U.S. agency says United pilot posted explicit photos of flight attendant online

rooster59

U.S. agency says United pilot posted explicit photos of flight attendant online

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A United Airlines <UAL.N> flight attendant is accusing the airline of failing to protect her from sexually explicit pictures that a pilot posted of her online, according to a lawsuit filed in a San Antonio, Texas, federal court.

The lawsuit, filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), said United failed to prevent and correct the pilot's behaviour, even after the flight attendant made numerous complaints.

United said in an emailed statement that it had reviewed the allegations in the complaint and disagreed with the EEOC's description of the situation, without providing further detail.

"United does not tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace and will vigorously defend against this case," spokeswoman Erin Benson said in the statement. She said the airline could not comment further. The EEOC could not be reached for a response.

The flight attendant and pilot were in a relationship while working for the airline. She ended the relationship after he refused to stop the posts, which included her name, occupation and home airport, the lawsuit said.

According to the complaint, one post told prospective airline passengers to "look for her when you fly!" because she was the "new reason to 'Fly the Friendly Skies,'" in reference to United's advertising slogan.

The posts, made on various websites, were seen by co-workers and adversely affected the flight attendant's working environment, according to the lawsuit.

The EEOC is seeking damages for the flight attendant and asked the court to order United to eliminate and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.

According to the lawsuit, the pilot retired in 2016. United declined to comment.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-11

How in the world is this the responsibility of the airline?! Unless he was posting on their website, they have no control over what he does. If I went out and robbed a liquor store, does the store get to sue the company I work for? The only instance where the airline is involved is if he is harassing her on the job in the workplace. Where the airline is being stupid is that the postings refer to their airline, in which case they should be suing his ass into oblivion.

8 hours ago, timendres said:

How in the world is this the responsibility of the airline?! Unless he was posting on their website, they have no control over what he does. If I went out and robbed a liquor store, does the store get to sue the company I work for? The only instance where the airline is involved is if he is harassing her on the job in the workplace. Where the airline is being stupid is that the postings refer to their airline, in which case they should be suing his ass into oblivion.

Yes agree, whatever the airline employees get up to outside of company time, company premises, in the name of etc is nothing to do with the airline, how can they possibly be liable ?

Simple rule broken - don't get your meat where you get your bread.

Guess the dude wanted to brag to the world he's a man's man and he's with a stewardess.

Being a commercial pilot has no bragging rights any more, nothing but a glorified bus driver.

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Seems to be a lot of stories about lowlife (can't-bear-the-rejection) ex-b/f's publishing embarrassing photo's on the internet.

Shame she didn't get some shots of his tiny dick.

?(Thumbs up)

9 hours ago, BuckleUp said:

Simple rule broken - don't get your meat where you get your bread.

Guess the dude wanted to brag to the world he's a man's man and he's with a stewardess.

Being a commercial pilot has no bragging rights any more, nothing but a glorified bus driver.

My son is an AirBus captain for an East Asian flag carrier. I'll bet he makes substantially more than you. I hate him!

The flight crew stay in different hotels from the cabin crew.

Believe me, you want professional captains. If Americans are happy to pay peanuts good luck.

Finally, have fun with whosoever you wish. However a gentleman would not post photographs and deserves to be ostracised.

12 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes agree, whatever the airline employees get up to outside of company time, company premises, in the name of etc is nothing to do with the airline, how can they possibly be liable ?

She's trying to make the airline responsible because they have the deepest pockets.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:57 PM, from the home of CC said:

good rule of thumb - don't have sex with a co worker.

A co-worker likely shares your interests, education, income levels. A great many marriages result from workplace romances, especially now that "good girls" don't go to bars.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:56 AM, 55Jay said:

Surprised she didn't simply beat his a** the first time.

image.png.01772a010df582e2d06b3cce31086ca1.png

How the flock did she get knuckle dusters on a flight, and why is she posing with them, and a second officers jacket, in a cabin full of customers, what a nutter... 

Gimme her number immediately.

14 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

A co-worker likely shares your interests, education, income levels. A great many marriages result from workplace romances, especially now that "good girls" don't go to bars.

Good girls don't go to bars? Have you just arrived in a time machine from 1918?

Archived