UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

grouse,

I'm the non-Brit

you tell me

Mea culpa!

The problem with Labour is that it is morphing from a party with many principles but essentially representing the working man into a Corbyn cult.

Many reasonable centrists are being forced out by Corbyns Trot fans. The party is moving further left.

With our FPTP system, the center is becoming a vacuum

?

4 minutes ago, rixalex said:

You start by saying that nobody has proof of future events and then go on to state as a matter of fact that in the future a lot more companies will follow Panasonic.

And regarding the Panasonic story, it made big headline news a couple of weeks back and from the headline one imagined a vast factory plant or two with factory workers, office staff, management team, truck drivers, tea ladies and all the rest, potentially with their jobs on the line, and all thanks to Brexit. Then you read down the article and near the bottom come to the line, "fewer than approximately ten people would be affected out of a staff of 30".

To repeat. Less than ten.

Yes quick people. For goodness sake. Reverse this mass exodos before it's too late.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nobody knows how the world looks like in April 2019. We however have some indications, what the future might bring to us. Not that complicated thought really.

If Panasonic moves 20 people from it's headquarters, the rest of the staff will become unemployed. That also affects the people who were servicing these people outside of the company. Selling them food, servising their apartments etc. 

That's not a problem as long as there is shortage of employment in UK. On the other hand, if there is no shortage, that's a tiny, but real dent to local economy

Anyway, we at the receiving end, are welcoming these companies to move to EU, where we want to see future to happen in a positive light. 

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Mea culpa!

The problem with Labour is that it is morphing from a party with many principles but essentially representing the working man into a Corbyn cult.

Many reasonable centrists are being forced out by Corbyns Trot fans. The party is moving further left.

?

right,

I can see that

the UK voting system is overdue for total overhaul, will probably never happen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Thanks for that poorly produced piece of Labour double speak! As you say, totally undeliverable. Why don't they just opt to stay in the SM and CU?

It seems to be a sensible strategy: a smooth transition period where we remain in the single market and customs union, and then a trade deal- eminently sensible, and pragmatic. 

I dare say May would have followed the same course were she not running scared of the far right nutters.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Mea culpa!

?

For the last two months the Labour Party has been tearing itself apart and lecturing the public on its intolerance of racism then they elect Momentum candidates who are known anti-semitism activists.

Quite bizarre! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aright said:

For the last two months the Labour Party has been tearing itself apart and lecturing the public on its intolerance of racism then they elect Momentum candidates who are known anti-semitism activists.

Quite bizarre! 

just shows how flexible (and tolerant in disguise) Labour is

37 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It seems to be a sensible strategy: a smooth transition period where we remain in the single market and customs union, and then a trade deal- eminently sensible, and pragmatic. 

I dare say May would have followed the same course were she not running scared of the far right nutters.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-uk-eu-agreements-trade-travel-a8528716.html

Nobody knows how the world looks like in April 2019. We however have some indications, what the future might bring to us. Not that complicated thought really.

If Panasonic moves 20 people from it's headquarters, the rest of the staff will become unemployed. That also affects the people who were servicing these people outside of the company. Selling them food, servising their apartments etc. 

That's not a problem as long as there is shortage of employment in UK. On the other hand, if there is no shortage, that's a tiny, but real dent to local economy

Anyway, we at the receiving end, are welcoming these companies to move to EU, where we want to see future to happen in a positive light. 

What part of, "fewer than 10 people affected out of 30" don't you understand?

Panasonic went on in the article to state,
"No Panasonic UK business operations will be affected by the EU headquarters move".

And so now we have to be worried about the people "servicing" less than ten people. Yes I can see it now. Restaurants going broke.

It's a total non-story. I can see why though someone bitter about Britain's decision and keen to see Britain fail, would be bigging it up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rixalex said:

What part of, "fewer than 10 people affected out of 30" don't you understand?

Panasonic went on in the article to state,
"No Panasonic UK business operations will be affected by the EU headquarters move".

And so now we have to be worried about the people "servicing" less than ten people. Yes I can see it now. Restaurants going broke.

It's a total non-story. I can see why though someone bitter about Britain's decision and keen to see Britain fail, would be bigging it up.

How does it affect where Panasonic and other companies which are fleeing UK to EU, how they pay their company taxes?

Are these company taxes just tiny bits non-story, like you wish to call them?

I'm not bitter. I do want to take an advantage of a extremely stupid decision Brexit was. Sorry for that.

How does it affect where Panasonic and other companies which are fleeing UK to EU, how they pay their company taxes?

Are these company taxes just tiny bits non-story, like you wish to call them?

I'm not bitter. I do want to take an advantage of a extremely stupid decision Brexit was. Sorry for that.
Don't understand your first question.

You definitely come across as bitter. Desperate to see Britain fail just because she decided to take a different route to you. Pretty sad. Like a jilted lover out for revenge. That reaction sums up the EU bureaucrats and politicians. "How dare you want to leave our club."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Don't understand your first question.

You definitely come across as bitter. Desperate to see Britain fail just because she decided to take a different route to you. Pretty sad. Like a jilted lover out for revenge. That reaction sums up the EU bureaucrats and politicians. "How dare you want to leave our club."

I'm not going to call you with harsh names, even though I think you deserve it. 

I'm not bitter, nor I want Britain to fail. I just don't like people behaving illogically. I think it's stupid. 

But when I encounter utter ignorance combined with baseless nationalistic pride.. I start to think, what the heck, perhaps it's time to teach these folks a lesson. After all, some people need to burn their fingers to understand that the stove is hot. Smarter ones learn from others have experienced before.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm not going to call you with harsh names, even though I think you deserve it. 

I'm not bitter, nor I want Britain to fail. I just don't like people behaving illogically. I think it's stupid. 

But when I encounter utter ignorance combined with baseless nationalistic pride.. I start to think, what the heck, perhaps it's time to teach these folks a lesson. After all, some people need to burn their fingers to understand that the stove is hot. Smarter ones learn from others have experienced before.

jeez oilinki,

time for an iso olut and koskenkorva now

quite some salvo that

(dont entirely disagree though)

lack of knowledge combined with nationalism is the fuel of much shit, around the world

(look no further than the other side of the pond)

42 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think this would be a very strict application of the law- I think someone is scare-mongering.  As I said in another post- technocrats can find hard edges on marshmallows (change that to butter, maybe).

But if we take it as read, then the only possible Brexit would be no deal Brexit.

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

jeez oilinki,

time for an iso olut and koskenkorva now

quite some salvo that

(dont entirely disagree though)

lack of knowledge combined with nationalism is the fuel of much shit, around the world

(look no further than the other side of the pond)

The way I now visualise Brexit and Brexiters:

40 something middle-aged man with his artificially black dyed hair, on dance floor, doing his space moves to impress 18 years old girls. 

That's what Brexit Britain looks like to the outside world. 

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

40 something middle-aged man with his artificially black dyed hair, on dance floor, doing his space moves to impress 18 years old girls. 

Looks like to you!

What a strange analogy!

In fact, I think middle aged men were split 50/50, maybe even favoured remaining.

Generally, we can say two cohorts swung it for Leave, elderly men, and working class city dwellers in what used to be industrial areas, such as Sunderland.

Edited by mommysboy

It's generally best in life to not worry too much about misconceptions people might have about you.

Haters gonna hate.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Yet again contradicting yourself. Don't want Britain to fail but think perhaps it's time to teach these folks a lesson.

And who are you to tell us we are illogical or behaving stupidly, for voting to leave? If the EU works for your country and you want to remain in, good for you. Your country. Your people. Your own set of circumstances. Your own decision. I don't call it illogical or stupid, that you are happy with being in the EU. It's up to you.

Why can't you take a reciprocal sort of attitude with us? Why the need to be so judgemental?

I'm sorry, but I assume most of the people equipped with moderate intelligence are able to think at least 2 moves ahead when they play chess. I assume that same for the people who are able to write coherently.

I used layered talk, very simple two layer talk in this occasion. If you failed to read that properly, I'm sorry. That's not on me. 

Go ahead, call me a bitter person for purpose of dismaying me .. and expect to get a similar response ?