New passport

I have seen a few replies, mainly from @ubonjoe (who is exemplary) on this before, but they all seem to be from previous years or at least 6+ months old.

I have a new UK passport.  My previous UK passport had a Non-B 1 year and the entry stamp.

Travelling back to Cambodia (work permit there) but did not go to Chang Watthana in the last few days to transfer the stamp (as done previously as I need a new UK passport renewal every 2 years).

Therefore, is it still current that I can go to Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration and hand over my OLD passport and NEW one and gain the EXIT stamp?  Do I also need the letter embossed by the British Embassy asking, kindly, to transfer the stamp or not?

Appreciate the input.

Edited by whinginggit
Changed entry to EXIT stamp

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you do not have to go immigration to have your stamps transferred. Or have a letter from the embassy.

You show both passport on departure from the country to have your entry stamp transferred to the new one and be stamped out of the country in it. Then on entry you will show both passports to use the visa in the old passport.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whinginggit said:

Therefore, is it still current that I can go to Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration and hand over my OLD passport and NEW one and gain the EXIT stamp?  Do I also need the letter embossed by the British Embassy asking, kindly, to transfer the stamp or not?

Yes. They will transfer the entry stamp at the border and stamp you out in the new passport. No letter required.

You have nothing that needs to be transferred. They will not transfer visas to new passports, only stamps giving permission to stay. As you’re leaving there is no need to transfer the entry stamp as it can be done on exit.

If you have a valid multiple entry non ‘B’ visa you can keep using it by showing both passports on entry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you do not have to go immigration to have your stamps transferred. Or have a letter from the embassy.

You show both passport on departure from the country to have your entry stamp transferred to the new one and be stamped out of the country in it. Then on entry you will show both passports to use the visa in the old passport.

Thank you ever so much.  Information is indeed greatly appreciated.

Case closed.

Many thanks again

12 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes. They will transfer the entry stamp at the border and stamp you out in the new passport. No letter required.

You have nothing that needs to be transferred. They will not transfer visas to new passports, only stamps giving permission to stay. As you’re leaving there is no need to transfer the entry stamp as it can be done on exit.

If you have a valid multiple entry non ‘B’ visa you can keep using it by showing both passports on entry.

Thank you ever so much for your valid input too.  Greatly appreciated.

Always good to have a double definite.  

Have a great week ahead.