Sight Seeing Tips Needed, North UK

simoh1490

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Funny story, I took a picture of the Mrs standing next to Buckingham Palace front gates, when she got home and showed friends & family they said your Sami's house is beautiful.  ?

Remember the other one too, my Mrs bought a picture postcard of the Queen & Prince Philip, when she show that to family they said Oh is that Sami's Mum & dad ?  you couldn't make it up, Thais can be so funny without knowing things about other countries. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gu te't Tickle Trout.  It's reet grand.

But seriously, if you don't mind a bit of travel and the weather is okay, then Delamere Forest (Cheshire) is a wonderful place for a walk on an Autumn day.  Lake District (obviously), or "Hotel del Terror" in Blackpool (near "The Big One") - It scared the crap out of me (in a funny way - she'll never ever forget it), and I'm usually unphased and bored with pre-orchestrated rides or live entertainment.  However good you think you can predict the tricks, they will get you.  I'll say no more other than the ending is very fun and socially entertaining and you'll surely make some new friends.  There's no ghosts so nothing to worry about there ?

There are also places where you can go for a paragliding lesson if you're adventurous, or quad riding, horse riding and other activities - I can't remember the names now, but I'm sure google will know.

Maybe you could rent a barge on the canals?

If you don't mind heading to Wales, then 'Electric Mountain' do tours that is genuinely interesting as a commercial venture.

Finish the evening with an actual Pub (as distinct from a bar) for some local stodge and a guest beer (I'm sure they have Coca Cola if 10,000Km trip is worth it) ? and a B&B of suitably average quality to get in the spirit of things - no Hilton Hotels pu-leaseeee.

There's about 5 days in the above if you're sharp on the clock, but I'd give it at least a week and take in the ambiance, moss on the stone walls, enjoy having a wander, listen to the different accents than she's familiar with.  I'm sure there will be lots of people curious to chat and learn about her home country.

Bit of excitement, bit of nature, bit of [ahem] cuisine, bit of curiosity, bit of relaxation, and a cultural mind fek if it's new to her.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:26 AM, simoh1490 said:

We've done the Thai food in the UK bit in recent years so she already knows, that said we have a local Thai restaurant that is very very close to the real deal - the restaurant also has a Thai food store attached to it hence we can easily buy all the Thai food supplies needed.

Shopping, nah, a person can shop anywhere, I'm looking for the different and unique things that can't be found elsewhere, like the Lakes, like the Dales, like Scotland (already factored in to visit The Borders).

You are not too far from Blackpool, take her to Mr Basrai's World Cuisine, my wife loved it. The chance to try food from around the world with a good helping of Asian food thrown in, had to prise her out the door. Its very good, about the best buffet restaurant I have come across in the UK, enough live cooking to class it as sightseeing.

http://www.mrbasrai.com/

Archived