PM Prayut tours Bangkok for first-hand look at traffic gridlock

webfact

Maybe from all the money they make from the tollways they can buy a whole fleet of new airconditioned busses wich they can let people drive on for free thats two birds in one stone i think it will get more people to take the bus and it will be much better for the enviroment taking rid of those nasty smog spewing monsters of old busses to me it seems the busses make a much faster way thru traffic then 60% of the cars and 1 more solution is to have traffic cops set up controles every day to check on people having driving licences and if not give them a real heavy fine i mean real heavy because i also think maybe over 30% of all drivers dont have a license if not more so that would take a lot of people out of the car and in to public transport but now on to my morning coffe i just had a wonderfull dream about how to solve traffic problems in bangkok ?

They should open additional offices to high trafficked government offices to the far outskirts for non Bangkok people. This will keep a lot of people out of Bangkok that have to come to these offices from outside provinces. 

The talents of the man are truly amazing. Only the other day he was an agricultural expert advising farmers on how to manage their crops. Before that he was a water resources expert ensuring highly skilled management of dams and flood mitigation. 

Today he is a traffic engineer who can solve unsolvable metropolitan traffic problems in the blink of an eye. 

However must be a problem somewhere when every single one of his attempts to achieve anything in his self appointed term of office always end in failure. But he should be given some marks for naive enthusiasm.

A ray of light shines on him according to the ruminations of Winston Churchill. While being a failure he can also be a success.

images.jpg

There already is a computerized, centralized traffic control system that was established years ago at a cost of several million dollars.  the police didn't like it so they turned it off. The police actually believe they can control the traffic by changing traffic lights by hand.  

Take a look at the Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection - where traffic is so bottle necked that it sometimes doesn't move anywhere for 10-15 minutes at a time.   A few days ago- it took me 1.5 hour to go from Soi 33 to Soi 15 a distance of less than 2 Kilometers.  

Not only does the police need to start using the automated system- they need to be out in full doing their job- directing traffic via side streets and ticketing and removing stopped and parked vehicles on Sukhumvit Road.  If the traffic flow can be improved- Taxis will not turn down fares and move commuters quickly.

In addition- the Government needs to give the BTS system an ultimatum- either improve service by putting on more cars and longer and quicker service or the contract will be terminated due to incompetence.

Oh, he will fix the traffic jams alright in 3 months. When the so-called election is called and by some remote chance people demonstrate against his corrupt junta he has a plan that will stop the traffic,  He is actually surveying the roads where he can send the tanks down. His way of thinking would be to crush the demonstration and stop the traffic in one go. Its called killing 2 birds with one stone:WPFflags:

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

Oh, he will fix the traffic jams alright in 3 months. When the so-called election is called and by some remote chance people demonstrate against his corrupt junta he has a plan that will stop the traffic,  He is actually surveying the roads where he can send the tanks down. His way of thinking would be to crush the demonstration and stop the traffic in one go. Its called killing 2 birds with one stone:WPFflags:

He also said there would be mo more flooding !!??

• Like 1

When road use is essentially free or almost free, amazingly shortages develop. Imagine the queues that would develop at airports if flights were being given away for almost nothing.

The solution is, of course, better central planning. ?

8 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Echoes of the past. People who are now being erased from Thai history made similar promises.

Someone better explain that they need to use competent traffic consultants, probably foreign, and listen to them. This will take us well past the next election date as currently proposed.

Back in 1994 a fresh faced politician called Thaksin promised to solve the problem within 6 months ?.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

THE PRIME MINISTER has ordered police stations to join the integrated efforts to ease Bangkok’s severe road congestion problems within three months.

Three months :cheesy: how about three decades for starters...

• Like 1

He does look a bit out of his comfort zone, white-knuckling that chrome pole.  His expression while engaged with the seated woman, reminds me of my encounter with a large dog this morning; is it going to wag its tail and be friendly,  or snarl and have a go at me. 

image.png.26d43cc504212094c7f3acaf4987301c.png

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut wants Bangkok traffic woes eased in three months

By THE NATION 

e2230d39833d3bb34ad2274c28e19420.jpeg

THE PRIME MINISTER has ordered police stations to join the integrated efforts to ease Bangkok’s severe road congestion problems within three months.

If he manages that he might actually be qualified to become an elected PM.

he says he is going to "fix the problem in how long?  the question is HOW!  there is no room for road expansion, even the side walks no longer really exist with the vendors taking up all the room,  the poor man will NEVER be able to fix bangkok traffic unless a major disaster takes all the cars off the road!

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

He does look a bit out of his comfort zone, white-knuckling that chrome pole.  His expression while engaged with the seated woman, reminds me of my encounter with a large dog this morning; is it going to wag its tail and be friendly,  or snarl and have a go at me. 

image.png.26d43cc504212094c7f3acaf4987301c.png

I bet they cleared the platforms , if you look outside of the window there is one sole person saluting. Not exactly your everyday train ride!

• Like 1

How out of touch do you have to be in order not to be aware of the traffic issues in Bangkok. And just saying you want something fixed rarely brings results, you actually need to have a plan and a team assigned to making it happen. I have much smaller desires, I want a sandwich....so far it has not materialized! I guess I'll make it myself (oh, a plan and a team tasked). 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM said this effort to ease traffic congestion should yield a positive result within three months and has threatened to take disciplinary action against any police station found to have been negligent.

Three months? He's delusional.  

PM Prayut tours Bangkok for first-hand look at traffic gridlock - wants traffic woes eased in three months"

So says the headline, but nowhere within the post does it say anything about "3 months" - I think 3 decades might be a bit more realistic!

And for the Prime Minister of the country to admit that "he had not  taken a skytrain ride in almost 10 years" shows how in touch with reality he is.

"Tours Bangkok for first hand look at traffic gridlock" Where has this man been for the last 10 years that he doesn't know about the traffic situation in Bangkok?

4 hours ago, cmsally said:

I bet they cleared the platforms , if you look outside of the window there is one sole person saluting. Not exactly your everyday train ride!

I was so focused on his facial expression, I completely missed the salute from the platform.  Sharp eye, Sally.  Cheers!  J.?

Edited by 55Jay

On 8/15/2018 at 7:25 PM, happy chappie said:

I bet there a few tricks up that sleeve.

B1890DEB-F83B-45C8-9AE4-0BC9F7B8C6E3-4300-000001F51C34F14E.png

I cannot see far up enough up but I do know that a deputy has some watches up his.

Edited by lvr181
Grammar correction