UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Make your mind up

EU migrants are a net benefit to the economy. See Factcheck

Why would successful Australians want to come to the U.K. Except for a gap year?

We do need proper border controls but that is for our government to fix. Frankly (and except for seasonal workers) immigrants should have a job paying at least 30k to avoid being kicked out.

Incorrect 

• There is no single "correct" estimate of this impact. Results of existing studies all depend on the methodology and the assumptions researchers must make (for example, about whether to include the costs of educating UK-born children of immigrants).
  • There is no single "correct" answer to the question of how much immigrants contribute to public finances

• https://fullfact.org/immigration/how-immigrants-affect-public-finances/

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

The average cost for unskilled EU migrants is £ 3,500 for the tax payer in benefits and costs excluding maternity care and the fact they send money abroad not helping GDP.

Hope more are put off, we turn down skilled people form Australia but can take all the EUs unskilled labour which we subsidise big business with cheap labour.

Seems like a form of servitude for us?

If that number is true, how many months does this unskilled EU person have to work and pay taxes to make sure he or she is indeed beneficial for the UK?

When someone hires him or her, they tend not to do so simply because they have a really good heart (jai dee, as we say here in Thailand). They employ them, because these expats tend to increase to their bottom line. 

1 month, 3 months, 6 months? When the total sheet of Britain is fulfilled and these ugly and smelly EU foreigners start to benefit UK as whole?

8 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Finland is number one in Europe for education, the UK is going backwards. But you are communicating with people who for forty years have been told by their own media that the EU is a terrible institution ... whilst enjoying the much higher growth rate that the UK has experienced since joining the EU. The day after the vote a Chinese daily newspaper described Britons as displaying a “loser’s mentality” ... lol.

Oncec again no link in reference to your Chinese newspaper article Or maybe the article doesn't exist

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

IF we remain we will not lose our rebates and we will not lose our guaranteed opt outs including the Euro. But I want more. The EU is far from perfect but right now we leverage for change.

Yes we are loosing it in any case!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1MM1PV

Our contributions could be 20 billion a year soon, plus the fotlreign aid budget they spend part of?

seems expensive?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Incorrect 

• There is no single "correct" estimate of this impact. Results of existing studies all depend on the methodology and the assumptions researchers must make (for example, about whether to include the costs of educating UK-born children of immigrants).
  • There is no single "correct" answer to the question of how much immigrants contribute to public finances

• https://fullfact.org/immigration/how-immigrants-affect-public-finances/

Why this Russian account, which only want to cause anger between us Europeans, is still here?

2 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

We would gain billions by taking the WTO option, and the EU know it!

What a moronic, poorly informed comment!

Try listening to #3 blokes in a pub. Their Geneva episodes will educate you about WTO. 

You really should brush up on your knowledge before posting silly comments

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oilinki said:

If that number is true, how many months does this unskilled EU person have to work and pay taxes to make sure he or she is indeed beneficial for the UK?

When someone hires him or her, they tend not to do so simply because they have a really good heart (jai dee, as we say here in Thailand). They employ them, because these expats tend to increase to their bottom line. 

1 month, 3 months, 6 months? When the total sheet of Britain is fulfilled and these ugly and smelly EU foreigners start to benefit UK as whole?

I would say no benefits until tax paid 5 years! They can get housing after only 3 months!

Personally, I wouldn’t have anyone here who couldn’t pay their way why should we subsidise them?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

your link didn't open for me

but I doubt what that official is saying very much

if a50 is revoked and foggy island remains,

what would be the legal basis for fo9rcing uk to take on euro

and to lose the rebate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Oncec again no link in reference to your Chinese newspaper article Or maybe the article doesn't exist

Are you Mr Links? Maybe they did not say that, maybe I just made it up, maybe I am on the payroll of George Soros, maybe I’m a GCHQ bot ... maybe you should stop wearing tin foil hats?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

your link didn't open for me

but I doubt what that official is saying very much

if a50 is revoked and foggy island remains,

what would be the legal basis for fo9rcing uk to take on euro

and to lose the rebate?

Here the link 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

and here the reason why

After Brexit, the EU wants to wind down in stages all the rebates, including those that the Netherlands or Denmark enjoy. The bloc’s executive European Commission has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I can understand that you want the feeling of getting your country back. I have no objection to anyone's personal freedom.

But why would you want to wreck the EU? EU is what we want and EU gives us the personal freedoms we value a lot. 

The EU restricts us and just puts another layer of elites in charge, raking in a fortune in wages pensions and high expenses (which they won’t release the details of). Big gravy chain.

I would love it to be no more, we are in fact controlled by the Germans who we have had to fight in Two world wars! If the EU collapsed tomorrow I would be very happy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here the link 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

and here the reason why

After Brexit, the EU wants to wind down in stages all the rebates, including those that the Netherlands or Denmark enjoy. The bloc’s executive European Commission has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

Thanks my iPhone doesn’t like my chubby fingers attaching links!

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Are you Mr Links? Maybe they did not say that, maybe I just made it up, maybe I am on the payroll of George Soros, maybe I’m a GCHQ bot ... maybe you should stop wearing tin foil hats?

Sorros is indeed a despicable individual.

Globalist financier supporting remain and the millionaire globalist (sorry people’s vote)

Disgusting!! He should be arrested and locked up !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

And without anying supporting links maybe your just making everything up, I noticed whenever Leavers put something up they are ridiculed by remainers unless they can provide evidence to support their claim in the form or a source or link , It appear when remainers put something up they  think the same standard doesn't apply to them I can inform you It does

It’s due to our superior educational standards don’t worry we need to show them how to do complicated things like work percentages out or look further than the Guardian for facts.

So 52% vs 48 % is a win by a margin of 8 % . So remain lost and leave won.

12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Finland is number one in Europe for education, the UK is going backwards. But you are communicating with people who for forty years have been told by their own media that the EU is a terrible institution ... whilst enjoying the much higher growth rate that the UK has experienced since joining the EU. The day after the vote a Chinese daily newspaper described Britons as displaying a “loser’s mentality” ... lol.

Sometime we need a friend to hold our hands. 

Can I offer my hand so that we could make sense of all this madness. We could walk together towards brighter future. 

I'm a Finn. I have personal experience how to screw up my life due being the person who thinks who knows it all. Oh boy, Am I a proud person. Add a lot of vodka, to get the full understanding of real physical and mental hangover. We do stuff, we are not always proud off later on.

Sometimes things go utterly wrong. Brexit was one of those things. 

So what? Sometimes things go sour. It's the way things are supposed to do, as long as we try to and improve things our own ways. So what, this brexit didn't happen. 

It's not that the Brits didn't try. They did, but couldn't find a better result. 

So what. We'll try once again. We'll improve our society once again. Later on, as long as we are inside, not outside, of the society. 

4 minutes ago, soleddy said:

Tusk and Juncker are crapping themselves because without the UK it will be the beginning of the end. Other people, especially the Italians, are also gagging to escape this expensive club.

Yes all we do is pay what do we get in return? Nothing we should spend the money on our own people the EU is bankrupting us!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And without anying supporting links maybe your just making everything up, I noticed whenever Leavers put something up they are ridiculed by remainers unless they can provide evidence to support their claim in the form or a source or link , It appear when remainers put something up they  think the same standard doesn't apply to them I can inform you It does

The Chinese comment was widely reported, and came after the result ... you were clearly not up with events.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

And of course every leading economist would call you out as a deluded fool. The EU had the stronger hand in the negotiations for many reasons, one of which is how damaging WTO terms would be to our economy. 

No you miss the point most ecconomists are taught by other ecconmists who support the EU all using the same modelling which is usually proved wrong. 

What are rdmainers hiding from have you no faith in the UK?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Sometime we need a friend to hold our hands. 

Can I offer my hand so that we could make sense of all this madness. We could walk together towards brighter future. 

I'm a Finn. I have personal experience how to screw up my life due being the person who thinks who knows it all. Oh boy, Am I a proud person. Add a lot of vodka, to get the full understanding of real physical and mental hangover. We do stuff, we are not always proud off later on.

Sometimes things go utterly wrong. Brexit was one of those things. 

So what? Sometimes things go sour. It's the way things are supposed to do, as long as we try to and improve things our own ways. So what, this brexit didn't happen. 

It's not that the Brits didn't try. They did, but couldn't find a better result. 

So what. We'll try once again. We'll improve our society once again. Later on, as long as we are inside, not outside, of the society. 

I believe there is an old Finnish saying: “After much laughter, there is tears” ... that will be the leavers story.

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Simple because the E.u had declared economic war against the U.K.

In one of your recent posts,you mention that you live on a Rock, would that be Gibraltar, if not where is this Rock you live on?

38EA6F25-0622-49A2-A126-6AEF322BFD4A.jpeg

Please stop replying to me with your naive comments. 

I have put you to my ignore list a long time ago, I hope you'll apply the same courtesy to me. I sometimes see your replies an that's the reason why I do this reply.

I no longer want to see the silly images, you wish to show. I also don't care if other people see the silly images you share. I simply don't care.

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No you miss the point most ecconomists are taught by other ecconmists who support the EU all using the same modelling which is usually proved wrong. 

What are rdmainers hiding from have you no faith in the UK?

I have tremendous faith in my belief that most leavers are deluded fools who are hell bent in destroying their own economy, and possibly the nation itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1