Teen Crashes Mustang Into Family, Crawls From Flaming Wreck

webfact

Teen Crashes Mustang Into Family, Crawls From Flaming Wreck

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

mustang2.jpg

BANGKOK — When a cherry red Ford Mustang plowed into a truck carrying a family of five early this morning, the surprise wasn’t that a teen was behind the wheel, but that everyone survived.

Police said no one was killed when Peerasaran Surin, 17, crashed his 4 million baht EcoBoost Coupe into a truck carrying the Chom-mhoo family at about 2:20am on Kaset Nawamin Road in Bangkok’s northern Bang Khen district.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/08/22/teen-crashes-mustang-into-family-crawls-from-flaming-wreck/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Would that be a right or left hand drive Mustang? Can you get a right hand drive Mustang?

The late-model Mustangs that I have seen at the Thai motor shows have been right-hand drive.

Another Thai male,  well just about at only 17,   proving once again that they are just not mentally advanced , but the irresponsible parents must be retards for allowing their children to drive a car  illegally without a licence and those with money can get away with any crime in Thailand. I guess as others have said,  a few baht,  maybe a Wai, and it will all go away.

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

so should there be a special drivers license for high powered cars like they want to do for big bikes?

or just a special MORON license?

The problem with that every Thai male driver would have to be issued with one.  However perhaps once they go a year on the road without killing,maiming or having a serious accident, they would have their licence confiscated as clearly in those instances they would not be worthy of the moron designation. 

What stands out for me are these details;

-Initial reports said Peerasaran was the son of a high-ranking Koh Samui police officer,

-driving without a license, destroying state property and reckless driving resulting in the harm of others.

-Peerasaran was reportedly on summer vacation from studying in England.

Policing must be a very lucrative business on Koh Samui. I don't suppose the great and glorious General who commands the administration of Thailand is going to ask how this police officer amassed a fortune such that an expensive vehicle was purchased and that the boy was able to afford an expensive education in England.  This is why people from relatively law abiding countries have no respect for the Thai police. 

It is not uncommon for 17 year old boys driving a  "powerful" vehicle at 2:30AM  to have serious crashes. This is why there is graduated licensing that imposes curfew or speed or adult supervision on young drivers during an extended period, in much of the world where motor vehicle related deaths and injuries are relatively low.Perhaps one day, Thailand will take the issue seriously.  Perhaps the boy did what all teenage boys do and that is to be an idiot and to misjudge. That is why a responsible parent would  not allow a 17 year old boy to drive at 2:30AM and certainly not a Mustang. 

There is almost complete lawlessness on Thai roads.

I was driving on an expressway around Bangkok around 8pm in quite heavy rain (road surface very wet) a few nights ago and in addition to the majority of cars driving at around 120 kph (already over the limit), within the space of 20 minutes witnessed four cars (two new Mercedes and two supercars I could not identify) racing and lane changing, weaving in and out of other cars at (my best estimate) 160 to 200kph. These were INSANE speeds given the volume of traffic and road conditions. These cars were not racing each other, just driving independently some minutes apart.

I don't drive in Bangkok often (I live in Chiang Mai). This was an eye opener to me about how bad the lack of law enforcement has become.

3 hours ago, Esso49 said:

The problem with that every Thai male driver would have to be issued with one.  However perhaps once they go a year on the road without killing,maiming or having a serious accident, they would have their licence confiscated as clearly in those instances they would not be worthy of the moron designation. 

So the Thai lady drivers get a free pass?

"Although initial reports said Peerasaran was the son of a high-ranking Koh Samui police officer, Wiwat said Wednesday afternoon that he did not know."

I wonder why he changed his mind!

Getting transferred to the Koh Samui Police must be a sought-after position.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

That is why a responsible parent would  not allow a 17 year old boy to drive at 2:30AM and certainly not a Mustang. 

I would think that a responsible parent, and especially one that has a job in law enforcement, would allow a 17 year old boy drive ANY car at ANY time of the day.

39 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So the Thai lady drivers get a free pass?

Statistically,  in Thailand, they apparently are involved in 14% of motor vehicle accident insurance claims.   That suggests 86% of accidents are caused by Thai males.  Also many times have you read a pick-up has flipped injuring or killing the countless numbers of innocents sitting in the bed of the truck  and the truck had a female driver ?  Same applies to van drivers.

16 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I would think that a responsible parent, and especially one that has a job in law enforcement, would allow a 17 year old boy drive ANY car at ANY time of the day.

Not many responsible parents in Thailand.  As for those in law enforcement then that category does not exist in Thailand as the RTP are nothing but a state sponsored corrupt agency.

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

-Initial reports said Peerasaran was the son of a high-ranking Koh Samui police officer,

-driving without a license, destroying state property and reckless driving resulting in the harm of others.

Policing must be a very lucrative business on Koh Samui. I don't suppose the great and glorious General who commands the administration of Thailand is going to ask how this police officer amassed a fortune such that an expensive vehicle was purchased and that the boy was able to afford an expensive education in England.  This is why people from relatively law abiding countries have no respect for the Thai police. 

It is not uncommon for 17 year old boys driving a  "powerful" vehicle at 2:30AM  to have serious crashes. This is why there is graduated licensing that imposes curfew or speed or adult supervision on young drivers during an extended period, in much of the world where motor vehicle related deaths and injuries are relatively low.Perhaps one day, Thailand will take the issue seriously.  Perhaps the boy did what all teenage boys do and that is to be an idiot and to misjudge. That is why a responsible parent would  not allow a 17 year old boy to drive at 2:30AM and certainly not a Mustang. 

It will never happen money talks

3 hours ago, TD2312 said:

4 million baht...for a Mustang??

Yeah, I had to shake my head at that too and I love Mustangs. I have owned two in my time, but they cost considerably less than 4 million baht. My 65 cost me all of $1500. 

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

The only thing that happens when a Thai has his licence confiscated is it makes his wallet a bit lighter.driving without a licence here is a minimal fine where in the uk it's probably prison,a longer ban and the car crushed.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

How old was James Dean ?

If they can give a 4 million bath car to the son.....means they are richer than those complaining.

The son is educated in England .......not much of an education or education has nothing to do with this ?

The car insurance will pay out or not ,no problem for a rich family; and the family with minor injuries will be very happy with the money, ......so where is the problem?

Oh ...yes... the always complaining ,never happy losers......well ....enjoy your unhappiness,lol.

Archived