Anyone Had Previous Dealings?

midas

[midas, I had almost completed my detailed response to your questions when I caught myself in time. You offered one experience and I offered a counter-point experience. I am now going to lay that burden down and I humbly suggest you do the same.

My largest concern is the potential for abuse that lies with the ability do disparage someone by name while doing so from a position of anonymity that these internet forums provide. I believe that on other forums such a dispute would have been handled by the OP offering to provide the name by PM, thereby avoiding this situation.

I am surprised that the admins did not intervene in this thread. By not doing so they have seemingly given the green light to all who feel the urge to target someone by name in order to vent their personal frustrations.

May I offer a gentle caution to Pattaya residents to be extremely circumspect in your dealings with midas once he has relocated to our fair city, lest you find that you are his next target. :o

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are heaps of farang conmen operating all over LOS pulling all sorts of crazy scams and ripoffs.

one guy i used to see at an eaterie was ripping tourists for years borrowing money for his BS business, then he ripped his Thai gals family and ended up in jail in UdonThani so i heard .

and they appear to do very nicely from suckers who hand over their cash with alacrity .

[midas, I had almost completed my detailed response to your questions when I caught myself in time. You offered one experience and I offered a counter-point experience. I am now going to lay that burden down and I humbly suggest you do the same.

My largest concern is the potential for abuse that lies with the ability do disparage someone by name while doing so from a position of anonymity that these internet forums provide. I believe that on other forums such a dispute would have been handled by the OP offering to provide the name by PM, thereby avoiding this situation.

I am surprised that the admins did not intervene in this thread. By not doing so they have seemingly given the green light to all who feel the urge to target someone by name in order to vent their personal frustrations.

May I offer a gentle caution to Pattaya residents to be extremely circumspect in your dealings with midas once he has relocated to our fair city, lest you find that you are his next target. :o

You know the mentioned Swiss Dr. well.

Why don't you ask him to step forward, become a member here and let him do his explanations to the story ?

And how come said Dr. cannot be found on internet, if he had such an important function in Switzerland ?

I checked Swiss websites as well.......

Strange.

LaoPo

There's something not quite right here.

Bobbin regeisters on this forum just to defend a gentleman who it would appear is not all he claims to be. And very forthright and erudite he is too.

This is not the first time that newbies have appeared out of the blue to defend someone or a subject, and then have just as quickly disappeared from whence they came.

Time will tell.

Read this thread carefully - I leave folks to draw their own conclusions.

The great thing about this forum is that one is able to warn others of potential dangers.

I think that what midas is stating is reasonable and could potentially prevent fellow members of losing money.

There have been many many threads similar to this, some have been closed others havent. But if bobbin feels so strongly about these types of threads, how come he has never posted on them before

bobbin regarding your comment " I believe that on other forums such a dispute

would have been handled by the OP offering to provide the name by PM, thereby

avoiding this situation " - why should someone that has acted extremely suspiciously

not be exposed to members of this forum :D

if you or your friend would care to offer some plausible explanation regarding my concerns

then not only would I quickly withdraw any comments that you consider to be disparaging

of Dr. Rudolf B. Stuessi but I would go even further and post a humble apology to my

accusations :D

I wait with bated breath................................

This whole thread is a storm in a tea cup. Pattaya is full of charlatans, especially in real estate . Anyone with half a brain would not pay a year up front for a place on sight only . Sure maybee if you like the place and the landlord after the first year you might pay for the next year upfront if a considerable discount is being offered. Pattaya is a renters market. Half of the places are empty.

This whole thread is a storm in a tea cup. Pattaya is full of charlatans, especially in real estate . Anyone with half a brain would not pay a year up front for a place on sight only . Sure maybee if you like the place and the landlord after the first year you might pay for the next year upfront if a considerable discount is being offered. Pattaya is a renters market. Half of the places are empty.

Cobber I think you are dead right ! what I don't understand is the huge difference in

the Bangkok rental market compared to Pattaya. its a generalisation I know but

many of the condominium owners in the Centre of Bangkok ( i.e. around Sathorn Road )

are Thai's and there also many many vacant condos here also but these owners don't behave

like this ?

Nearly the same as i said, way back on this thread.

but more of a storm in a beer Chang bottle i .think.

You have the money in this twon and they all want it

It all comes down to your powers of negotiation that wins the day.

Amazing Thailad

This is not a go at you cobber, its just a continuation of the thread.

Little tip for all, if its property you are after, rent or buy. offer a bang out of order offer.

( that’s a low offer) leave your phone number with the desperate person.

(they are)

Do this with four different properties, one might give you a hello with a good price, above what you offered, but you get a good deal.

Repeat this many time, if you don’t hit it the first time.

Don’t listen to the BS sales pitch of anyone.

Go for it yourself.

Even where i live, the diferance that some people are asking and getting for rent and sales is unreal.

a property market with on bench mark. get what you can, is waht its about.

Estate agents and property developers,

please stay in your box’s,, its boring when you all start popping up like a bunch of jack in the box toys., on Thai Visa, when you don't like something.

Have a nice day.

Arggh! "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again!"

Yes I am a newbie to posting but not to this forum. I have been reading and enjoying Thaivisa for over 3 years now.

Mobi, I have enjoyed many of your posts in that time. But you won't be getting rid of me that easily.

LaoPo, thanks for the "erudite" comment. I have so few opportunities to use the big words while dealing with the ladies here. :D

If there have been many threads like this I seem to have missed them. And that would be strange since I often read the forum almost "cover to cover"

The big picture is so easily lost when the mud starts to fly. Many posters on this thread have swallowed the original post hook, line and sinker and swarmed onto the "accused" This is one man's characterization of events. Yet you accept them without reservation.

I stated that I had no problems in my business dealings with Dr. Steussi. With one exception, nobody seems to have noticed this point.

I suggested that midas could have made his original post in a different manner, one which is common on other forums. To date, silence on this point as well except from midas who seems loathe to give up his right(?) to publicly "name and shame"

If the OP's offer of quarterly payments had been accepted there would not have been an original post.

Why the OP travelled to Pattaya to see a single condo sourced from a newspaper is beyond me. Perhaps if his "short list" had been longer his disappointment would have been less intense.

Private Property: Does anyone dispute an owner's rights to lease or sell only on terms with which he is comfortable?

Privacy: It's a good thing. "reasonable expectation of privacy" is the bedrock of all anti-defamation and libel laws. Thailand is well supplied with these types of laws and the Thais use them or the threat of them often. And before someone suggests Dr. Steussi avail himself of them, please take a moment before doing so. Two farangs in a civil libel case? None of us would live long enough to see the outcome! :o

Arggh! "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again!"

Yes I am a newbie to posting but not to this forum. I have been reading and enjoying Thaivisa for over 3 years now.

Mobi, I have enjoyed many of your posts in that time. But you won't be getting rid of me that easily.

LaoPo, thanks for the "erudite" comment. I have so few opportunities to use the big words while dealing with the ladies here. :D

If there have been many threads like this I seem to have missed them. And that would be strange since I often read the forum almost "cover to cover"

The big picture is so easily lost when the mud starts to fly. Many posters on this thread have swallowed the original post hook, line and sinker and swarmed onto the "accused" This is one man's characterization of events. Yet you accept them without reservation.

I stated that I had no problems in my business dealings with Dr. Steussi. With one exception, nobody seems to have noticed this point.

I suggested that midas could have made his original post in a different manner, one which is common on other forums. To date, silence on this point as well except from midas who seems loathe to give up his right(?) to publicly "name and shame"

If the OP's offer of quarterly payments had been accepted there would not have been an original post.

Why the OP travelled to Pattaya to see a single condo sourced from a newspaper is beyond me. Perhaps if his "short list" had been longer his disappointment would have been less intense.

Private Property: Does anyone dispute an owner's rights to lease or sell only on terms with which he is comfortable?

Privacy: It's a good thing. "reasonable expectation of privacy" is the bedrock of all anti-defamation and libel laws. Thailand is well supplied with these types of laws and the Thais use them or the threat of them often. And before someone suggests Dr. Steussi avail himself of them, please take a moment before doing so. Two farangs in a civil libel case? None of us would live long enough to see the outcome! :o

bobbin I several other properties on that day - but what on earth does that have to do with the subject i.e.

whether others should be cautious about dealing with this man ?

" If the OP's offer of quarterly payments had been accepted there would not have been an original post "

- you are quite incorrect here my man because by the time we got on to discussing quarterly payments

-the alarm bells were well and truly ringing with me anyway and he had lost his credibility :D - so I would still have made this post :D

If you or Dr Stuessi ( you wrote his name incorrectly incidentally ! ) feel I have incorrectly accused him

- I will make you AN OFFER YOU and HE CANNOT REFUSE !!

like you I have also enjoyed Thai Visa over the past four years - particularly the travel forum.

But I am now prepared to put all this on the line. I challenge you :-

this goes to the heart of this man's credibility !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you or Dr Stuessi overcome this HUGE question ? can you show your proof in this forum

before all the other readers - or you can send your information to me privately by PM !

as to why no one at the office of the Federal Department of Justice and Police General Secretariat

in Switzerland has ever heard of this man after his claim to have been President of the criminal court ?

IF you can prove me wrong on this one issue - I will hang my head in shame and I undertake

NEVER to make another entry on this forum ever again ! :D

Cobber I think you are dead right ! what I don't understand is the huge difference in

the Bangkok rental market compared to Pattaya. its a generalisation I know but

many of the condominium owners in the Centre of Bangkok ( i.e. around Sathorn Road )

are Thai's and there also many many vacant condos here also but these owners don't behave

like this ?

Its because there are more idiots in Pattaya than in Bangkok that get conned for these rediculous prices and conditions. They keep pulling these stunts because there is a continual stream of suckers that fall for them.

Too many are comparing the prices to what they would pay back in their previous countries and even though they are paying 5 or 10 times what it is realy worth they still think it is a good deal .

LaoPo, thanks for the "erudite" comment. I have so few opportunities to use the big words while dealing

Arggh - wachit!! I'll sue you for misquoting!! :o

Now you've come out of the computer, I hope to read your erudite posts for many months to come :D

Its because there are more idiots in Pattaya than in Bangkok that get conned for these rediculous prices and conditions. They keep pulling these stunts because there is a continual stream of suckers that fall for them.

that's what I had already put it down to ! :o

I stated that I had no problems in my business dealings with Dr. Steussi.....

And before someone suggests Dr. Steussi avail himself of them,.....

Since you keep calling Dr. Rudolf B. Stuessi,....Dr. Steussi, maybe these persons are two different characters.

Than the whole cased is solved.

ps: I checked both names.

One certain Rudolf Stuessi was mayor of Zurich/Switzerland but he died in 1443...

The other was born in 1947 in Switzerland and is a wellknown artpainter, living in Canada.

The name Steussi is extremely rare, but no Dr. Rudolf Steussi.

LaoPo

I stated that I had no problems in my business dealings with Dr. Steussi.....

And before someone suggests Dr. Steussi avail himself of them,.....

Since you keep calling Dr. Rudolf B. Stuessi,....Dr. Steussi, maybe these persons are two different characters.

Than the whole cased is solved.

ps: I checked both names.

One certain Rudolf Stuessi was mayor of Zurich/Switzerland but he died in 1443...

The other was born in 1947 in Switzerland and is a wellknown artpainter, living in Canada.

The name Steussi is extremely rare, but no Dr. Rudolf Steussi.

LaoPo

Mate never mind " Judge " Steussi - if that guy is a lawyer of kind I am a monkeys uncle :o

Mobi, you are correct..almost. I did not misquote you, I failed to attribute the quote to you. My apologies. :o

LaoPo, my apologies to you for putting words in your mouth. :D

There is a failure to engage on what I see as the real issues here.

Instead we are served misdirection. The whole case for the prosecution now hinges on whether or not he may or may not have inflated his resume.

Not on whether or not he would have provided a reasonable product or service for a reasonable price if terms had been agreed upon.

Not on whether or not he would have been a reasonable landlord.(In my experience he was a reasonable landlord)

Not on is it correct behaviour to make posts of this nature from behind the mask of anonymity.

Incidently, subsequent to being a tenant of his, I did enter into an agreement with another landlord to pay a year in advance. So have two friends of mine. All seperate landlords. All of us did this to receive significant reductions in rent. So the concept, while not without risk, is not unheard of.

All of us are at risk of being pilloried in a public forum by an unknown accuser if a post like this goes unchallenged. Because that is the slippery slope. :D

The whole case for the prosecution now hinges on whether or not he may or may not have inflated his resume.

No- its to try and get some handle on his credibility –so far he has failed miserably

And incidentally bobbin it wasn't his " resume " -he kept waffling about his impressive background and credentials -

totally unsolicited ! He knew by then that I didn't trust him or his proposals !

Not on whether or not he would have provided a reasonable product or service for a reasonable price if terms had been agreed upon.

You are incorrect regarding this also –bobbin you may be a much bigger risk taker than me but before I had over

a wad of cash to someone I want to at least feel I can trust them –its not only “if terms had been agreed

upon “

Now we have got all the quotes and misquotes out of our hair...

Just a thought......

Did it ever occur to anyone who is paying a year in advance to farang landlord (or to any landlord for that matter) that they may be paying inflated rent to a 'middleman' and that he may be passing on a reduced rent on a monthly basis to the genuine Thai landlord?

In all my years of renting property in Thailand - and some pretty expensive stuff at that, I have never been asked for more than 2 month's deposit and have never paid anything other than monthly rent. I'm not saying that such contracts don't exist, but this 'year in advance stuff' sounds strictly dodgy. I would recommend that renters avoid such contracts at all costs. There is plenty of property availbale on monthly rents.

And if I was renting from any farang landlord - unlesss I knew of him peronally - I would demand documentary, legal proof , that he had the right to rent said property, and I would pay a few bob to a lawyer to have it checked out thoroughly.

We are talking about big bucks here, you can't be too careful in LOS, or is it the LOC (Land of Cons)? :o

Did it ever occur to anyone who is paying a year in advance to farang landlord (or to any landlord for that matter) that they may be paying inflated rent to a 'middleman' and that he may be passing on a reduced rent on a monthly basis to the genuine Thai landlord?

interesting .........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One further thought...

It is quite common practise here for landlords to charge you a higher rent than they are were originally looking for and pay the difference to a Thai 'middleman' or agent, who introduced you to the property. That is why you will sometimes find that tentants in the same building, renting at the same time, pay diffferent rents.

So what I was suggesting in my previous post is not so far fetched, and is just a variation on an existing practice.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Another reason not to pay 12 months advance rental unless you know the

landlord extremely well is because of another peculiarity of Pattaya lease agreements

I have noticed compared to Bangkok leases.

You may see a paragraph something along the following lines in some agreements -this is just

an example of the phraseology :-

" If in the landlords opinion the tenant is in breach of any conditions or regulations

the lease will be immediately terminated and the tenant will not be entitled to a refund

of any deposit ".

how many people would be 100% familiar with the " conditions " or the regulations

of the building :o

Firstly you could potentially drive a bus through a paragraph in a lease that says something

along those lines because it's in the "]" landlords opinion " that you are in breach of

the lease. Normal landlords are not so likely to invoke that paragraph unnecessarily

because they have no motive to do so i.e. they would be losing their income if they terminate the lease.

But just say for example an unscrupulous operator had collected 12 months rent from you

and then say 2 months into the lease invokes this provision unjustifiably ? If you complained

to the Thai police or your lawyer the other side could just wave the piece of paper in front

of you that you willingly signed ?

Being able to pocket the 10 months rent leftover could certainly be a motive

to do this sort of thing - it's just another thought

Mobi, you make a valid point about doing your homework before handing over the money. A good first stop would be the condo management. Next stop would be a lawyer's office.

However, neither myself nor either of my friends actually did this. :o Both of my friends are now into the 2nd year of their arrangements without incident, while I have purchased my own condo.

Your suggestion is the more prudent course of action.

midas, I am in agreement with your latest post. I would not be comfortable signing a contract containing that phrase or one substantially like it. If it was not possible to agree on a clause that, while protecting the landlord's interests, also protected my interests as a renter, I would terminate negotiations. i.e. no eviction without cause and no financial incentive to the landlord. The only acceptable reason to retain the security deposit is to cover damages by the tenant. No damages no retention of the deposit. A properly worded clause could cover someone paying a year in advance by requiring the landlord to refund any balance. This would remove the financial incentive to evict the renter but still allow the landlord to evict an unsuitable tenant if he was willing to forego the income.

midas, I am in agreement with your latest post.

bobbin I am pleased we can finally agree on something :D I have seen a few properties and

in every case I ask for copy of the draft lease very early on in the discussions-that's why I'm

so familiar with the phraseology in Pattaya leases.

In Thailand people need to be more aware of what their signing -in particular in a place like Pattaya.

What aroused my suspicion regarding the hypothetical scenario I described above was that

in one lease I saw, one of the conditions which would entitle the landlord to claim breach of

lease terms if the tenant had an overnight guest - can you believe this ?? :D - in Pattaya of all places.

I am not kidding - the guy did not want the tenant to have overnight guests on the grounds that by having an

overnight guest the tenant could have subleased

or assigned possession of the premises to another party without the owners

consent - GIVE ME A BREAK :o

and the person who claimed to be the owner in that case was also a farang. What

possible motive with any landlord have for including that sort of provision ?

Well I am also a lurker, I have registered but can rarely add to the my opinion as I am using the forum as a learning tool.

But, I would like to add that just because this person tried it on and then when he seen a potential tenant showing doubt he went into a bit of a "walter mitty" persona, in business you buy for as little as you can sell for as much as you can and the bit in between is your profit.

Maybe this chap is in a bit of a financial fix, maybe he has been burned by dodgy tenants from BKK with very good fake references that then sublet his property,for a year in advance, so that he had to go to court to get back from the sublet tenants. Maybe his original tenant that illegally sublet only paid one month in advance and then a months deposit.

We can not possibly know the full story, the whole of this thread appears to be a crusade against one man's clumsy attempts to make himself seem more important and seem more trustworthy to try and get a tenant, so what if he didn't go into details over the phone maybe he thought he could nail down a deal in person or maybe he was desperate and was hoping to negotiate a deal more benificial for himself than the tenant, somebody that is trying to sell will always want more and the buyer will always want to pay less, that is just business, the last time I checked it wasn't a capital offence to exagerate, and if midas feels upset then he should grow up, you state you have an LLB from the UK, but own a condo in australia, but nobody on the board is asking you to prove this, you have gone on a public forum and slated somebodies business practices and also their character, this chap tried it on and you felt you couldn't trust him so he tried bull@@it as a way to save the deal, you shold grow up and move on, maybe you have made it all up and have some other motive, but when a newbie posts in this guys defence some think that it may be the guy himself trying to defend himself, so what, if your name was put on a public forum and your life and statements put up to ridicule then maybe you would do the same , or maybe it is a genuine poster with dealings with this guy.

But, in all honesty if you feel that your time was wasted going to pattaya for the day, then why waste your time trying to investigate the guys story, life isn't fare and people will try and make a buck where they can, or a least they do in the real world where I live.

In my experience most leases are heavily weighed in favour of the lessor as most seem to have a `belt and bracers`attitude to leases with little or no leeway for the lessee.

You will also find on occasions strange and unusual clauses which have been built into leases by the lessor usually because they have experienced bad situations caused by lessees in the past.

At the end of the day the lessor has to protect his property and his income.

The best way for the lessee to protect himself is to pay as little in deposit as possible after all once the lessor has the money then the lessee can become exposed if there are problems with the property or if it is sold whilst the lessee is still in occupation.

A landlord wants to be paid the rent and have good tenants who do not cause any undue problems and the tenant wants a trouble free lease period.

If you are unable to understand the `jargon` of the lease and you still want to lease the property then a reputable lawer who deals with leases will go through it with you.

If you feel uncomfortable for any reason about taking on a lease then don`t do it

Well I am also a lurker.....

......But, I would like to add that just because this person tried it on and then when he seen a potential tenant showing doubt he went into a bit of a "walter mitty" persona, in business you buy for as little as you can sell for as much as you can and the bit in between is your profit.

Maybe this chap is in a bit of a financial fix, maybe he has been burned by dodgy tenants from BKK with very good fake references that then sublet his property,for a year in advance, so that he had to go to court to get back from the sublet tenants. Maybe his original tenant that illegally sublet only paid one month in advance and then a months deposit.

or maybe it is a genuine poster with dealings with this guy.

But, in all honesty if you feel that your time was wasted going to pattaya for the day, then why waste your time trying to investigate the guys story, life isn't fare and people will try and make a buck where they can, or a least they do in the real world where I live.

Two newbies jumping to defend our gallant would be Swiss landlord now. :D

And newbie No.2 comes up with a most convoluted explanation of what the military gentleman was up to.

Most curious.

The plot thickens :o

......But, I would like to add that just because this person tried it on and then when he seen a potential tenant showing doubt he went into a bit of a "walter mitty" persona, in business you buy for as little as you can sell for as much as you can and the bit in between is your profit.

Two newbies jumping to defend our gallant would be Swiss landlord now. :D

And newbie No.2 comes up with a most convoluted explanation of what the military gentleman was up to.

Most curious.

Well why don't you check my previous posts, or would you like to check when I joined, it would be quite clever of me to join then say little for nearly a year just so I can defend myself using a different persona, I have always thought there was much to be learned on the TV board, but now I can see that some are more than a little immature.

I deal with idiots all day long in my career, I have no reason to defend this "Dr" but feel that he was being attacked in a one sided fashion which I felt was unwarranted and a little bit too spiteful for my liking, I don't normally bother to comment on such things but I think some of the board members are maybe a bit more childish than I had expected, intelligence and knowledge are not a prerequisite for maturity, and an ability to read between the lines of a one sided account of events.

If the fact that I don't spend all day long posting is something that you are all free to draw your own conclusions from.

I have also never been to Thailand but will be coming over for a diving trip later this year, with a view to a possible retirement when the time comes, I have a nice final salary government pension to look forward to.

But these comments made in this thread and then the pathetic comments made which are directed at me, because I am a newbie(with few posts) I suppose even though I have been a member for a year, I have no time for people that bully, wether the bullying is of a physical or verbal manner, it is all the same, what exactly is meant by "the plot thickens", I am afraid I can't take someone to be correct because they have posted a lot or because they live or have lived in thailand, I look at the wider picture and come up with my own conclusion, this entire thread is about some board members personal problem with a "Dr" in thailand, but would any businessman, wether reputable or not, throw away the chance of making a easy return on capital. I think that we all know the answer, life isn't free, and when it comes to money, I put the food on the table in my house and pay my own bills, but if I have a chance of making a better return then I will take it.

It is a dog eat dog world, If I thought that I could get a year in advance then I would do so, if I was a landlord, if board members want to take my defence of a man I do not know personally as some kind of "plot" then they should grow up.

I have to admit I had thought better of the members on the board, as I always thought it was a flamefree zone, so why the unmoderated, one sided, events of this particular thread.

One more thing the OP posted in january about getting some form of discount for paying 12 months in advance, and that he considered something similiar with his own apartment in OZ, this was 21/01/2007, so the plot that I have been accused of thickening has indeed thickened, maybe the true story is that midas tried to get a discount from this "Dr" and when his plan was unsuccessful he decided to start a little character assasination on a thailand related website to try and make it hard for him to rent out his flat to the expat/falang market.

Just my view, I may be wrong but I will always give the person I am making accusations about the chance to defend himself, and set me straight.

Yes, indeed the plot does thicken.

Edited by bigjl

Two newbies jumping to defend our gallant would be Swiss landlord now. :bah:

Most curious.

Well why don't you check my previous posts, or would you like to check when I joined, it would be quite clever of me to join then say little for nearly a year just so I can defend myself using a different persona, I have always thought there was much to be learned on the TV board, but now I can see that some are more than a little immature.

I deal with idiots all day long in my career, I have no reason to defend this "Dr" but feel that he was being attacked in a one sided fashion which I felt was unwarranted and a little bit too spiteful for my liking, I don't normally bother to comment on such things but I think some of the board members are maybe a bit more childish than I had expected, intelligence and knowledge are not a prerequisite for maturity, and an ability to read between the lines of a one sided account of events.

If the fact that I don't spend all day long posting is something that you are all free to draw your own conclusions from.

I have also never been to Thailand but will be coming over for a diving trip later this year, with a view to a possible retirement when the time comes, I have a nice final salary government pension to look forward to.

But these comments made in this thread and then the pathetic comments made which are directed at me, because I am a newbie(with few posts) I suppose even though I have been a member for a year, I have no time for people that bully, wether the bullying is of a physical or verbal manner, it is all the same, what exactly is meant by "the plot thickens", I am afraid I can't take someone to be correct because they have posted a lot or because they live or have lived in thailand, I look at the wider picture and come up with my own conclusion, this entire thread is about some board members personal problem with a "Dr" in thailand, but would any businessman, wether reputable or not, throw away the chance of making a easy return on capital. I think that we all know the answer, life isn't free, and when it comes to money, I put the food on the table in my house and pay my own bills, but if I have a chance of making a better return then I will take it.

It is a dog eat dog world, If I thought that I could get a year in advance then I would do so, if I was a landlord, if board members want to take my defence of a man I do not know personally as some kind of "plot" then they should grow up.

I have to admit I had thought better of the members on the board, as I always thought it was a flamefree zone, so why the unmoderated, one sided, events of this particular thread.

My goodness! :D

You must have be having a boring Sunday afternoon. :D

Are you all snowed in or something? :bah:

You won't last long around here if you haven't a got a sense of humour :D

The estimable Herr, Col, court president, Dr.Rudolf B.Stuessi. must be laughing all the way to the kennels in his dog eat dog world. :D

Yes, I have a sense of humour but I just felt that this bloke was being singled out unjustly, and when you see midas' thread about getting a discount for paying a years rent in advance only a few weeks ago it puts his comments into perspective.

By all means he could have asked if anybody had dealings with the guy but then he went straight into this is what happened mode and put his point of view forward, it is everyones right to be a pillock and to exagerate, but I still find it unfair to berate the guy completely, and publically, maybe I have spent so long in the Emergency services in the UK that I automatically try and help, and try and bring about a resolution, after seeing both viewpoints.