US Embassy clerk said this isn't the current Income Verification form

He may of had the old form saved on his computer or got it from an unofficial source.

I saw them turning down people at the embassy in June of last year for having the old affidavit form that was changed in May.

Best to always check the embassy website to be sure you have the current form. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/

• Like 1

New Wording: (my emphasis added)

I also affirm that I receive a monthly income of $                   from sources in the United States. I am applying for a Thai visa/extension of a current Thai visa, and any assistance you can provide in this request will be greatly appreciated. The U.S. Embassy does not guarantee the contents of my own sworn statement. Under penalty of perjury, I assume full and complete responsibility for the veracity of the claims herein.

Old Wording:

I also affirm that I receive US$ _________________ every month from the United States Government and/or other sources. I am applying for a Thai visa/an extension of a current Thai visa and any assistance you can provide in this request will be greatly appreciated.

"The Thai government requires all U.S. citizens with Thai retirement visas to verify their income when they renew their retirement visa annually. Please fill in and print out this income affidavit online for Bangkok (PDF 79KB) or for Chiang Mai (PDF 178KB).  Please remember not to sign the form before you come to the American Citizen Services Unit.  You will need to sign it in front of a designated officer".

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/

The Embassy left out marriage visa income affidavit

Edited by riclag

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

The Embassy left out marriage visa income affidavit

Just and omission by them when they left out the other type of extension it can be used for.

The same affidavit can be used for either category of extension.

• Thanks 1