VIDEO: Thai man punches female shop assistant in the face over faulty iPhone

webfact

5 minutes ago, varun said:

This has been a long time coming.

Appalling customer service and the no-refund / no exchange policy has started to drive Thai customers over the edge.

Expect to see more of this in the future.

Sadly , I agree.

Lots here are taking the staffs word for it that the product is fine.

If that was the case , why is he still angry?

Ive had a restaurant full of  staff tell me that there was nothing wrong with the 1550 baht bottle of wine they opened at my table. The smell told us it was 'corked' immediately.  But no ,  even though they all admitted that they didnt drink wine , and wouldnt sample this off bottle , they all insisted it was fine.

Staff here will tell the consumer anything the boss wants us to hear.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Never had the same problems with phones in my youth ! 

image.png.3feff28458b50a685633eede4a5e9979.png

Me born in 1957.  We had some really old fashioned rotary dial phones in my neighborhood and at my grandparents house.  One right out of the old 1920 gangster movies! I remember in so many houses stinging together wires to make a phone extension cord, trying to match up the 4 color wires that were in the old 4 prong wall plug.  My dad kind of liked technical toys and we were one of the first push button phones on the street.

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Even if the female shop assistance was making a fool of the customer and refusing to acknowledge the faulty device....not a reason to punch her on the face. Morality, never buy Apple gear in Thailand from resellers....go to the official Apple online store or to the official Apple flagship store in Bangkok when it opens !

Have bought two Apple computers and replaced my aging iPad at Studio 7. Have always received the best assistance if I needed any advice. The reseller has my confidence. Just wish the prices would reflect my reduced retirement income but that, I think is an Apple decision.

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Even if the female shop assistance was making a fool of the customer and refusing to acknowledge the faulty device....not a reason to punch her on the face. M

I think the reason is, there are no consumer protections in Thailand, so I may as well have a go myself.

This guy didn't punch the person he was arguing with but the woman who tried to close the to prevent further interaction. A coward with no self control at all. Being dissatisfied of a purchase is no reason for violence. 

& all of this could of been avoided

So he went in to the store wanting a replacement or refund

But the person serving him checked the phone & said all was ok NO refund or exchange 

Which brings me to this conclusion

If the phone was functioning correctly then why in the hell didn't the shop assistant prove this by taking a scan of the mans face then prove it still works 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

, was annoyed that the facial recognition feature on his new iPhone X wouldn’t scan his face.

Happens if you lost face before bcoz you walk around in flip flops which are 4 sizes too big for your feet.

Send him to jail. There is no excuse for this type of behaviour although can sympathise with his predicament.

These large resellers are getting away with robbery. A friend of my wifes spent 40k on the latest apple iphone, part of the advertising campaign was that it is waterproof and can go to depths of 1.5 m. She took it into the pool to take some pics of her children and the phone barely went under the surface. Result.... one broken iphone. The resellers attitude.... nothing doing.... not our problem! 40K down the drain. Disgraceful.

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Even if the female shop assistance was making a fool of the customer and refusing to acknowledge the faulty device....not a reason to punch her on the face. Morality, never buy Apple gear in Thailand from resellers....go to the official Apple online store or to the official Apple flagship store in Bangkok when it opens !

Lets see if they can explain imaginary faults to Neanderthals without getting punched.

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Obviously it was wrong to hit the assistant...that said....I'm kinda glad to see someone stand up for themselves and not just take things lying down.

I've seen it a thousand times before but yesterday I was walking on the footpath in Surin city with "she who must be obeyed" and had to move out onto the busy main road because all along the footpath in front of a long store selling pick-up's.... was blocked completely with their vehicles on display, so much so that the front wheels were hanging out over the outer edge of the footpath. I looked at the Mrs. and she just takes these things for granted 

I asked her if she doesn't see anything wrong with us having to risk our lives stepping out onto a busy main road because the shop owner decides to use our footpath for his own use to make money. .. Response..."the blank stare syndrome".

Real men do not hit women.

Full stop,period.

Oh yeah..males "standing up for themselves.."

He'd be down on his knees graaping and wai-ng if someone gave him the flogging he deserves.

16 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

While I don't condone violence, the attitude of the staff at these sores in Bangkok

is terrible.

I have often looked at phones on display [at good prices]with the intention of buying, only to be told" I sorry but we don't have any of those left".

And the steered to a dearer version of the same phone.

If the bloody thing is unavailable why put"sucker stickers" on them?

I once went to a mall to buy a new phone. There was one particular make I was interested in, and they had a huge life-size cardboard display advertising it in the window. My wife asked a salesperson about the phone and they had no idea what she was talking about and she had to take the assistant outside the shop to point out what was in their own window. That put me off, as did a crowded counter where people had brought back their faulty phones.

We went to another store and I was interested in one in a display case. But they couldn't find the key to open the case. So on to a third shop, where the assistant was so knowledgeable and helpful that not only did I buy a phone there but my wife did too.

And I've suffered countless times from the 'no habb' thing. I've actually saved enough money by not being able to buy something on display to cover a return flight to Europe. I even had one assistant carefully describe an item to me in great detail for several minutes, and when I said I'd buy it - 'no habb'. It's utterly impossible to understand the Thai mind.

By the way, a sort of scam goes on some of the big chain stores. An assistant will be dressed in the store's uniform, but in fact they are there representing one company's tv/washing machine/fridge etc and will try to guide you away from an item you are more interested in. Sneaky and untrustworthy, but just the usual Thai smoke and mirrors where we never really know what is going on.

Archived