Any unlimited 4g data packages for pre-paid SIMs?

simon43

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questions about unlimited (no volume limit) are indeed frequently asked in the Mobile forum. 

Like these two recent:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1049754-new-sim-card-package-help/

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1049226-ais-6-month-a-6-mbps-1800-baht/

Or are you searching for unlimited volume AND speed?

AIS have a Max Speed option (320Mbps I believe) which gives you 8GB at the top speed before dropping to 64kbps. That is 799 ++ for 30 days

They also have a 300Mbps package that gives you Unlimited 4G at 300 Mbps and Unlimited 3G at 4Mbps for 30 days (no fallback) which costs 1500 ++

Unlimited 3/4G at max speed of 6Mbps (no fallback) for 550 ++ for 30 days

These are all ADD-ONS though to existing SIM packages.  So you need to be paying for a call package as well.

I have pre-paid DTAC sim, up until recently I had a monthly deal that was 500 Bt a month and gave me unlimited data at 4mbps. I do heaps of downloading, all day long from music-sharing blogs, so I've been looking around for faster d/l. I've just started a new one with DTAC (10mbps) but they don't offer a monthly deal, it's 199 Bt (plus VAT) for 7 days. I'm happy with it, much faster d/l speeds. I'll have to go to a DTAC store next Monday to top up again, or I can put sufficient credit on my device and it will roll over automatically. I also checked AIS and the fastest they had in pre-paid unlimited was 6mbps, so as far as I can tell DTAC 10mbps unlimited for 7 days at approx 220 Bt is best.

18 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Yes, thats the only one I know of as well, referred to in post#2 above. I pay 39THB/24hrs when I need it.

It's outstanding value for me. Unlimited fast d/l speed for a month will be around 850Bt, that's about $35aud. When I'm in Oz I pay that for Vodafone and get something like 15gig d/l, which I can use up in a few days, when in Oz I really have to conserve my internet usage, here I can d/l to my heart's content all day all night.

8 hours ago, seancbk said:

AIS have a Max Speed option (320Mbps I believe) which gives you 8GB at the top speed before dropping to 64kbps. That is 799 ++ for 30 days

They also have a 300Mbps package that gives you Unlimited 4G at 300 Mbps and Unlimited 3G at 4Mbps for 30 days (no fallback) which costs 1500 ++

Unlimited 3/4G at max speed of 6Mbps (no fallback) for 550 ++ for 30 days

These are all ADD-ONS though to existing SIM packages.  So you need to be paying for a call package as well.

No. You don't need to pay for a call package. 

You just buy a SIM costing around 50 baht or just buy a Marathon SIM which includes free calls.

• 1 month later...

Do these unlimited 4g packages require one to buy a 4g 'hotspot' box?  Or can one use an existing prepay (top-up) SIM in a 4g mobile phone?

I currently use a top-up SIM here in Myanmar (MPT network), and get typical up/down rates in Myanmar of 40 mbit/s (LTE 4g network).  Unfortunately, that high data rate gets' stuffed' when I make international internet connections, because the international internet gateway between Myanmar and 'the world' is a bottleneck.

My plan is to relocate from Naypyitaw to the town of Myawaddy, which is right on the border with Thailand, and then to access the Thai 4g networks to do my online teaching, (thus bypassing the bottleneck gateway).

Real-world measurement data indicates that reception of the Thai 4g networks is possible up to a few Km into the town of Myawaddy.

Also, any ideas how much data would be used per hour for a video connection? Just in case I get a package (not unlimited) mobile service.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Do these unlimited 4g packages require one to buy a 4g 'hotspot' box?

No. All will work in a normal phone.

Some packages can be added to an existing SIM but some require a new SIM (and number). My True package is one of those. So for the ones that require a second SIM you can use a dual-SIM phone, or a second phone, or a 4G hotspot. I went with the 4G USB hotspot as I can easily move it from car to house to hotel as needed, and my dual-SIM phone already had two SIMs in it. I would need a triple-SIM phone.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Do these unlimited 4g packages require one to buy a 4g 'hotspot' box?  Or can one use an existing prepay (top-up) SIM in a 4g mobile phone?

I currently use a top-up SIM here in Myanmar (MPT network), and get typical up/down rates in Myanmar of 40 mbit/s (LTE 4g network).  Unfortunately, that high data rate gets' stuffed' when I make international internet connections, because the international internet gateway between Myanmar and 'the world' is a bottleneck.

My plan is to relocate from Naypyitaw to the town of Myawaddy, which is right on the border with Thailand, and then to access the Thai 4g networks to do my online teaching, (thus bypassing the bottleneck gateway).

Real-world measurement data indicates that reception of the Thai 4g networks is possible up to a few Km into the town of Myawaddy.

Also, any ideas how much data would be used per hour for a video connection? Just in case I get a package (not unlimited) mobile service.

This question was answered in detail in one of the other threads you started and then, as is becoming usual, you abandon.

So perhaps go back to one of the other threads you have started and find the information there.

One poster has recently stated that purchasing a 4G MiFi has stabilised his connection speed; 

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

I currently use a top-up SIM here in Myanmar (MPT network), and get typical up/down rates in Myanmar of 40 mbit/s (LTE 4g network). 

ha ha, I'm lucky to even get an MPT signal in Myanmar and when I do its no more than 2mbps unless I am in a privileged area that offers 10mbps. Never seen 40 mbps anywhere I've been so far. Hardly ever see it in Thailand either.

FWIW, in the heart of booming Thonburi, using a 6 month AIS prepaid package of unlimited 6mbps: download 3.76, upload 4.20, 0% PL, Ping 112MS, that at 8:15 am this morning.

Works for me, I have no complaints, I can even do netflix off the hotspot!

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

FWIW, in the heart of booming Thonburi, using a 6 month AIS prepaid package of unlimited 6mbps: download 3.76, upload 4.20, 0% PL, Ping 112MS, that at 8:15 am this morning.

Works for me, I have no complaints, I can even do netflix off the hotspot!

How much r u paying for this?

11 minutes ago, gaviny said:

Got same plan as yours and visiting Pattaya and getting 6.10 dload however back home its never more than 4...do you know reason?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No idea. I have never speed tested it in the city center. Today I was whipping uploads though in Maha Chai, which doesnt always happen up here...who knows....

15 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

AIS must be offering something better than this?? I'm on DTAC unlimited 10mbps for 199THB/w.

I did say apparently...lol

a Thai is sorting this out for our business just done speed test on it and got steady 41 meg download speed.......lol

the same Thai tells me she has 65 gb per month of internet on her phone per month......lol

who really knows what’s going on tit.

the sim is not in a phone it’s in this router pictured below.

201F0B62-5275-43AD-B7DE-DB91CAA0E13D.png

A817310D-B306-4311-8B1D-BDE90B5ABDA3.jpeg

24 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

AIS must be offering something better than this?? I'm on DTAC unlimited 10mbps for 199THB/w.

Um the AIS plan is like 320B a month. Half price to your plan.

Archived