Thailand - Not for me

On 8/28/2018 at 6:26 AM, gaff said:

You are right, and you also know some honest cops or officials !

So ridiculous...

I guess that your wife is also a genius, right ? This is what all ridiculous foreigners pretend ! But listen to me, "smart" Thai women as anyone you have have met in your life, I have got 100+ as girlfriends, so yes, I know them well, and none has been half as smart as my most stupid girlfriends in the west.

But yes, I agree that if you have no idea about what means having a brain, it must be hard to understand !

Only person quite high on themselves would manage to make a rant like this! These days we will call it «the trump syndrome» 

9 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Oh boy.... another UK virgin has spoken.

Whatever you want to believe hunsum man......

So prove him wrong.

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

If it wasn't for this forum I'd already be back

There is nothing stopping you coming back, and if the forum offends you in any way then ignore TVF completely and look elsewhere.

here are some links to other forums that may help you.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/thailand-expat-forum-expats-living-thailand/

https://www.expatexchange.com/thailand/liveinthailand.html

https://www.internations.org/thailand-expats

Or simply do a Google search.

Have a nice rest of the week.

20 hours ago, gaff said:

Again ! Talking about the 1% that is not as dumb as the rest of 99%.

And I am sure that I dated more rich and educated Thai than you, because it is my only hobby, so do not come to explain me that they all are smart. They all are as stupid as the next one, rich or poor. find me a Thai who can talk about economy or world politics without saying something so stupid that only her stupid dad or mom could have told her.

Maybe go to Central Lad Prao and check out the movie "Crazy Rich Asians" plus check out the Thai girls in that theatre (they all speak English) if you go to the English only screen (no Thai sub) I think you in your limited time in Thailand think that well off/rich  Thai are those that are teachers , Gov workers , nurse , girls working owning small shop in malls. No I am talking Thai that own apartment buildings, factories, Malls, International Companies or International Franchises, Airlines, Bus Companies ect. Check that vid I sent you about the Rich Kids in Thailand and see how much they are worth and what they own.  Thai Hi-so would not even date you as you would not be equal to their worth and they would not want to be looked down on for dating a farang that was not wealthy and had no culture. Hi-so Thai think most farangs are below them. If you are young, handsome, intelligent have money you may be able to date them if not forget about it. Below some of my friends at a restaurant, you probably don't know and can't get in. They also travel the world as they have money in the bank can get visas easily and some have more than 1 passport.13323656_10210167119477376_7622431565849039788_o.jpg.a8f3e1d09c05991fa745ec9470a23474.jpg11312774_1080829908598591_3694080719370763018_o.thumb.jpg.9b567d7986d17354e869967cdbe30e90.jpg

Edited by Tony125

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Dating rich and educated Thais is your hobby, is it?  What a despicable way to describe your relations with Thai women: a hobby. Like they're model airplanes or something.

Dating is also a hobby of mine.  I don't see what's despicable about it.  Just like going for a jog at the park is a hobby, so is meeting somebody for dinner.  It passes the time and gives me something to do.  Maybe it might lead to something in the future, maybe it won't, it doesn't really matter to me.

1 minute ago, pr9spk said:

Isn't it funny how a bit of cash can separate people? In fact, I find it quite disgusting and disheartening.

I hate to say, how true that is; it is the end of the month and people coming to eat at our my brother-in-law's eatery have little or no money left before getting paid.

It is sobering in thought. 

2 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

Capitalism is the single biggest issue the world faces, pretty much every problem centres from it or is heavily influenced by it.  Global warming, deforestation and the current mass extinction of species, the rich and poor divide, poverty, resource shortages, war...

There will come a time where the accumulation of wealth is no longer considered a primary goal in life, and everybody contributes equally to society, and is rewarded equally.  Probably only after a nuclear war or an outbreak of disease or famine.

Well..a nuclear war would certainly change the equation as the fundamentals of capitalism (trade,mercantile probity and mobility) would probably no longer exist.

We would be back to "constructive paranoia" which is the term used by Jared Diamond in his book 'The World Until Yesterday'.

Okay for sheer survival but useless for Capitalism.

17 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..a nuclear war would certainly change the equation as the fundamentals of capitalism (trade,mercantile probity and mobility) would probably no longer exist.

We would be back to "constructive paranoia" which is the term used by Jared Diamond in his book 'The World Until Yesterday'.

Okay for sheer survival but useless for Capitalism.

That would be a good thing IMHO.

But no need for a nuclear war, banking crises, electrical grid failure, 'just in time' distribution disturbance, pandemic and many other relatively minor occurrences could break this current world. Too much in the control of too few makes for a fragile civilization.

28 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

There will come a time where the accumulation of wealth is no longer considered a primary goal in life, and everybody contributes equally to society, and is rewarded equally.  Probably only after a nuclear war or an outbreak of disease or famine.

Utopia dreaming?

26 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

Capitalism is the single biggest issue the world faces, pretty much every problem centres from it or is heavily influenced by it.  Global warming, deforestation and the current mass extinction of species, the rich and poor divide, poverty, resource shortages, war...

You ever seen the movie or TV series Star Trek?  The creators of that show/movie managed to envision a world in the future where money doesn't matter.  Wealth and the accumulation of wealth never comes up.  Kind of sad that it can't be that way in 2018.  But unfortunately, that's the world we live in today.  I think even supporters of capitalism will agree that a major flaw is how it distributes wealth.  Why should a hedge fund manager make 100 times more than teachers, policeman, soldiers, etc.?  Why should actors, pro athletes, musicians, entertainers, etc. make such obscene money?  Why should any one person have a billion dollars when millions are starving?  Oh nevermind...I'm actually a free market guy myself.      

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You ever seen the movie or TV series Star Trek?  The creators of that show/movie managed to envision a world in the future where money doesn't matter.  Wealth and the accumulation of wealth never comes up. 

"Beam me up Scotty"

"That will be $500  Captain Kirk...............paid in advance"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Maybe go to Central Lad Prao and check out the movie "Crazy Rich Asians" plus check out the Thai girls in that theatre (they all speak English) if you go to the English only screen (no Thai sub) I think you in your limited time in Thailand think that well off/rich  Thai are those that are teachers , Gov workers , nurse , girls working owning small shop in malls. No I am talking Thai that own apartment buildings, factories, Malls, International Companies or International Franchises, Airlines, Bus Companies ect. Check that vid I sent you about the Rich Kids in Thailand and see how much they are worth and what they own.  Thai Hi-so would not even date you as you would not be equal to their worth and they would not want to be looked down on for dating a farang that was not wealthy and had no culture. Hi-so Thai think most farangs are below them. If you are young, handsome, intelligent have money you may be able to date them if not forget about it. Below some of my friends at a restaurant, you probably don't know and can't get in. They also travel the world as they have money in the bank can get visas easily and some have more than 1 passport.13323656_10210167119477376_7622431565849039788_o.jpg.a8f3e1d09c05991fa745ec9470a23474.jpg11312774_1080829908598591_3694080719370763018_o.thumb.jpg.9b567d7986d17354e869967cdbe30e90.jpg

I don't see how these pictures prove anyone being hiso here? My ex who lived in Canada used to dress like this when in Thailand and yes, some of her friends were wealthy, but some of them just had regular office jobs. 

I was ugly 15 years older, not with a lot of money and dated a woman like this. Maybe a difference being that we met in Canada instead of Thailand where her family didn't have a say about who she dated.

Personally I think she was great and a great squirter too, but she was never as generous as my much poorer wife. And an import point to note is that just because her English  was much better, she was still dumb as a post. No business acumen and she relied for me on everything. Wouldn't move her finger. I highly doubt she would get hired at the same international company my wife works for even with her qualifications and a degree from Canada. 

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet one of these girls, they are mostly concentrated on Charoen Krung road.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Haha 1

Wow! Has this post ever derailed. Gone from "I've decided to leave Thailand" to Thai women are dumber than a bag of hammers, to capitalism and hi-so's.

I agree with OP that there may be a time to leave for some people. Good luck.

Some criticized him as if it is a failure for people who decide to go home.

Nothing wrong with deciding to change. So many valid reasons to do so.

I like it here for the time being, but if I no longer can outweigh the pros and cons, I'ld be happy to return home.

I disagreed with the parting shot he took re: Thai women can't hold a stick to Canadian women looks wise.

Seemed unnecessary and a bit juvenile.

Edited by duanebigsby
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

misogynistic drivel.

Ermmm, that was a joke you fool. Some people just will never understand.

No wonder Thailand is trying to keep these morons out.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I can't be responsible for people who interpret their own version of this thread. Never did I say I am staying or leaving. All I said is that I like Canada better.... and got viciously attacked for it. But I expected this, so no hard feelings on my part.... for now.

So why on Earth are you wasting your time on this thread? It's clear that there are some real low-brow morons on here who can't take a joke.

1 minute ago, pr9spk said:

So why on Earth are you wasting your time on this thread? It's clear that there are some real low-brow morons on here who can't take a joke.

It's obvious you are referring to me, as I was the last one who didn't  see any humour in it.

Perhaps your jokes are simply poorly worded and not really funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1