Family Visit Visas debated in Parliament

Yesterday, parliament discussed the important issue of Family Visitor Visa Rules. Under current rules, if a British Citizens is married to a citizen from a particular list of countries, very strict requirements must be met just so that a foreign family member can visit for a short period of under six months.

With Britain's rules for Family Residence Visas also among the strictest in the world, many British Citizens married to foreign spouses are being forced to go years without any contact with their partner. This has lead to foreign spouses missing the birth of their children, as well as missing graduations, funerals and other important family events.

By upholding these current Visa rules the UK Government is clearly breaching it's Citizens Human Right to a Family Life, and in cases where children are involved, they display a complete disregard for the welfare of the children.

It was great to see such positive and compassionate support from both the Labour party and the SNP. Unfortunately, I must express great disappointment in the comments made by the Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes, who showed very little knowledge or understanding of the issue. By refusing to even acknowledge that a problem exists, Caroline Nokes clearly displays that the hostile Environment is as strong as ever.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-09/debates/276864D0-6324-4C48-AEE6-AA007C9CB666/FamilyVisitorVisas

Just now, Maradona 10 said:

As I have been saying for weeks now it's a disgrace, but listen to some people on here and they will tell you that it's a very fair system and that 96% of visas are granted. Utter nonsense.

I keep getting criticism for even suggesting they may be problems within the system, the evidence is overwhelming that it is not fair or very compassionate. The Tory scum response to the debate is exactly what I expected.

13 minutes ago, darren1971 said:

I keep getting criticism for even suggesting they may be problems within the system, the evidence is overwhelming that it is not fair or very compassionate. The Tory scum response to the debate is exactly what I expected.

It's not compassionate at all. My wife was first refused a visa in 2009 6 months after our first child was born. I ended up taking our daughterback to the UK on my own as my Dad was gravely ill and I obviously wanted them (daughter and grandfather) to meet each other. On the second attempt in 2011 my wife got her visa. My dad passed away in 2010 so they never met. I read on here the ECO's are fair.

British parliament. They open their mouths and words dribble out but not much happens in a hurry. A more useless bunch of mass debators would be hard to find.

Last sentence sums it up. A hostile environment as strong as ever.

3 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

It's not compassionate at all. My wife was first refused a visa in 2009 6 months after our first child was born. I ended up taking our daughterback to the UK on my own as my Dad was gravely ill and I obviously wanted them (daughter and grandfather) to meet each other. On the second attempt in 2011 my wife got her visa. My dad passed away in 2010 so they never met. I read on here the ECO's are fair.

I can only imagine how that must have felt, the worse I have had to deal with is not being able to see my girlfriend. I'm just putting in my 6th visit visa, 3 granted, 2 refused and 1 pending.

5 hours ago, darren1971 said:

The Home Office made profits of up to 800% on some immigration applications from families. The cost to the Home Office of processing a naturalisation application is £372.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/24/reduce-home-office-fees-say-mps-campaigners

That sounds like a fantastic country and government. Where I come from the authorities and goverment offices are prohibited from making a profit.

10 hours ago, darren1971 said:

Essentially if the UK are setting the rules they are more than happy to screw their own citizens, and we voted to leave the EU... future looks gloomy

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 15.52.07.png

They give a decision the same day if you pay for the premium service?? Same day? Can't believe that. If true it would be a no brainer if you could afford it.

Archived