Webcam recommendations

tebee

I'm looking for a decent webcam, one that will mount on a tripod and with good sound quality in particular. Any suggestions ? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy something like a Logitech c930e?  https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-C930e-960-000972-USB-Webcam/dp/B00CES5A60

Being a cheapskate I'd prefer to spend much less.... 

For that price to be honest, I would not really expect too much. Depends on what you are using it for but if it is for the likes of Skype etc. then that would work just fine. I use the Logitech C170, it is nothing flash, the audio / mic works some of the time and needs to be disconnected and then reconnected to keep it working. (not sure if this is a Logitech problem or a Windows thing - I suspect Windows)

However, Logitech software these days is pretty crap as is their customer service should ever you need to use them.

If I was buying again, I would actually take a serious look at some of the higher end Microsoft webcams - They have some really nice models with excellent video quality ( I cannot vouch for the audio though!) What I would give them though is 100% on their customer service. If you ever get into a fix with their stuff you will be amazed at how quick and helpful they are if you get on to their live chat - they sorted out a huge headache I had with a Work licensed " use at home" version of Office, they took control of my PC and in 5 minutes they had fixed the entire problem - You will not get that with Logitech, and I am sure they have been taken over by some other company and their products are just not the same quality as they used to be. (They have also been buying up and taking up a few smaller tech companies - like Thrustmaster, and since they got hold of them they have ruined what used to be quite excellent products)