Teen Crashes Mustang Into Family, Crawls From Flaming Wreck

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can't see the insurance paying for that especially now it's in the news. 4 million baht for a car worth about 1.5 million elsewhere and now burnt out. this kid and his family sure know how to burn money alright. anyway, UK boarding school it would seem and they are due back in a week or say, no doubt he won't miss his 1st day back

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Statistically,  in Thailand, they apparently are involved in 14% of motor vehicle accident insurance claims.   That suggests 86% of accidents are caused by Thai males.

Not quite. 10% are males, 76% are ladyboys.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So the Thai lady drivers get a free pass?

Don't think they drive high powered cars. Thai women, almost universally, drive silver Toyota Vios's.

As soon as I see a silver Toyota Vios on the road ahead of me, I think to myself, "Now I've got a problem".

9 hours ago, TD2312 said:

4 million baht...for a Mustang??

From a 2013 article...

How much does it cost? Ford hasn't revealed the pricing for the new Mustang yet. But when it goes on sale in April next year _ on the 17th, which is exactly 50 years after the original birthday of this galloping horse _ the cheapest version is set to cost upwards of the equivalent of 1.4 million baht in the UK. Even if that translates to around 4.5 million baht by the time it gets to Thailand (including all kinds of taxes totaling 328%, to be precise) 

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Retarded family with money 

worse kind of Thai people 

and ofcores there will be no sentence for this 

only good thing that come out of this is he not kill innocent people 

Its just a matter of time before he does, unless of course he gets himself first

10 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Yes, imported cars really is a mugs game in Thailand. A Mustang costs about 1.2 million Baht in the USA, .......................bunch of gullible fools.

Why gullible?? they are very rich as so many are here and so makes not much difference if 1.2 or 4 or 10 million!! and Thailand is not the only country where imported cars are very expensive ,try Singapore for a start..worse than Thailand.Comparing prices to USA where they are made is not really comparative or fair,many countries have high import taxes on vehicles.What is not fair is that a hard working normal Thai can never buy a decent interesting car as out of there reach hence why so many pick ups on the road and boring jap crap.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:54 AM, Issanman said:

The late-model Mustangs that I have seen at the Thai motor shows have been right-hand drive.

They are available in Australia as well, of course RHD. They are very popular among the young drivers. Iv'e also spoken to some experienced drivers who have sold their mustangs saying there over powered and difficult to control. 

A weapon in the wrong hands that's for sure

19 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

4million baht for a Mustang? $140,000US? Robbery and stupidity for any idiot who buys one, his or not.

The price was from the police, what do they know?

Police said no one was killed when Peerasaran Surin, 17, crashed his 4 million baht EcoBoost Coupe

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, Crossy said:

It wasn't a family in a pickup he hit.

He was moving in order to flip a 10 wheeler!

From the linked article.

S__28729409.jpg

The OP made no mention of a pickup, it just reported that it was a truck.

Also from the OP link, "Five meters away, the truck he hit had collided with a utility pole". 

That is what flipped the truck.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Moti24 said:

"Although initial reports said Peerasaran was the son of a high-ranking Koh Samui police officer, Wiwat said Wednesday afternoon that he did not know."

I wonder why he changed his mind!

Getting transferred to the Koh Samui Police must be a sought-after position.

He didn't change his mind.  Initial reports and Wiwat's report are two different things, he didn't make the first one.

Is there any report on thr cause of the accident?

Was the Mustang speeding? Or...

Did the truck pull out in front of the Mustang without looking?

(Both are very possible)...

Most of the comments come across as bitter and jealous attacks against a kid born into privilege. As if these same posters are so morally sound they'd have divorced their families if they were to be gifted a cool car in their 20's.... 

A truck, on thr riad in the early hours... Poor labourer (truck driver) poor eyesight? Tired? Distracted by kid in the car?

A kid in a Mustang in the early hours? Been drinking? Speeding? 

Any of the above is probable - but to solely target the kid seems to highlight a certain level of bias against youth and jealousy of privilege....

22 hours ago, Happy enough said:

can't see the insurance paying for that especially now it's in the news. 4 million baht for a car worth about 1.5 million elsewhere and now burnt out.

Insurers are not concerned about the prices of cars "elsewhere", why should they be when they have no bearing on this or other similar incidents?

50 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

For letting his 17 year old son driving the car without a driving license.

Agreed... I got this story mixed up with another and just re-read the opening article...

17 year old. No licence. Accident. Son of someone in a position of influence...(Although it's seems there is an attempt to gloss over this).

Parents are to blame for letting their son drive without a licence & thus should be charged as such.

Or, the car was stolen by the son, who should be charged with such & driving illegally. 

I see this news item blending into the silent invisible mist... No one was killed after-all... Until it happens again...

Archived