British man fined 5,000 THB over Pattaya pool party sex tape

webfact

British man fined 5,000 THB over Pattaya pool party sex tape

1pm1.jpg.9d8d08a2ba579d1c5d6d470789c1d55b.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The foreign man seen cavorting in a hotel pool with a Thai woman in a tape that annoyed the authorities has been named as British.

INN reported that Daniel Robert Smith, 33, was fined 5,000 baht for offending public decency.

He was then handed over to immigration officials by Pattaya police.

It was not stated in the story that he was being deported but INN quoted police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that the cops had not stood still in the matter and that they were determined to stamp out wrongdoing by foreigners including people on overstay.

No word has been made about the female in the clip in what is believed to have been simulated sex acts in the pool of the A-One The Royal Cruise during a party organized by Kolour at the hotel on Saturday.

The poster pf the clip is now in custody and faces jail.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I find really funny about this, is that while we are all laughing that they would bother getting into a frenzy over something so petty, these clowns actually think they are helping Pattayas reputation, when in truth they are doing quite the opposite. Amazing Thailand!

Pattaya known all over the world for being the easiest place to get what ever you desire sexually.

With out that reputation it would be like a ghost town.

Yet here you have a bunch of clowns getting their knickers in a twist over what?

A man having a little fun with a lady, no sex , no nudity, no offence to others at the party, but little upstarts who have not been getting any attention make a big song and dance over it, IDIOTS, you will just get tourists going elsewhere in future.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The thing I find really funny about this, is that while we are all laughing that they would bother getting into a frenzy over something so petty, these clowns actually think they are helping Pattayas reputation, when in truth they are doing quite the opposite. Amazing Thailand!

See, I think they are, in fact, enhancing Pattaya’s reputation...just not the one they wish to project. What is said? And publicity is good advertising.... fond memories.

6 minutes ago, nahkit said:

How can you offend public decency at a private, paid for gathering held on private property?

Maybe allowing yourself to be filmed while partaking in lewd acts and having posted on the internet isn't so private.i notice how quick they are to find the farang but not the girl.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The same thing happened back in April when the cops raided a private party and filmed the whole thing and then released it to the media. Presumably that would have enhanced Pattaya's reputation as the flesh capital of Asia and possibly created an increased demand for these sorts of parties.

Dumbo police.

23 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Maybe allowing yourself to be filmed while partaking in lewd acts and having posted on the internet isn't so private.i notice how quick they are to find the farang but not the girl.

I haven't watched the clip so I've no idea if he allowed himself to be filmed but I thought they had arrested a Thai for actually posting it.

51 minutes ago, nahkit said:

How can you offend public decency at a private, paid for gathering held on private property?

Apparently you can. The little pipsqueak who posted the clip, should get hauled over the coals. The peeping tom was not in bed by 7:30 pm. It should get a fine of 25,000.00 Baht and a three month stint in prison, regardless of who their daddy is, for helping Pataya's reputation sink lower than the bottom of the cesspit.

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

The scary part is he was fined and deported. No court, no judge and really no law was broken , yet fined and deported

Fined - but not deported (yet). According to the original post: "It was not stated in the story that he was being deported"

The story says he was handed over to Immigration (for apparent overstay violation). He may well sit in an IDC cell for awhile before going to court and then being deported.

And lewd behaviour in public probably is a crime (in Thailand) for which he was fined. 

So it would appear that yes, laws were broken. Thai laws. Not "in my country they wouldn't even arrest us for that" laws.

Word to the wise - if you want to look like a criminal, act like a criminal and are already on "overstay" - don't get filmed doing lewd things in a PUBLIC place. 

No, it wasn't a "private party" at a "private venue" so don't even bother arguing otherwise. It was a sponsored party (Kolour Beachside Partyat a hotel's pool, the "A-One The Royal Cruise" hotel in North Pattaya. The hotel is the one that was built to vaguely resemble a couple of cruise ships and is on Beach Road between soi 2 and 3.
The swimming pools are in front of the "ships", between them and Beach Road.

The party that was even advertised on ThaiVisa's (or Inspire's TV channel). (I think they are one and the same aren't they ?)
Had a chuckle when I saw the party was still being advertised there a couple days after the event (and after the news stories broke).

50 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Cos all the girls look the same 555

In light of this ridiculously laughable little investigation by the Pattaya flatfoots, I think I might send an open email to Pol. Col. Krissana Pattanacharoen with a link to the Asian Street Meat video channel. Fair bit of al fresco shenanigans on there I'm sure, it'd really put Mr.Smith et al in the shade, that's for sure. ?

5000 fine? I've had larger parking fines. Caught shagging in a public pool in front of others and continuing said act for the camera. Gets a little fine, which is nothing to a working westerner on holidays. Should be fined more and deported if they want to be serious about it

16 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Cos all the girls look the same 555

That's why quite a lot of them have numbers on them. That and it's easier to remember a number than some of their names.

That's what I was told anyway..........................:tongue:

The trouble is these days we walk around with a small powerful computer - it’s almost something from Star Trek - you can talk to it, take videos , instantly up load to Facebook etc - even make a telephone call. 

What was quite an innocent pool party has landed several people in trouble. 

The concept of privacy seems to have gone - did this guy give permission- of course not. 

Sorry- others may disagree- but all this so-called social media causes problems.

( and makes a few extraordinary wealthy) 

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Foot in mouth; shot in foot; Own Goal; Pattaya Police's reputation continues its downward spiral.

Absolutely!!!  Shot self in foot. But foot in mouth.  Shooting self in mouth usually fatal.  Says a lot for these idiots trying to protect Pattaya's sterling reputation as a "Quality World Class Family Holiday Destination."   But really just turns out to be more promotion to the contrary.  Clever eh? 

Hopefully he got a receipt for the fine and court costs!!!  555

1 hour ago, BestB said:

The scary part is he was fined and deported. No court, no judge and really no law was broken , yet fined and deported

I see no problem with the police offering a fixed fine for a minor offence to avoid court proceedings as long as they were documented payments and they could chose to go to court if they want.

That happens in many other countries including the UK.

Deportation, this probably does not warrant that, but possible there may be visa issues.  

People still dont know, if you put something on internet, it can and will be used against you.

THe guy now mentioned with name can easily loose his job.

Policy of company then, he is/could damage the companies name.

You are out. Happened already many times.

Handy device computer, you can easily collect so much data about people, everyone is sharing. 

You are doing this in Thailand, put it on internet, thank you, you damage Thailand, you are out.

44 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Fined - but not deported (yet). According to the original post: "It was not stated in the story that he was being deported"

The story says he was handed over to Immigration (for apparent overstay violation). He may well sit in an IDC cell for awhile before going to court and then being deported.

And lewd behaviour in public probably is a crime (in Thailand) for which he was fined. 

So it would appear that yes, laws were broken. Thai laws. Not "in my country they wouldn't even arrest us for that" laws.

Word to the wise - if you want to look like a criminal, act like a criminal and are already on "overstay" - don't get filmed doing lewd things in a PUBLIC place. 

No, it wasn't a "private party" at a "private venue" so don't even bother arguing otherwise. It was a sponsored party (Kolour Beachside Partyat a hotel's pool, the "A-One The Royal Cruise" hotel in North Pattaya. The hotel is the one that was built to vaguely resemble a couple of cruise ships and is on Beach Road between soi 2 and 3.
The swimming pools are in front of the "ships", between them and Beach Road.

The party that was even advertised on ThaiVisa's (or Inspire's TV channel). (I think they are one and the same aren't they ?)
Had a chuckle when I saw the party was still being advertised there a couple days after the event (and after the news stories broke).

He was not in public, but on a private property, he did not asked to be filmed, nor had given permission for video to be posted.

It does not say he was on overstay, when you handed over to immigration you get deported, you do not get handed over for a cup of coffee.

Furthermore read this again 

It was not stated in the story that he was being deported but INN quoted police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that the cops had not stood still in the matter and that they were determined to stamp out wrongdoing by foreigners including people on overstay.

Yes it was a private party at a private venue, do not need to be a lawyer to figure this one out, unless you think hotel is a public property.

There was entry fee which makes it a private party once again held at a privately owned venue.

There was no sex act or nudity but silly acting.

It makes no difference where hotel is located or where pool is visible, it is still a private property

11 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I see no problem with the police offering a fixed fine for a minor offence to avoid court proceedings as long as they were documented payments and they could chose to go to court if they want.

That happens in many other countries including the UK.

Deportation, this probably does not warrant that, but possible there may be visa issues.  

Yes, regarding the fine, if the law was broken, silly acting in private hardly means breaking the law, Sadly some numb nuts filmed it and posted it.

If i was filmed bonking my lady in my hotel room by some idiot from a neighboring building, would i be breaking any laws?

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes, regarding the fine, if the law was broken, silly acting in private hardly means breaking the law, Sadly some numb nuts filmed it and posted it.

If i was filmed bonking my lady in my hotel room by some idiot from a neighboring building, would i be breaking any laws?

Fact was that hotel pool was over looked.

Police have told anyone who wants to strip off in the 30C heatwave to warn their neighbours first. Britain’s summer sizzler is showing no sign of letting up, with record highs set to continue for weeks.

But basking in the buff must not cause “alarm, distress or outrage,” police said. They warned naked bathers could be arrested for indecent exposure or outraging public decency if they overstep the mark.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/714027/summer-heatwave-2018-sunbathing-naked-warning-police-nude-esther-rantzen

Not so long ago I read about a couple being fined 500 baht for having sex on the beach 5,000 baht for simulated sex seems a little harsh . What does amaze me is the police being happy to allow all the girlie bars in the area next thing we will know is that they will be fining people for having sex in the hotel bedrooms after all this hotel is a private establishment and not on government land YES !

1 hour ago, Rossworth1 said:

5000 fine? I've had larger parking fines. Caught shagging in a public pool in front of others and continuing said act for the camera. Gets a little fine, which is nothing to a working westerner on holidays. Should be fined more and deported if they want to be serious about it

They weren't shagging. They were kissing and rubbing up against each other. Clothes stayed on...not really the crime of the century now is it?

Archived