Where to buy a fairly cheap and basic black suit in Bangkok?

AlphaCanadian

21 minutes ago, Airalee said:

What’s “fairly cheap”?

My friend buys his suits at Rajawongse on Sukhumvit and has been very happy with them.  He went through a couple other tailors in the past and was never happy with the fit.

"fairly cheap" I suppose would be the least I could get away with for a decent black suit.

I would estimate 3500 Baht (only for the suit itself and not including dress, shirt, pants etc).

Thanks for the reply btw.

Rajawongse will definitely be more than that. I think my friend paid around 15k (Coat and trousers)  Perhaps you could still pop by there, let them know that they were recommended but that they are out of your price range and see who/where they might recommend.  I personally would be concerned with how a 3500 baht suit would wear and hold up.  Sorry to hear your school requires a suit.

9 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Rajawongse will definitely be more than that. I think my friend paid around 15k (Coat and trousers)  Perhaps you could still pop by there, let them know that they were recommended but that they are out of your price range and see who/where they might recommend.  I personally would be concerned with how a 3500 baht suit would wear and hold up.  Sorry to hear your school requires a suit.

I bought several suits from Rajawongse in 2008, the price was 3000 baht then.

2 minutes ago, manarak said:

I bought several suits from Rajawongse in 2008, the price was 3000 baht then.

I think my friend went for one of their higher end fabrics.  I haven’t worn a suit in so long that I’m way out of touch with the current prices.

49 minutes ago, AlphaCanadian said:

Yes, only the jacket.

Plenty of small shops in big C complexes etc., selling black coats and pants, often quite cheap, one near me (in Chiang Mai) sells black coats for 1,000Baht each, making not too bad, fabric not too bad. Son bought one for a funeral.

1 hour ago, AlphaCanadian said:

Yes, only the jacket.

If you don't want to spend top dollar, There are loads of indian tailors on surawong Rd, (parallel to silom) 

They used to throw in a couple of shirts and a tie with all fitted suits for $99 

For just a jacket should be cheap and inexpensive to replace if you are not expecting it to last for life or you gain a lot of weight lol

Archived