What's the maximum Court awarded child support you've heard of ?

Clifford S

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

So you have offered 7500 per child.  I assume that is per month ?  At the end of the day , whilst your offer seems generous on the face of it they are still your children and I assume you are on a good salary.   Would that mean you are an expat where your employers actually pay the school fees and medical insurance rather than yourself ?  If so then that is no cost to yourself. Of course you should be giving as much as you can afford that is fair and reasonable as after all they are your children too.

I fail to see how any offer would prevent your wife not drinking Mont Clair wine and it is your children that should be paramount not your children's Mother drinking habits.   Conversely the more you give her the more of that rubbish she may consume and ultimately could lead to her demise,  so you see, every cloud has a silver lining.

Retired (a bit too young) so I pay for the schools from my "pension" ...

Noted re Silver Lining !

Go to Court and instruct your solicitors to get the payments down to the absolute minimum. That's something like 3-4k a month per child.

No international school fees, no medical and only the bare minimum payment.

On top of that you expect shared custody where you can look after the kids up to 50 per cent of the time.

Stick to your guns and do not agree to anything more. If the Court will not agree then tell them to make a ruling and you will appeal - which will take about a year.

Then, when everything is finished, you can explain to your ex that you are quite happy to pay more, but you expect access to the kids at agreed times and dates.

That's the deal. If she starts messing around with the access, then continue to pay the amount ordered by the Court but immediately stop all additional top up payments. There will be nothing she can do as you will be paying what the Court has ordered.

Trust me, she will soon come around to your way of thinking.

You need to start thinking smart and not giving up the biggest advantage you've got.

If the ex gives you the Court ordered access then it's easy street for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clifford S said:

Hi BlackCab, Yes I think I'm going to go the route you suggest, thanks for your reply...

Be aware that when your ex partner works out your strategy, which won't take her long, she will probably radically change her attitude to you and become all sweetness and light. If you have decided the bad times have outweighed the good times then don't fall for it.

Stay strong, because your actions will ensure your access to your children and provide them with the stability they need for the future. If you take the easy path then this will drag on and on, with the inevitable disruption for your children.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...