Thai Vs Budget Airlines

rio666uk

anyone have any preference when domestic flying in Thailand? Thai Air are hideously expensive compared with these 2 but are you paying for just the "Thai" name or is the service and organisation of the bigger airline far superior to the low cost alternatives..?

anyone have any preference when domestic flying in Thailand?

Thai Air are hideously expensive compared with Air Asia or Nok Air but are you paying for just the "Thai" name or is the service and organisation of the bigger airline far superior to the low cost alternatives..?

anyone have any preference when domestic flying in Thailand? Thai Air are hideously expensive compared with these 2 but are you paying for just the "Thai" name or is the service and organisation of the bigger airline far superior to the low cost alternatives..?

Thai is ok.. if only for the little purple cardboard box with a carton of orange juice and a bun in it

Bangkok Air is nice.. especially the delicious tub of ice cream i ate on board a Phuket flight once

But i really like Nok.. No frills ex Thai Airways craft... Then again i wold say Nok wouldn't i ? After all i am a Goshawk

:o

Thai Air are hideously expensive compared with Air Asia or Nok Air but are you paying for just the "Thai" name or is the service and organisation of the bigger airline far superior to the low cost alternatives..?

I fly Air Asia domestically, the seats are a bit scruffy and some of the seat belts don't work but it's always left and arrived on time in my experience and who cares about the lack of a free OJ and a stale sandwich in a one hour flight.

I fly Air Asia domestically, the seats are a bit scruffy and some of the seat belts don't work but it's always left and arrived on time in my experience and who cares about the lack of a free OJ and a stale sandwich in a one hour flight.

yep i couldnt agree more - i dont particularly care what freebies or food are on offer for an hours flight.... as long as the plane goes up, stays up and only comes down when its meant to - im happy :o

If you've got an onward connection, then it is probably worth the extra money, since Thai are a full-service airline.

So when you miss your connection, because they run late, they will take some responsibility, rather than just laugh at the funny farang stood there complaining !

A friend flew late on CNX-BKK and missed his onward flights on Cathay to HKK and Riyadh. Thai put him up in a hotel for the night, then got him a seat via Colombo to his final destination. At no extra cost to him.

Somehow I doubt any low-cost airline would have done the same for him. :o

But yes, they do charge extra for this sort of service, and they are really pricey if you're buying a ticket from Thailand to anywhere else & back - so I only use them for the connecting domestic-flights.