computer rooms, like I did. I saved a lot of money to be able to live few years without having to worry about the money. Should Singapore kick me out just because I worked there.. and paid my taxes?

37 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No she’s a remainer she has gone down a remain narrative.

If only you had Boris Johnson. He’s got form in negotiating with the Europeans. We’ve just had to scrap expensive water cannon vehicles that he bought from Germany ... what a star. The only deal these guys would have negotiated is no deal at all. Mrs May sensibly looked at the national interest after concluding that a fall off a cliff was a deriliction of duty.

Whatever happens it will always be someone else’s fault, never your own miscalculations and poor judgment.

Edited by AlexRich
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

We will be worse off under May's deal, but no where near as bad as a "no deal" exit ... both are inferior to what we have now. The problem is that the pendulum has not swung far enough public opinion wise on May's deal to just abandon it. The pendulum has swung far enough on "no deal" ... few want this, and if this is the only deal in town then I think that a people's vote is a fair solution. 

I think there is a good chance of no Brexit!

Am I satisfied? No, of course not!

Now is time to negotiate terms of remaining 

1) No more Strasbourg 

2) CAP gets pruned

3) Brakes on freedom of movement. Must have job paying 30k. Seasonal fruit pickers can come

4) We get to deport anyone we want, where we want, when we want

5) London gets to set up and manage a single currency. Let's call it the pound

Any others?

56 minutes ago, vogie said:

If melvinmelvin is looking in, this is an example of the posts we were talking about the other night. 

ps olly, what is a "purebred birts". You know, people in glasshouses and all that.????????????

yes, looking quickly,

have been busy with loy kratong

not sure I get the "posts we were talking about" link - you tell me

mai pen rai

cheers

happy loy kratong

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I suppose all of these foreign workers also pay taxes to UK? They might save as much as they can to help their families back home. They might not live at large when they are working.

But who does that? I didn't when I lived in Finland. While my friends were buying foreign cars, spending their moneys in drinking beer, I saved every bit of money I could.. to travel and have great experiences. 

I never minded that I used a bicycle, instead of car to move myself from one place to another. I knew that by doing so, I saved a great deal of money to do something I really loved to do. 

The same applies to these people who come to work in foreign countries. The same applies to the people who come to work in oil rigs or computer rooms, like I did. I saved a lot of money to be able to live few years without having to worry about the money. Should Singapore kick me out just because I worked there.. and paid my taxes?

On top of this, when we Europeans are constantly reminded that we are no longer welcome to UK, who of us would like to come there to work?

I'm well aware that I do possess skills which UK would like to have and employ me. 

Do I want to go there? No. Why don't I want to go there? Well.. the weather sucks out there.. but more lately there is the arrogance issue. I simply don't want to support a society which is so freaking inbred of it's own selfishness. I think most of us, professionals, who would be wanted to work in the UK, think the same.

Be fair for all, or be nothing at all. That's the way we can show our own actual power against countries which are becoming more and more closed. UK has become one of these closed countries. 

So once again, congratulations to the Brexiters. You managed to change your country to the way you wanted. 

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

The issue is no remainers are talking about the risks of remaining? Do you think it is safe.

Such as loosing our budget rebate, collapse of the Euro, business relocation and paid for by the EU (Think Ford and Jaguar).

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjqhqng2OfeAhXLCcAKHYBSDN8QFjAAegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbusiness.financialpost.com%2Fpmn%2Fbusiness-pmn%2Fbrexit-italy-trade-risks-piling-up-for-europes-economy&usg=AOvVaw3pwSk8uryxGA_FDqV3nFG-

Do remainers really believe staying in is a safe and predictable option?

IF we remain we will not lose our rebates and we will not lose our guaranteed opt outs including the Euro. But I want more. The EU is far from perfect but right now we leverage for change.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

One thing you weren't able to count was that Scandinavian people tend to like logic, not peer pressure. 

Good life wishes to your own realm as well. 

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

The average cost for unskilled EU migrants is £ 3,500 for the tax payer in benefits and costs excluding maternity care and the fact they send money abroad not helping GDP.

Hope more are put off, we turn down skilled people form Australia but can take all the EUs unskilled labour which we subsidise big business with cheap labour.

Seems like a form of servitude for us?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwio8e282-feAhWlKcAKHZLcAiYQFjAMegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffullfact.org%2Fimmigration%2Fimmigration-and-jobs-labour-market-effects-immigration%2F&usg=AOvVaw2Lsok4OOyONMURkZNX5maD

Make your mind up

EU migrants are a net benefit to the economy. See Factcheck

Why would successful Australians want to come to the U.K. Except for a gap year?

We do need proper border controls but that is for our government to fix. Frankly (and except for seasonal workers) immigrants should have a job paying at least 30k to avoid being kicked out.

Do you actually read what you post? If you read the entire article you would now know that NON-EU low paid immigrants are the ones that cause damage to our labour market.

Edited by Grouse

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

One thing you weren't able to count was that Scandinavian people tend to like logic, not peer pressure. 

Good life wishes to your own realm as well. 

Finland is number one in Europe for education, the UK is going backwards. But you are communicating with people who for forty years have been told by their own media that the EU is a terrible institution ... whilst enjoying the much higher growth rate that the UK has experienced since joining the EU. The day after the vote a Chinese daily newspaper described Britons as displaying a “loser’s mentality” ... lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1