Chevrolet Dealer Funny Business

donnacha

BMW 218i Coupe F22, BMW X1 18d F48, Ford Everest T+ 3.2l, BMW 740Le G11.

Work car is a Accord Hybrid

Also in the household we have a Jazz, Vios, Lexus RX, Mitsubishi Pajero (import), 2x Fortuner previous and current gen, previous gen civic.

You’ll always get a lemon here and there, but the two people I know who own a Captiva are constantly complaining about them.

And you still have to talk smack about what others drive to feel good about yourself?

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And you still have to talk smack about what others drive to feel good about yourself?

Not at all. Based on the sample of Captivas I’ve come across they are indeed crap and so I’ve stated I think they aren’t great cars to own. I’ve had a Trailblazer in the past, and a Camero in US and they were both fine. So I’m not going after Chevy, but Captiva is rubbish.

just a quick google search shows it has an entry in the Urban Dictionary https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holden Craptiva

44 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And your assuming that what I wrote meant exactly the same minute.

Perhaps my words are misleading on this point but it's not what I meant. 

45 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And your assuming that what I wrote meant exactly the same minute.

Perhaps my words are misleading on this point but it's not what I meant. 

Irrespective of the timing, do you really expect any sane person to believe a new vehicle sales person in BKK, suggested to a prospective buyer that they phone Indonesia for technical details ?  

" I very much doubt there's a  new car dealership in Bangkok that doesn't have an English speaking representative. Next, to suggest a dealer sales person doesn't or can't provide fuel consumption figures is nonsense. Go to any showroom or Mall display of new vehicles & one of the most obvious specs displayed on either the windscreen or window, is fuel consumption." I reiterate, I live in Sakon Nakhon, just up the road from Nakho Nowhere, out in the sticks. All new cars on display have fuel consumption figures displayed along with other tech specs, on the windscreen or window. You suggesting the bumpkins up here do this & they don't do it in the BIG smoke ? Get a grip !

When the sales person suggested you call Indonesia for fuel consumption figures, you just accepted this & left the showroom ? You didn't think to ask for the sales manager or dealer principal to enquire as to his/her thoughts on said suggestion ???

Not at all. Based on the sample of Captivas I’ve come across they are indeed crap and so I’ve stated I think they aren’t great cars to own. I’ve had a Trailblazer in the past, and a Camero in US and they were both fine. So I’m not going after Chevy, but Captiva is rubbish.

just a quick google search shows it has an entry in the Urban Dictionary https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Holden Craptiva

If someone is thinking about buying one, I think it fine to talk a car down.

If someone owns one, I just do not see the benefit.

55 minutes ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

It's not a Chev it's a Daewoo.

Slightly off topic but this is why i am nervous about taking a laptop in for repair. Will they strip decent parts from the pc and replace with rubbish.

Wouldn’t you be able to tell?

So what will they do with all the decent parts, and where do the get all the rubbish parts?

I guess they could swap batteries, but that would be easy enough to check.

20 hours ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

BMW 218i Coupe F22, BMW X1 18d F48, Ford Everest T+ 3.2l, BMW 740Le G11.

Work car is a Accord Hybrid

Also in the household we have a Jazz, Vios, Lexus RX, Mitsubishi Pajero (import), 2x Fortuner previous and current gen, previous gen civic.

You’ll always get a lemon here and there, but the two people I know who own a Captiva are constantly complaining about them.

Blimey, your place sounds like a Tesco car park...?

On 8/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, transam said:

Blimey, your place sounds like a Tesco car park...?

Three houses next to each other, 10 spaces in total. Condos give us another two in town and I keep my company car at work. Probably will sell some of them, so if anyone’s looking feel free to pm me!

Archived