Crackdown on foreigners using Thai nominees: DSI raid offices of law firm in Bangkok, Phuket and Samui

webfact

1 minute ago, Slotman said:

The powers that be know very well about the thousands of properties bought using the 'loophole'. Only a matter of time until they can legally take all of the property back... Imho. 

I don't think they would ever do that.

But I can see a very heavy Tax on the Horizon for them.

Thank you very big,  mister Falang. :jap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this government does now is attack attack attack. Already not a friendly environment for non Chinese foreigners and getting worse. They certainly want to keep everyone at a 3rd - 4th rate human being status all the while sucking the money. On the other hand if someone wanted to buy a condo, get inline behind the Chinese as they are first to be served and buy the biggest majority now.

I would presume a lot of property is going to become the income of the Junta. Can fund the buy offs for the junta political head hunters

57 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

so this thai law firm was advising foreigners to break the law so they got raided, rightly so

now when the DSI  go through their records and investigate all the purchases, well i bet there's some farangs who used this firm who will be shitting themselves right now.

in fact anyone who has used these methods to swerve the laws should be very concerned about their 'investments' right now.

Is there such a word as

ex-investments?

Is this the correct month for the yearly crackdown on this?

Edited by overherebc

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I can introduce you to a thousand farangs who have lost everything to their Thai wives. You may be luckier, but it will only be a matter of luck.

They've never heard of; don't 'invest' more than you can afford to lose.?

• Like 2