Would You Be Here Now - If You Had Known Before What Now Was Going To Be Like?

simon43

Nothing has changed here that has turned Thailand into a bad place to live. I can’t think of a better place to be, but this might be the end of a golden era.

The world is changing fast. My brother placed his bets in the Caribbean, but Hurricane Dean just past within 30 miles of his land making his safe haven seem a little less perfect too.

For me I am going to enjoy the sum tum and sticky rice and watch how it all rolls out. I can handle a lot more of this harsh environment.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed here that has turned Thailand into a bad place to live. I can't think of a better place to be, but this might be the end of a golden era.

The world is changing fast. My brother placed his bets in the Caribbean, but Hurricane Dean just past within 30 miles of his land making his safe haven seem a little less perfect too.

For me I am going to enjoy the sum tum and sticky rice and watch how it all rolls out. I can handle a lot more of this harsh environment.

granted its not as easy here than 15 years ago ,but your own country is also a harder ,swings and roundabouts.........

Cracks in the airport runway and the coup don't exactly directly affect me. Life here is much more interesting and stimulating than what I would have back home and I have many more friends here. The food and the weather are great. People are freindly (mostly), The money-obsessed ladies really the only major downer. Why would I want to go back to eat $10+ a plate micro-waved slop, shovel snow, beg for a date with overweight dowdy women with attitude, watch people flip me off every day in bumper-to-bumper traffic,etc, etc.