Trump redirects over $200 million in U.S. aid for West Bank, Gaza

rooster59

Just now, farcanell said:

Obviously, and again, you fail to read the entirety of things... even your things.

let me direct you to the last line of your definition.

And most significantly,mlets not forget that the aid is being withdrawn.... approved... withdrawn. I believe Americans have a derogatory saying along the line of “Indian giver”

Why? answer... punishment (? )(of a civilian population) and to please his supporters

you might wish to invest more time in your wording... prior to your own daft postings demonstrating a lack of humanity...

Ok, you do have problem comprehending.

This is an aid not a charity for civilian population, if it was, it would be given to the people instead the government.

No point rehearsing what aid is and what it is given for, you can read it up again and if struggle can always use a dictionary.

22 minutes ago, BestB said:

Once again you seem to have trouble either reading or comprehending.

Palestinian supporters on this forum and since you not a Palestinian supporter, what exactly is your problem with US redirecting its aid from Palestinians?

Or is it one of the same old, anti Trump crap?

But yes you most certainly have a point, because some anonymous posters claiming to be American on Thai forum have a problem, then most certainly 250 million Americans will have a problem with it

And i have no doubts, once its hits the usual anti trump news, there will be people like you spouting the very same nonsense, because for anti trump people, it really does not matter what he does and what he achieves, you will only trash talk, but that has little to do with the topic

My problem is that people desperately needing the aid they thought was earmarked for them, has been yanked away by trump, for ulturistic reasons.

argue that... no problem... trumpists would. But again... trump is messing with the international norm, with no consideration for his friends and allies, making him a figure to despise.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Terrorist attacks by whom, the Israelis or the Palestinians? Oh I forgot. The Israelis always get a free pass, when they bomb civilian areas. 

Sacrificing logic and coherence for a lame comeback - guess it's fair trade for some.

Your comment was about Israel's supposed "draconian security measures". Following your "reasoning" it would seem Israel implements said "draconian security measures" because of its own supposed attacks. About as coherent as can be expected from some posters.

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

My problem is that people desperately needing the aid they thought was earmarked for them, has been yanked away by trump, for ulturistic reasons.

argue that... no problem... trumpists would. But again... trump is messing with the international norm, with no consideration for his friends and allies, making him a figure to despise.

People desperately needing aid? you have been there ? you know? or once again anti trump bs?

There are no other people needing aid? people in more need? Oh wait that does not fit into anti trump bs

Palestinians are not friends  or allies or even an acquaintances of US, never were and never will be.

Sorry but getting tired listening and replying to feed your anti trump monkey

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Ok, you do have problem comprehending.

This is an aid not a charity for civilian population, if it was, it would be given to the people instead the government.

No point rehearsing what aid is and what it is given for, you can read it up again and if struggle can always use a dictionary.

Really?

the aid is being withdrawn from the civilian population... why does that sound familiar... oh, I know... because that’s what people arguing against you are saying

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

People desperately needing aid? you have been there ? you know? or once again anti trump bs?

There are no other people needing aid? people in more need? Oh wait that does not fit into anti trump bs

Palestinians are not friends  or allies or even an acquaintances of US, never were and never will be.

Sorry but getting tired listening and replying to feed your anti trump monkey

Omg... bottom of the barrel

have I been?

wow.... yes, anything showing the misery in Gaza (and there’s a lot of it) is full of anti trump ire ... genius.

• Like 1

Just now, farcanell said:

A comment that would have applied to Russia and North Korea, not that long ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Really?

the aid is being withdrawn from the civilian population... why does that sound familiar... oh, I know... because that’s what people arguing against you are saying

And then they call Trump supporters red necks???

Aid was given to PA for development, infrastructure, and alike

Aid has been used to either arm themselves or for PA Authority to fill its own pockets.

Plenty of evidence showing Hamas using materials destined for residential developments being used for tunnel building and rockets stock piling.

But as usual, lets not get facts get in a way of a good anti trump rant

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Omg... bottom of the barrel

have I been?

wow.... yes, anything showing the misery in Gaza (and there’s a lot of it) is full of anti trump ire ... genius.

Genius, aid was not given to Gaza, because Hamas is on US terrorist organisation list, it was given to PA Authority and they do not rule in Gaza.

But i am certain, you will continue?

• Like 1

Clearly it has ZERO to do with this topic

It was about the aptness of applying the adjective "secret" to a meeting. 

Now in this particular case, it wasn't that the time and locale of the meeting was secret, or even that parts of the discussions would be kept secret from the public. What makes the secrecy bizarre at best is that Trump chose to apply secrecy to his advisors. He chose to keep them all out of his meeting with Putin. Given Trump's well documented ignorance of foreign affairs, that was bad enough In fact, after they meeting the advisers had to struggle to find out what was said. And they had to depend on Trump's version. Given his track record on accuracy and truthfulness, who knows what was said at that meeting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes and to get North Korea on friendly and agreeable terms , the U.S.A had to "starve" them into it .

By putting sanctions on NK forced them to become "friendly" , taking away money from the Palestinians may have the same effect

"...taking away money from the Palestinians may have the same effect."

What...they'll go for silly hair styles and develop nukes?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

It was about the aptness of applying the adjective "secret" to a meeting. 

Now in this particular case, it wasn't that the time and locale of the meeting was secret, or even that parts of the discussions would be kept secret from the public. What makes the secrecy bizarre at best is that Trump chose to apply secrecy to his advisors. He chose to keep them all out of his meeting with Putin. Given Trump's well documented ignorance of foreign affairs, that was bad enough In fact, after they meeting the advisers had to struggle to find out what was said. And they had to depend on Trump's version. Given his track record on accuracy and truthfulness, who knows what was said at that meeting?

More off topic incoherent drivel

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

"...taking away money from the Palestinians may have the same effect."

What...they'll go for silly hair styles and develop nukes?

They wouldnt have the ability to develop nukes , but they may eventually be persuaded to not take such a hard line stance , if the people start dying of starvation (as did the N.K's).

11 minutes ago, BestB said:

Genius, aid was not given to Gaza, because Hamas is on US terrorist organisation list, it was given to PA Authority and they do not rule in Gaza.

Duh....

C6470FD0-38D2-4B4E-8252-D6C8160B25D6.png

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Why should it be published?

Because it was a last minute decision. And there should be a compelling reason given for overturning previous deliberations and allocations. What exactly have the prospective recipients of such aid done to merit this revocation? As it stands now, it smacks of pure capriciousness, as it did in a previous case of a similar amount revoked at the last minute by Trump.

• Like 1

@dexterm

Got to love the hypocrisy. So the US supposedly applying economic leverage to politically pressure the Palestinians is bad, but that doesn't stop you from advocating governments need to do the same with regard to Israel.

The Trump administration handling and timing of foreign policy issues is off, as usual - but that doesn't make UNRWA into some beacon of righteousness. In many ways, the criticism leveled at UNRWA is to the point. The problem is more to do with not  having a coherent way to deal with the aftermath of UNRWA's hypothetical demise. Could have worked years (or decades) ago, now much more complicated, seeing as UNRWA itself is a major economic actor as far as Palestinians go.

Harping on the "right of return" is just the sort of nonsense you engage in. There will be no realistic scenario in which millions of Palestinian refugees will be absorbed by Israel. And as usual, you keep ignoring that the "right of return'", in this instance, is not unconditional.

Spin away.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Because it was a last minute decision. And there should be a compelling reason given for overturning previous deliberations and allocations. What exactly have the prospective recipients of such aid done to merit this revocation? As it stands now, it smacks of pure capriciousness, as it did in a previous case of a similar amount revoked at the last minute by Trump.

Oh and you know it was a last minute decision because?..................

Just now, bristolboy said:

One main issue the US has had with support for the Palestinian Authority had been its stipends paid to the families of Palestinians killed, injured or jailed for attacks on Israel.

Israel and the Trump administration, have repeatedly demanded that those payments from a so-called "martyrs' fund" be halted because they encourage terrorism. Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has refused to do so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

They wouldnt have the ability to develop nukes , but they may eventually be persuaded to not take such a hard line stance , if the people start dying of starvation (as did the N.K's).

Well, doubt anyone imagined back when that NK would get there. As for the extreme position you present - I don't know that if I was in a relevant position that this is the sort of "victory" I'd want listed to my name. Considering there's some religious zealotry involved as well, the NK example might not be fully "translatable".

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Oh and you know it was a last minute decision because?..................

Because the funds were originally allocated for the Palestinians and then they weren't. Of course, I grant you it could be that the decision was made simultaneously or nearly so with the original choice of allocation. But that would be even worse since it would demonstrate incompetence.

• Like 1

Because the funds were originally allocated for the Palestinians and then they weren't. Of course, I grant you it could be that the decision was made simultaneously or nearly so with the original choice of allocation. But that would be even worse since it would demonstrate incompetence.

When was the decision made to allocate this money for Palestinians?

Unless mistaken this was in the works for at least a year now. Certainly there were demonstration by UNRWA workers etc. months ago, when cuts were announced. I'm not sure if there are different budgets involved (as far as I'm aware, that's almost always the case though) so both reporting and communicating these matters is often lacking.

LIne one.... aid was not given to Gaza... your words, no?

10 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Duh....

C6470FD0-38D2-4B4E-8252-D6C8160B25D6.png

It took four letters on the search bar to demonstrate your wrong

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

Beyond ridiculous

Who rules in Gaza? Hamas

What is the relationship between US government and Hamas?

Let Google help you......

Beyond ridiculous... either they give to Gaza and the West Bank, or they don’t. The state department might be wrong ( wouldn’t surprise me given the usual Sarah suckerbee bs), or you might be wrong.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

If you are looking for a thank you you are looking for recognition and therefore no longer a charitable person.

But this isn't about a person, rather a government. And it's not charity, but aid funds.