Did I Get Lucky ?

I used up 3 voe since oct and then I went to Laos to get a 60 day tourist visa and I got it. I manage to get back to Thailand and had a visa good for 60 days..was this luck or what?

I'm back in the US now and I want to know if I can get a visa from the consulate here? I plan to ask for multi-entry tourist. I just want to make sure before I mail my passport. Thanks for the help.

I used up 3 voe since oct and then I went to Laos to get a 60 day tourist visa and I got it. I manage to get back to Thailand and had a visa good for 60 days..was this luck or what? -- No, normal permission to stay if you have a Tourist visa is 60 days. Can be extended at immigration for a further 30 days. :D

I'm back in the US now and I want to know if I can get a visa from the consulate here? I plan to ask for multi-entry tourist. I just want to make sure before I mail my passport. Thanks for the help. -- There is actually no such thing as a 'multi' Tourist Visa, you buy a set number of entries. The Tourist Visa has a validity (must enter) period of 6 months from date of issue, so assuming you're going to use the extensions available, you don't need to buy more than three entries.

EDIT Forgot to say :D to :o

Edited by Crossy

IF you plan on spending any more than 'tourist time' here with the munchkins in the glorious "Land 'O Thais", and are already in the US, DON'T even fool with a tourist visa.

There are 'soft touch' consulates in the US where you can get a Non-Immigrant Type O Multiple Entry Visa for just the application fee & photo. There is NO qualification about being married to a munchkin, supporting one or more, or anything.

Add into the fact you border run only every 90 days, and get 15 months out of a 12 month visa, it's a hands down winner. It's like gold here and well worth the $125US.