Renew expired thai temp license + tourist visa

Pepper9187

Hi everyone ;

Tried to search but could not find the same situation ;

Anyone knows if renewing a thai temp driving license (expired 10 months ago) can be done on a tourist visa + certificate of residency from my embassy ?

Is the TR visa going to be a problem ? 

Thanks

Edited by Pepper9187

Hi.  Last month I renewed my expired (expired 10 months) Thai motorcycle DL.  I am in Thailand using visa on arrival and extension.  Done in Phuket Town. They gave me two years more.  Needed a certificate of residency from immigration and a medical cert for renewal.

55 minutes ago, swerve said:

Hi.  Last month I renewed my expired (expired 10 months) Thai motorcycle DL.  I am in Thailand using visa on arrival and extension.  Done in Phuket Town. They gave me two years more.  Needed a certificate of residency from immigration and a medical cert for renewal.

Great great great !

On my way !!

2 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Great great great !

On my way !!

I did the certificate of residency (or whatever it's called) at immigration one day.  Cost about 400 baht.  Then did the DL renewal the next day.  Cost 120 baht.  Hardest part is the residency papers.  My landlord had to fill out a form.  DL renewal involved watching a 50 minute video and doing a simple reaction time test.

Important to have a proper DL here to make your accident insurance valid.  

21 minutes ago, swerve said:

I did the certificate of residency (or whatever it's called) at immigration one day.  Cost about 400 baht.  Then did the DL renewal the next day.  Cost 120 baht.  Hardest part is the residency papers.  My landlord had to fill out a form.  DL renewal involved watching a 50 minute video and doing a simple reaction time test.

Important to have a proper DL here to make your accident insurance valid.  

Hi,

Yep i already renewed my license once a couple of years ago but on a non-o visa, wasn't sure about TR visa.

Anyway residency is fine, i can do it at my embassy in 5 minutes.

I got a bigbike so i'm trying not to drive with an expired DL / insurance, scoopy is fine, 230KG bike is not !

Tx

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

Hi,

Yep i already renewed my license once a couple of years ago but on a non-o visa, wasn't sure about TR visa.

Anyway residency is fine, i can do it at my embassy in 5 minutes.

I got a bigbike so i'm trying not to drive with an expired DL / insurance, scoopy is fine, 230KG bike is not !

Tx

I am thinking of the hospital cost if you get badly injured.  Travel/work insurance is usually invalid if you don't have a legal licence.  That's the main reason I have renewed.

20 hours ago, swerve said:

I am thinking of the hospital cost if you get badly injured.  Travel/work insurance is usually invalid if you don't have a legal licence.  That's the main reason I have renewed.

No worries, i'm not driving it, but the temptation is always here !

Will renew it next week.