Free legal advice again! This time for "annoying" smokers

webfact

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand is desperately want to be like Singapore, clean, tidy and orderly, not going to happen..Annoying? there are million thing in Thailand more annoying than seeing a cigarette butts in the street from nasty taxi drivers to archaic immigration laws and everything else in between...   

The most annoying thing is people who light up next to you in a bar without asking if you mind, or tell you to move somewhere else if you do not like. Too bad if you suffer from asthma

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, a977 said:

The most annoying thing is people who light up next to you in a bar without asking if you mind, or tell you to move somewhere else if you do not like. Too bad if you suffer from asthma

Unlikely to change anytime soon. The Japanese, Koreans and Chinese all continue to be committed smokers, and that's where the money's at. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mwbrown said:

Never once in your life you didn't leave a butt on the ground.  Doubt it.

Enough of the "But what about..."  You lose the argument when you change the subject.

Do you put a plastic bag over your head so the smoke does not blow with the wind and bother others?

So you're another that don't use diesel rides....?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, a977 said:

As a smoker, I agree 100%. The right to smoke should involve some responsibility by the smoker. At Climax, they had a designated smoking area that was glassed in, and I swear I was the only smoker that ever used it. At the local outdoor beer garden, despite ashtrays on the tables, I will step outside of the area to smoke so no one needs to smell my cigarette smoke while enjoying their delicious Thai food. It is an insignificant inconvenience for me, but a significant matter of respect for those who do not smoke.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 8:20 AM, mommysboy said:

Wow, off topic in no time at all!

I suppose the dog ends are normal litter and it's unacceptable to just throw them here and there. 

A problem comes when you apply such standards to smokers alone- general laws are for all, not just some particular cohort or another that you dislike.

Well if we want to go a bit further off topic re smokers, is there a fine for smoking in a restaurant (already illegal) and the smoke is blowing all over your children / grandchildren?

Edited by scorecard

On 8/14/2018 at 2:49 AM, webfact said:

...That is because of the 1982 law 31(1) 54...

I doubt very much that this is the correct title of the law and I don't think that I would  trust a lawyer who gives such a wrong reference. 

Those plastic bags thrown around can blow into the face of a motorbike driver with passengers, causing him to swerve in front of a car that then swerves in front of a truck that then slams on the brakes and is rear-ended by a bus, the wreckage roaring through a petrol station causing the fiery deaths of hundreds. That second-hand plastic is almost as dangerous as second-hand smoke!